Enigma2 receiver as RTMP server

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,619 times. The last Post () by fuegos.

• Hello,

It seems E2/Linux receivers support HLS (m3u) out of the box. Is there any way to stream a channel over network using RTMP? Apparently DVBlast, MuMuDVB and Tvheadend achieve this on a Linux computer. Is there any way to make them work on E2 box?

Cheers!

• How you tackle something like that will probably depend upon what client/s you wish to use.

For example, say you are using a 'Vix or Open-ATV based E2 build, then you could just use an HLS/M3U generated from the E2 box and then load that into your client.

On the other hand you could use say Kodi, an E2 Addon and point it at the E2 box .......

There's going to be a ton of options.

• Thanks for the suggestion fuegos! I need it to be RTMP push/pull. What I have figured out so far is like this:

E2/Linux --> HLS/M3U --> Windows/Linux PC with OBS (VLC Video source) --> nginx on remote VPS --> Multiple streaming services.

Do you think this will work? Any other suggestions?

• Ahh - - - I follow you now. Personally, I have never tried to tackle a project along those lines, but I would have thought that this sort of thing must have been already solved. Hopefully there will be some server people here who will be able to offer some more specific thoughts and ideas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!