Problems with other boxes

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 851 times. The last Post () by regenold.

• Has anyone ever caused other boxs connected to the same lnb (Sly, quad) to suffer signal issues having switched out a sly box for my vu. Original sly plus has no signal, one other sly box has no signal and one has ok signal.
    Assume it is just water ingress to feeds on lnb, there's lots of tape on it as some insulation installers knocked it off when filling cayity walls.
    Just looking for some reassurance that it wasn't me and just poor timing. These boxes that have an issue were unable to pick up e4 and c4 and the like before now. Household blames interference from dect phone for c4 probs but i find this unlikely (unless old coax is used somewhere in the run which they say isn't the case).

• I have 3 Vu's ( Duo, Uno. Ultimo ) along with two $ky boxes a DM600, DM7020 all connected up to 3 dishes in my house with no issues what so ever. in fact my Ultimo shares the same dish as my primary $ky HD box just fine. and again no there are no problems receiving E4 or C4 or any other channel barring user fault.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Cool, was starting to doubt what I know about this pastime with the general ignorance of the crowd. I assume the signal has been degrading steadily since when the lnb mount was damaged and that led to e4 c4 probs as I even had poor quality on my duo.

• I dug out a spare lnb I got from a friendly *** installer so will check alignment and fit it tomorrow. Failing that the *** man is required I think, will just put the duo out of sight.
    Lol, meant the general ignorance of the rest of the family. I think everyone in the house thinks I broke it with my new satellite box, I'm assuming it was just poor timing. That said my duo still clears most channels. Am assuming this is because of better tuners than old sd sly boxes, we'll see.
    Cheers for feedback lads.

• As I first thought, one lnb connevtion was damaged and the end of all cables had water damage, replaced them lnb and redid all connectors, realigned dish and everything worked as normal. Channel 4 prob was down to old analogue cable being used on parts of the run and an old analogue wallplate.
    All is well and sanity has been restored.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!