Chocholousek Picons updater (Enigma2 plugin)

There are 411 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 76,860 times. The last Post () by hatters1976.

• i got to works directly store the picons on the usb with ext3 format the only way to give permission 777.

Now i s working fine.

s3n0 you are who update the picons?

i ask you because i check 27.5W that are not well updated its just for info.

thanks for you work

• I do not understand what is meant by "27.5W that are not well updated". Do you think there are errors in the assigned SRCs? Or what exactly do you mean? Picon designer is Chocholoušek. I'm just the developer of this plugin. Chocholoušek takes care of the design and PNG files. I take care of the plugin code (of course only if I have free time).

I thought the problem would be in assigning access rights to the created directory. But it amazes me.

Dreambox firmware has improved its file-system security around the new Enigma cores. Even from the plugin code directly (under OE 2.5 enigma core), you cannot use the path to files that are outside the plugin directory or outside the Enigma / Python directory. Access to directories is severely restricted. That's a fact.

Try to create a new folder on USB and try to check what default attributes the system has assigned to this folder (ls -al path_to_root_usb-directory). It is possible that the default attributes for created files are not 666, but some other (644). You do not need to set 777 attributes. Setting the attributes to 777 is a very dangerous solution. It should be sufficient to set the attributes of this folder to 666 or 755. I was wondering if you had the original NTFS filesystem there :). It has a very problematic setting access rights between different versions of Windows systems :-D. Microsoft is one big fun :-).

• ok thanks understood i havent clear if you were the picons logo updater. Its not a problem for me the picons are fine for me.

at this moment i have prefectly working. I tried to format with the dream and create a ext4 format usb with software diskgen i can read write on the usb under windows10.

one test that i would like to perform its format usb in ntfs and then check i already can give permission read/write to the folder because installed the drivers for linux on gp4 ntfs-3g.

the default attributes when i format the usb with dream in ext4 its 444 i think only owner can write.

Now with ext3 attributes 777 the plugin can write the picons on usb without problem. i check that previously extract the files from the tmp folder where is downloaded the zipped file.

• Dreambox has its own enigma core. Unfortunately. Other Enigmas, such as OpenATV and OpenPLi, have an OE 2.0-based core.

If I create a folder in OpenATV on a USB key via Enigma, it gets the default attributes of 644. Of course, the default attributes can be set on Linux systems as needed (use the command: "umask -S" to display default mask attributes for folders / files) and probably Dreambox firmware for the sake of greater security, it only sets out access attributes for the owner itself. Attributes 444 mean read only attributes for all three groups.

For more info:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Umask

https://books.google.sk/books?…hUIHTy_BUUQ6AEwCXoECAgQAQ

For Linux systems, it is best to use an EXT or FAT32 filesystem. NTFS is not very reliable for Linux. Linux is primarily the EXT filesystem.

• I`ve installed the latest version of this updater on my Vu+ Ultimo 4k using latest Blackhole image. It works very well apart from, I am unable to enable any other satellites other than 19.2E and 23.5E, which are already enabled. I get green screen everytime I try to enable another satellite. Is this a Blackhole or VU+ problem. Or can it be fixed?

Thanx for the great work for the plugin and picons.

bo.

• Hi there !

Thx for your report.

As first please try delete old ChocholousekPlugin's settings from the Enigma settings:

Chocholousek Picons updater (Enigma2 plugin)

If it doesn't work then send the crash-log file to the discussion please. Browse the directories in your set-top-box via the FTP connection and retrieve the right crash-log file by the timestamp file name (last date/time in the file name - related to your problem).

/media/hdd

/home/root/logs

...or find it in some similiar directories (I dont know BlackHole Enigma, so, sorry).

• Of course, you can also use an FTP connection to edit the "/etc/enigma2/settings" file - but only when the Enigma is stopped. If the Enigma is turned in standby or Enigma is rebooting, the settings are then saved from RAM to disk (in the "/etc/enigma2/settings" file). This means that any changes made to the "settings" file will be overwritten with what was in RAM (in the Enigma configuration memory).

For example, you can access the shell via the PUTTY terminal application (select Telnet or SSH connection, enter the set top box IP address, user-login, user-password, and connect). You can also open a terminal directly from Open-Webif (in the left column, below is the "terminal" you actually control the Linux shell). However, the Open-Webif terminal is somewhat slowed down and limited by some features.

• Today i install the last unestable image for dm900 and afte install the plugin doesnt appear on plugins menu. Something maybe change on the original image?

i can see that the plugin is installed but i cant find wehere to launch like before that was on plugin menu.

• Did you also try to restart the set top box ? Is the plugin really installed ? After restarting, check the folder:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons/

Which Enigma image do you use (name and version) ?

Is there also a debug-log in your Enigma ? Unfortunately, I am not the holder of all Enigma distributions in the world :-( so I can't debug the plugin in all Enigma distributions.

You need to show me some bug report or screenshot or how you are sure the installation was successful. Otherwise, unfortunately I cannot debug the error you mention other than with the help of the user.

• I don't know the original Dreambox OS firmware. In my opinion it is possible to debug somehow also in Dreambox firmware. For example: http://wiki.blue-panel.com/index.php/Create_Enigma2_log_file

What about my other questions ? Please try the directory listing:

ls /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons

Are you using the default SKIN or other SKIN ?

• on telnet

root@dm900:~# dpkg -i /tmp/*deb

(Reading database ... 16833 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_2.0.20032

_all.deb ...

Unpacking enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons (2.0.200323) over (2.0.

00323) ...

Chocholousek picons - plugin ver.2.0.200323

Enigma2 plugin/extensions

by s3n0 , 2018-2020

Successfully REMOVED. You should restart Enigma2 now.

Setting up enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons (2.0.200323) ...

Chocholousek picons - plugin ver.2.0.200323

Enigma2 plugin/extensions

by s3n0 , 2018-2020

Successfully INSTALLED. You should restart Enigma2 now.

with default skin.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons

<nigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons

ls: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons: No such file

or directory

root@dm900:~#

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!