Chocholousek Picons updater (Enigma2 plugin)

There are 411 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 77,642 times. The last Post () by hatters1976.

• dan20701

Hi.

The file you downloaded is probably not a 7z archive, but a html code - if you also use a VPN in your Linux set-top box.

In the plugin source code, the header of 7-zip files is detected as follows:

Code
        def fileHeader7z(self, f_path):
            with open(f_path, 'rb') as f:
                f_header = f.read(4)
            if f_header == b'7z\xbc\xaf':         # check the 7-zip file header (the first 4 bytes from file)
                return True
            else:
                return False

If you use a VPN in a set-top box, try disabling it temporarily. The same applies when using the PROXY server. If you are using PROXY to connect, try temporarily disabling it.

The download of picon packages via another internet network (another internet provider) should also be tested. For example with a friend... without a tuner / antenna connection... all you have to do is connect the set-top box to a PC monitor or TV and download the icons there (via another internet provider).

It would help to create a DEBUG / LOG file in your Enigma2 (I don't know which Enigma2 distribution you are using). There will be more information in the debug file when the error occurs. For example, send me this debug file in a private message.

EDIT :

You write that in the latest version of the plugin, this file download worked correctly. Write down which version worked correctly. It is also possible that there is a small BUG in the new version. In this case, it must be found and repaired. However, only with your help, as this latest plugin works correctly everywhere.

Please also write which Enigma2 distribution (OpenPLi, OpenATV, ... etc.) you have installed in the set-top box.

• Thank you very much s3no. I have a asus vpn router all my devices are on the vpn

disabling the vpn fixed the problem.

However this was working months ago maybe it was a asus firmware upgrade

that made it not work .

Thanks mate.

[0.1893] Internet connection is OK.

[0.3199] Connection to the picon server is OK.

[0.3207] ##################################################

[0.3222] ############ Configuration profile: 1 ############

[0.3229] ##################################################

[0.3290] Preparing a list of picons from the picon directory on the local disk... "/data/picon/*.png"

[0.4199] ...done.

[0.4216] Preparing a list of picons from userbouquet files... "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.*.{tv,radio}"

[0.8639] ...done.

[0.8657] Deleting unnecessary picons from local disk...

[0.8670] ...0 picons deleted.

[0.8676] ==================================================

[0.8688] The process started... (downloading and extracting all necessary picons)

[0.8691] --------------------- 1 / 3 ----------------------

[0.8711] Trying download the file archive... "piconpoolrainbow-400x240-28.2E_by_chocholousek.7z"

[7.9242] ...file download successful.

[8.0425] Extracting files from the archive...

[10.239] ...179 picons were extracted from the archive.

[10.245] --------------------- 2 / 3 ----------------------

[10.247] Trying download the file archive... "piconpoolrainbow-400x240-19.2E_by_chocholousek.7z"

[19.649] ...file download successful.

[19.798] Extracting files from the archive...

[22.065] ...30 picons were extracted from the archive.

[22.072] --------------------- 3 / 3 ----------------------

[22.074] Trying download the file archive... "piconpoolrainbow-400x240-13.0E_by_chocholousek.7z"

[48.229] ...file download successful.

[48.389] Extracting files from the archive...

[55.660] ...26 picons were extracted from the archive.

[55.685] --------------------------------------------------

[55.686] ...the process is complete. (downloading and extracting all necessary picons)

[55.686] ==================================================

[56.002] After updating the picons you may need to restart the Enigma (GUI).

(4 added / 231 changed / 0 removed)

• This is a question of setting up the network interface correctly, in your WiFi router or in your set-top box system.

It depends on what is used as the main gateway for internet access. It depends on the direction of network communication ... from the plugin (from your Linux set-top box), through various connection nodes, then via the internet and then it ends up in the picon server.

However, the picon server does not allow proxy and VPN connections (through VPN gateways). These connections are often abused, for example as for DDoS. Unfortunately... reporting of these VPN accounts is also a lengthy process (in terms of jurisdiction).

The solution would be to set up your Linux set-top box so that according to the network communication policy, the connection to the picon.cz server was routed only through your internet gateway (your internet provider directly) and not through the VPN network.

Restoration of the old, albeit primitive, method for detecting the newer Enigma2 core (OE 2.2+):

- this should solve constant problems on some new Enigma2 distributions

- more precisely, this is a problem with changing the font type and size in the configuration menu (AttributeError: 'eListbox' object has no attribute 'setFont')

thx s3n0

• I want to create picon software for a device with GX6605 processor. Can you give me information on what kind of XML code should I use?

Hi.

I don't understand you exactly. What do you mean ? Want to create a plugin for some special firmware in your older set-top box ? What firmware is installed there ?

Enigma2 set-top boxes uses the Python language, not the XML language.

The algorithm contains a special approach (basically it's something like an API), so about this, you have to contact Chocholousek and consult all solutions with him. The authorship and design of the picons belong to him.

I'm just the developer of this "Chocholousek Picons" plugin - for Enigma2 set-top boxes. I liked the picons from Chocholousek and so I made a plugin that automates everything and can install picons into the Enigma2 set-top box :).

However, the details depend on what Chocholousek approves and what does not. For example, there are restrictions on a storage server with picon packs. It is not easy to protect a server from DDoS attacks for example. Therefore, the algorithm must be adapted to the conditions set by the server. Chocholousek uses the Picon.cz server, which is subsidized and hosted by Ellano.sk.

• Hi there and thanks for providing us with this brilliant plugin.

I'm having a problem running the plugin (latest version) on the latest OpenATV 7.1 nightly build from April 5, 2022 as well as latest Egami nightly 10.1-r9.

The plugin installs fine, but after downloading the chosen picons, these can't be extracted due to the lack of 7 z. There's also a message appearing on the plugin interface saying "Preview image".

ZGemma H9S SE - OpenATV 7.3

Edited once, last by s2gus24 ().

• s2gus24

Hello.

OpenATV 7.1 is only a beta version. I do not recommend using it at all. It is a version designed for developers and beta testers. Even OpenATV 7.0 RC1 is not official yet. Anyway, this is using Python 3 code, which my plugin already supports.

Your problem is, as you write, in the running or downloading of the 7-zip archiver.

First, the 7-zip archiver is searched on the Enigma2 feed-server.

Second, if it is not found, then a binary file (stand-alone) is downloaded from the github portal.
    However, this is partly, still, unfortunately dependent on the Linux kernel and its system libraries + chipset architecture (mipsel / arm / aarch64). So I think the 7-zip archiver has downloaded to your receiver... but it's not working properly.

Please try to check whether it is downloaded or not:

find / -iname "7z*"

... and if it's downloaded, try to run it from the location where it was found, for example:

/usr/bin/7za --help

.... and / or:

/usr/bin/7z --help

Alternatively, you can enable the debugging in the OpenATV MENU, then restart Enigma2, and rhen the error occurs, send the created, latest, debug-log file into the discussion. There will be more info on what went wrong.

The second thing that is possible is that you are using a VPN and you have an incorrectly set up gateway to the Internet (via a VPN external server or via another machine in the VPN).

Thanks for report.

• ZGemma H9S SE - OpenATV 7.3

• OK, so the problem is solved ? Perfect :). So, the cause is a poorly configured VPN ?

Yes, sorted!

I don't know whether my OpenVPN connection is badly configured or not. Can you please elaborate on this, just a word or two.

PS: Sorry mate, I now know what you mean. I've just read some previous messages :)

ZGemma H9S SE - OpenATV 7.3

Edited once, last by s2gus24 ().

• s3n0

dear friend :on my VU solo2 it's my first time i've installed OMB(openmultiboot) using a USB pen to have more space for plugins (previously i used Universe)

so BH 3. is in flash and another BH 3. is in /media/usb/open-multiboot/BH305

so thinking to do well i've create this folder /media/usb/open-multiboot/BH305/media/usb/picon for plugin........but i cannot view picons in channel list menu (but picons have correctly been downloaded in picon folder and option to view in personal setting is flagged)

my question is: which is the the right folder to choose in plugin to have picons working in the image under OMB (non affecting the flash) ?

and if I install other different images every images should have is own picon folder or is possible to create a folder shareable by all images installed ?

tnx in advance

VU+UNO 4K se running OpenAtv 7.3

• Hi.

It is not enough to create a directory in the plugin configuration. You must also assign (set) this directory - in the plugin configuration.

If you use the same channel lists on both Enigma2 distributions and therefore the same picons, then why not use the same and the same directory on the external disk? For example "/media/usb/picon".

OBH:

According to the source code here: https://github.com/OpenBlackHo…nts/Renderer/Picon.py#L12

...this search path is also included ("/media/usb" + "/picon") there.

BH:

However, the default directory "/media/usb/picon" does not included in BlackHole image: https://github.com/BlackHole/e…nts/Renderer/Picon.py#L18

...so there must to be created a symbolic link.

In most Enigma2 distributions is used as the default directory for picons, just this: "/usr/share/enigma2/picon" (in the internal flash drive). If this directory does not exist, you must create it, of course.

//// EDIT:

You can also use a symbolic-link as a redirect-dir in your new installed Enigma2:

Code
    mkdir -p /usr/share/enigma2/picon
    ln -s /media/usb/picon /usr/share/enigma2/picon

However, I would not use the OpenBlackHole Enigma2 - it's outdated. Use BlackHole (https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma2) instead. I think both use a different Enigma2 distribution as a source. So in my opinion, neither of these two (BH and OBH) is a happy solution. You'd better use and get used to the most popular and fastest OpenPLi. It is the most popular and so far the fastest I have seen in my short practice.

• Official Post

Here there are some miss information, First of all OBH is built on the latest OpenAlliance.

Also the Blackhole Image that jolinuxsat is refering to. Is an very old image 3.05

Latest BH image is now 3.10 so switch images and all works just fine with this nice plugin.

I use it my self in both OBH and BH with no issues at all.

Minor addition:

- upon termination of support for any of the satellite positions, i.e. if the picon pack no longer exists, the satellite position will be automatically deleted from the user configuration

- the user will be notified by a warning message box

• s3n0

could be possible to download picons just for TV without radio channels?

Thank you

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• Hi.

Why wouldn't it be possible ? I don't understand exactly. Its not working ? Or what do you mean ?

Enter the plugin configuration and change the update method (go to this configuration line and press the left/right buttons on the RCU).

• Hi.

Why wouldn't it be possible ? I don't understand exactly. Its not working ? Or what do you mean ?

just dont need to download picons for radios stations, only for TV.

dont see that option in setup

So again...

Open the "Chocholousek Picons" plugin and then move the cursor to the line "update mode". Press the LEFT / RIGHT arrows on the RCU until you switch the desired mode (update mode without use the RADIO picons).

e2plugins/ChocholousekPicons at master · s3n0/e2plugins
    Enigma2 plugins. Contribute to s3n0/e2plugins development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!