which lastest OScam works for OpenATV on Mutant HD51

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,123 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hi.

Can anyone out there tell me which Oscam-file ipk i need for OpenATV on Mutant HD51 ?

I tryed so many and everytime i do a new flash with the latest Oscam-file and new feed of Open ATV, the Softcam Panel are Missing.

The only feed of OpenATV who works for me with the latest Oscam-file is "OpenATV 6.2 11062019". I'm wondering, why old feed of OpenATV works for Oscam 11523.

Need help to activate Oscam with OpenATV 6.2. on Mutant HD51.

Any solution out there ? Please help :-)

• djfrosty

Changed the title of the thread from “Witch lastest OScam works for OpenATV on Mutant HD51” to “which lastest OScam works for OpenATV on Mutant HD51”.
  • I have been tested lot of new feed.

Notice: The new feed, doesn't work with the new feed of OpenATV 6.2 or OpenATV 6.3 for Oscam version "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.523-emu-r796-arm+mips_all.ipk" or "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.522-emu-r796-arm+mips_all.ipk".

To get oscam version 11.522 or 11523 working, it only works for older feed of Open ATV 6.2 or Open 6.3.

(I've been tested Open ATV 6.2 "openatv-6.2-mutant51-20190611_usb.zip" and that works 100% with new version of OSCAM so far).

Is there an issue with the new feed for OpenATV ? Cause everything works 100 % until 11/6-2019.

What to do, to get the latest feed and oscam working with Mutant HD51 ?

• Official Post

You are not making sense.

There is only one new feed. All the old feeds are dead apart from updating the feed.

11522 and 11523 are not the newest oscam

Post a step by step of what you are doing so we can follow what you are doing and assist you. say what image you are using too.

For example:

I am using openatv 6.2 30 june 2019

I downloaded oscam wonderful.ipk from marvellous.com

I transferred it to /tmp on my receiver using ftp program filezilla client

I installed it by command line using putty opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

I tried to start oscam from softcam panel

• Official Post

oscam and oscam-emu are two different softcams. Your title says oscam, further in the thread you mentioned the oscam-emu version. Make sure you select the one you want.

The emu version will have -emu next to name. The one listed is latest one, 11529-796 at this moment in time. They will keep updating it so you don't have to go looking for ipks. And when you perform a software update, the oscam-emu will update too.

• Unfortunately, not all IPK packages have been modified for a new way to launch softcams yet. Unfortunately, OpenATV has disabled the standard SoftcamPanel-plugin since 14.6.2019, so the '/etc/*.emu' files intended to run softcams do not work. Now it works a little differently. Now, in OpenATV, the '/etc/init.d/softcam.name_of_softcam>' bash scripts are used instead of '/etc/*.emu' files. Of course it can be done differently.

OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

It is also possible to use the manual way of installing and running Oscam. See this tutorial:

Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

You just need the right Oscam binary file for your chipset architecture. Your Mutant HD51 4K contains BCM7251s chipset i.e. ARMv7 architecture (Cortex-A15, Brahma B15). More info about Broadcom chipsets here: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom . So you need the binary file for armv7 architecture. Try this one (with or without EMU, as needed):

https://ulozto.net/!p5vfFyUJrD54/oscam-11529-arm-dream-zip

https://ulozto.net/!oHfF1ZvYvz…m-11529-arm-dream-emu-zip

• Once again, the softcams on the secret feed are packaged for OpenATV. Only the correct softcams for the receiver will be presented to the user.

There is no need for the OP to look anywhere other than the secret feed.

Yes, and if it changes again half a year later - in OpenATV or another Enigma, then again, you will have to discuss it in the forum for 1 month about problems getting started and using SoftCams. The problem is also the frequent disconnection of feed servers, as they are not official servers from the Enigma team. Also, patching IPK packages for trouble is a very lengthy process, as Enigma support doesn't take care of it.

By launching Linux-based services, there will be no problem with Softcam startup. If so, it is easy to find the cause.

Anyone who is a little bit experienced in operating systems should use Linux on their own. Not as it requires an IPK package or a Softcam feed. For example, people are often asked how to change the configuration directory (of course, only by using Linux over Shell).

If users refuse to use the Shell / command-line in Linux, then let them use set-top boxes with Android (KODI) or Windows (WMC) systems. They are designed for one click via the "icon" without the possibility to set all system details. Linux systems do not belong to ordinary people but to system administrators.

I recognize that for people who have no experience, there is a better IPK package or a feed server with Softcams. But on the other hand, Softcams is only used by people who are already experienced. So I don't see a reason in the case of Softcams to use a feed server from an unknown owner or install an IPK package from a USB key or from a '/tmp' folder.

Another fact is that Softcam is not a plugin, but it's a one-time and short install, that means you install it and it works then OK all year. You don't have to update it (it's not necessary to activate it every day, as everyone thinks, but once a year). Rather important is the functional setting of the Softcam.

IPK packages have been designed primarily for complicated applications, modules, plugins that require a lot of installation steps (in the form of libraries, drivers, addons, modules, etc.).

These are the fundamental arguments why not use IPK packages and feed server to install one binary softcam file to Enigma :).

• That "copy binary blah to blubb, chmod 666, ..." stuff is only confusing people:

Those who can handle these steps don't need advise on how to do that!

Using softcams from the secret feed makes sure you get a SoftCAM compiled for your image and your architecture and it's the most transparent source you can have, the recipes can be seen here:
    https://github.com/oe-special/recipes-sfeed

All those softcams from IPKs or ZIPs in forums or other download databases are far less trustworthy, as nobody knows who made them and how, using which toolchain, with which additional patches ...

Those people that can really create a softcam binary that is even more trustworthy than those from the feed, which means having to compile it on your own - most definitely also know how to write or adapt an existing init.d-Script.

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• If, at some point in the future, the softcam feed will again be part of OpenATV's image, as in the case of OpenPLi, I admit that it has a meaningful meaning.

Unfortunately, downloading + installing + configuring Softcams requires some IT technology experience. This means that using Shell should not be a problem. And that means you install and run Softcam about 5 steps manually or download and install the OpenATV softcam feed source package, it is the same (about 5 steps, with the fact that you have to use FTP, Shell, solve installation problems, etc.). The only difference is that in the case of manual progress, the user will see all possible problems and errors (exactly as he proceeds step by step). Unfortunately, the user does not know anything about the IPK package. They will only see some stupidity - for example, the Softcam will not start and the user must then search the internet for 2 days where the problem is at all. Each Enigma is always updated and always creates new problems with automated Softcam installation.

It is important to realize that Linux systems belong to the hands of only experienced users and not ordinary users. There are many things to do. For example, restoring or backing up channel lists. If a user always tunes the channel list manually in the GUI set-top box, then he doesn't have to use a Linux set-top box, but just a regular digital sat-receiver. Again, users of Linux set-top boxes are expected to have a basic knowledge of IT technology.

The benefits of Linux boxes can only be used by users with good IT knowledge. Again, Linux is not a Windows or Android system! Only experienced users will use Linux. Others MUST LEARN WITH LINUX or buy a non-linux satellite receiver.

Phew ...

IPK = stupid script, written by stupid people, which works on a very primitive principle and very easily and after some time stops working altogether (because of upgrading to another Enigma for example).

No IPK package is universal, because every Enigma works differently and unfortunately the developers under Enigma do not write 1000 lines of code into the bash script to predict and prevent improper use, for example, in another Enigma distribution. Indeed, most IPK installation scripts are very primitive. Indeed, they can only be compared to simple scripts. These scripts don't do what they should. I really don't need an IPK scrip to write 5 commands to Shell.

Where are Assembler and C language times lost ... oh yeah ...

In my view, IPK, DEB, or other installation packages are unnecessary chaos. An exception is the officially supported and edited feed source, some Linux team.

There are too many feed-sources with Softcam packages and they are NOT SUBSCRIBED by a trusted person!

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!