Inadyn freednson duo with blackhole 1.7.3

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,607 times. The last Post () by regenold.

• Has anyone gotten inadyn working with freedns.afraid.org ddns in blackhole 1.7.3 on vu+duo
    Keep getting an error that say check username, alias, password.
    Also couldn't find an inadyn config file, just a script, tried editting the script to add a hash that is supposedly required for freedns. This shows up on the inadyn gui in bh but am still getting the error and no update
    Is there any other totally free ddns that works with inadyn.

I'm confused, any help appreciated.

#!/bin/sh
    DAEMON=/usr/bin/inadyn
    NAME=inadyn
    DESC="InaDyn dynamic DNS Client"
    INADYN_ON=1
    INADYN_USERNAME=user
    INADYN_PASSWORD=pass
    INADYN_ALIAS="alias.mooo.com,long_hash"
    UPDATE_PERIOD=1200000
    LOG_FILE_ON=1
    LOG_NAME=/var/log/inadyn.log
    DYN_SYSTEM_ON=1
    DYN_SYSTEM=default@freedns.afraid.org

test -f $DAEMON || exit 0

set -e

case "$1" in
    start)
    if [ $INADYN_ON -ne 0 ]; then
    ARGS="-u $INADYN_USERNAME -p $INADYN_PASSWORD -a $INADYN_ALIAS --update_period $UPDATE_PERIOD --forced_update_period 60000"
    if [ $LOG_FILE_ON = 1 ]; then
    ARGS="$ARGS --log_file $LOG_NAME"
    fi
    if [ $LOG_FILE_ON = 2 ]; then
    ARGS="$ARGS --syslog"
    fi
    if [ $DYN_SYSTEM_ON -ne 0 ]; then
    ARGS="$ARGS --dyndns_system $DYN_SYSTEM"

fi
    echo -n "starting $DESC: $NAME... "
    start-stop-daemon -S -b -n $NAME -a $DAEMON -- $ARGS
    echo "done."
    fi
    ;;
    stop)
    echo -n "stopping $DESC: $NAME... "
    start-stop-daemon -K -n $NAME
    rm $LOG_NAME
    echo "done."
    ;;
    restart)
    echo "restarting $DESC: $NAME... "
    $0 stop
    $0 start
    echo "done."
    ;;
    reload)
    echo -n "reloading $DESC: $NAME... "
    killall -HUP $(basename ${DAEMON})
    echo "done."
    ;;
    *)
    echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload}"
    exit 1
    ;;
    esac

exit 0

• no idea about that but why dont you try this : h**ps://account.dyn.com/entrance/
    most would strongly recommend the 20 dollar per year account so no worries of expiration
    have never had a problem using it for over 5 years ;)

• I've got 3 or 4 friends/family who I introduced to cs and the option you mentioned would get a bit expensive. If you could have one admin password and one client password for all dns hosts I wouldn't mind but that isn't provided. I know it's only dns but don't want people to be able to read my passwords if they go fiddling. Not worried about my friends but its tv so kids will be using it and anyone it literate passing through.
    I use dyndns for my home pc

• if you have it on pc then you use the same for your endserver ,if family and friends are only clients then they dont need one..
    the free version would do alright as long as they use the updater (as the host expires after 30 days ) to refresh it
    if they had a static IP then they wouldnt need a host either.
    just after reading again..... 20 dollars per year per ip isnt really that expensive...

• the free option on dyndns is gone, now you need a cc to sign up and then you can cancel and maintain free service but that's a pain in the ass. Want dyndns on most of the boxes like my Dad's so I can update his channel list every now and again. Or browse crashlogs etc, have no idea why the above didn't work. followed instructions as per inadyn and inadyn works with freedns from ubuntu for example

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!