best skin recommendation for pure2 images

There are 78 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,621 times. The last Post () by johnnylarue167.

• Good tools are worth their weight in gold! :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Cool! The main thing is that you're having fun! ;) All else will follow...:thumbup::beer1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

So as someone that doesn't use pure2, do people prefer the grid menus or old school list menu

I used to prefer old school lists but since putting purE2 on most of my receivers, I do prefer the grid menu ( after initial teething period)
    I also can say it hasn't miss a beat so far.:thumbup::thumbup:

• My kid's gran is now using PurE2 with FNC plugins and loving watching movies with her grandsons... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• So, how did this go in the end? Any good results to test, please?

Still ill in Brazil, so... :)

• So i got bored with my current set up and decided to test a few images.After a few days decided to have another look at pure2.At first glance pretty good,then i encountered a problem where auto bouquet just kept crashing(vu zero pure2 6.2 and 6.3),i knew this worked on previous test,anyway long story short it will only work when a slyk skin is installed and not on 2 skins preloaded.Yes this image definitely needs a decent skin and who better than kiddac to design one,how about something like the old seven hd skin where we get options like colours.infobars and screens etc.I will try this image later when it has been tweeked but for now back to openatv........Good luck and thankyou for all the hard work you guys do it is appreciated.

• I'm sorry but this has to be said..... Estuary not "decent", not malleable, in terms of colours, infobars and screens (whatever that means?) and tons of other options?!? PurE2 not giving users as many controls as possible?!? Seriously?!?

7915a999af1.jpg

cd796ecc9660a.jpg

e6c2cd2c85077ba9ab006bc36.jpg

On top of that, these kind of "critical" posts showing no understanding of the image/Estuary skin of any kind AND containing no logs, no details of the setup... What is the problem exactly with "screens", exactly how was it set-up etc.?

3755338696c36f4.jpg

2daef.jpg

On top of that, I have explained various other possibilities in terms of setting up other skins to get the few possibilities not contained in Estuary, in some detail, tested - but OK...

Moreover, that plugin you mentioned is not ours, AFAIK, so did you report it to the author? But: why on Earth would one use it, what with ready-made lists to be downloaded from MENU > Plugins > Lists or from elsewhere?

And as stated before, we do not have Vu boxes at all, ergo this is done in a blind mode, so NOT supported...

• why list or attempt to make an image for a box you do not have,it's a bit like me going to ford for a vw engine and them saying we don't have them but we will guess at making one?!ALL I WANT(maybe this is strange)IS A IMAGE THT WORKS WITH PLUGINS IN IT'S OWN FEEDS.

• And it does all work, for boxes we have.

Talk to Vu. We do you a favour and you diss us?!? Seriously? Just like Vu... Jeezussss...

Delfi, I vote to remove all Vu and DMM stuff from our DL, never to make another image for them... FFS!!!

At least you could have apologised for the nonsense you have written about PurE2 and Estuary etc. showing complete ignorance and yet allowing yourself to jump to conclusions with 7 mile boots...

• And for you and people like you we made it but when I read this kind of uninformed, ignorant, lazy nonsense I feel we should stop any support of the a-holes...

• I see your trip to Brazil chilled you out :) :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

I did attempt to start a skin for this after the new year, I failed at the first hurdle as it kept crashing.
    But I was only experimenting with estuary as a base and changing a few things.
    I will get back into my skinning zone soon and have a play.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Accident and Emergency, antibiotics, inhalers, steroids.... Bah! Most of the hols - ill... :( Perhaps a bit of venting out was in order, even so...?? :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

C'mon, we're all routing for ya! :) Mind, there is some protection in Estuary, I am told, against some unauthorised meddlin'...

As I mentioned, I have tested other skins, which worked well but only if I didn't uninstall Estuary... So, it should work...

But if you don't mind me sayin' so, try something other than Vu and in flash... ;)

Best of luck!

• Ok got message,will stick to a image where the people writing it know what they are doing and give good support.

P.s been using enigma for years and have spent years programming SO MAYBE NOT AS IGNORANT AS SOME a-holes!!:head banger:

• Official Post

Ok got message,will stick to a image where the people writing it know what they are doing and give good support.

P.s been using enigma for years and have spent years programming SO MAYBE NOT AS IGNORANT AS SOME a-holes!!:head banger:

Support is very good from the pure2 team, Each to there own, there is plenty of images out there.

• What the... WE DO NOT HAVE THOSE BOXES!!!! We're doing Vu a favour, we're doing users a favour doing it blind and yet... some people... F... me...

• Indeed, already done with one such primadonna... ;)

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!