Jedi EPG Xtream

There are 631 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,247 times. The last Post () by zehnisagcan.

• Jedi EPG Xtream
    Assign 3rd Party EPG to IPTV Channels

v2.09 - last updated: 05/08/2023

Plugin will work on 720 or HD boxes.

There is nothing over complicated in this plugin and should therefore work on all images.

It has only been tested on OpenATV for this release.

da3c78b677a9f297e.png

How to use

Plugin is found in plugins menu.

Plugin loads all bouquets from bouquets folders except bouquets created via Auto Bouquets Maker.
    Therefore can be used with any bouquet creating plugin not just my Jedi Maker Xtream.

Column 1 - Bouquets
    This will load all your bouquets as found in /etc/enigma2/

If bouquets are grouped it will load parent group. Pressing right or OK will load sub-bouquets.

Column2 - Channels
    This loads all the channels from the selected bouquet.
    If a channel has an EPG already assigned via this Jedi EPG Xtream plugin a LINK icon will show next to it.
    Can unassign an EPG from the channel by pressing GREEN Button while that channel is highlighted.

Column3 - EPG sources
    This loads a list of EPG sources that are defined in an editable file - epglist.txt
    /etc/enigma2/jediepgxtream/epglist.txt

I have added in all the Rytec sources into this file, and 2 other working sources.
    If using Jedi Maker Xtream playlists, these xmltv.php sources will also automatically be added to the EPG source list on load.

You can also use any active xmltv.php file to populate other providers.

Other 3rd party EPGs can be added. But EPG importer cannot use https:// sources though :(

Sources can be xml, xz, gz or an active iptv xmltv.php links

To edit the epglist.txt file, 2 elements are required. A name and a source separated by a single space.
    The name has to be file name friendly. So use only Alpha-numeric characters and hyphens. Do not use \/.?* or spaces.

good example:

Rytec-News-Channels http://www.xmltvepg.nl/rytecNWS.xz

bad examples:

Rytec News-Channels http://www.xmltvepg.nl/rytecNWS.xz

Rytec/News/Channels http://www.xmltvepg.nl/rytecNWS.xz

I have pre-downloaded all the sources data in compact form.
    Sources can be refreshed by pressing YELLOW button or OK button if source list is empty (optional), or can be hidden by pressing BLUE button.
    Hiding the source just comments it out of epglist.txt file. It does not permantly delete it.

Column 4 
    This column only lists active channels that has EPG data. It does not list channels that are named but has blank EPG data.
    Therefore this plugin can actually be used to check your providers XMLTV file to see what actual channels should have EPG.

Press OK or GREEN button will assign this EPG to the channel.
    On assigning it will jump back to column 2 to allow further adding of channel EPGs.

On assigning - everything is automatically created in the background. No further saving need, just exit out of the plugin to finish then select your newly created source in epgimporter. (then manually download epgimport source).

Navigation Buttons

Left
    Right
    Up
    Down

Channel up - Page up

Channel Down - Page down

0 - Back to top

2 - Previous Letter

8 - Next Letter

EPG Importer

Open EPG importer.

Press BLUE button for "Sources".
    Expand "Jedi EPG"

Select all sources.

Save

Press YELLOW button to manually download sources.

How to delete all assigned EPGs and start from scratch.

delete epg.json from /etc/enigma2/jediepgxtream/

• This plugin is a first release beta it will not be 100% perfect.

Comments and Observations.

• Try all the Rytec sources first for a match. If no match try the other sources.
    • Don't just hide EPG sources without seeing what is in them. Lots of sport channels are hidden away in sources that might not be your language.
    • The "gen" source can be slow in peak times. It also might be UK football blocked. Therefore avoid when football is on.
    • Some sources are blank. I have left them in there in case they get populated in the future.
    • My plugin uses a Cyrillic font. So should have no problem with foreign characters.
    • There is currently no message to show source is being downloaded. Only default skin loading graphic.
    • I do try and amend some broken XML data for showing the lists. This will not fix bad EPG data as brought in via EPG importer. No control over that. Bad data is bad data and that is a problem with your provider not this plugin.
    • Huge EPG xmltv.php sources some times curl over a die. These will not load any data due to their massive size.

Will there be a search function - No

Will I be downloading picons via this - No

Will I be showing what Channel has what source and ID already assigned - possibly

Will I be putting an info popup for slow downloads - possibly

Will I be adding in local languages - thats up to the community to provide.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Jedi EPG Xtream

New file on post 1.

Right mofos. - Lets see if it works.

Please note, I didn't personally need to create this plugin. I did it for you guys.

So if you find it useful, it would be nice if you bought me a coffee or a redbull or a beer or a packet of cigs :). paypal link is under my avatar. or https://paypal.me/kiddac

Every little helps.

Usual rules apply.

If it crashes send me a crash log.

It's first release it probably isn't 100% perfect.

Don't be rude and ask for amends from the off. Appreciate the work involved in creating it.

Enjoy. (if it works)

:fingers crossed:

• Jedi EPG Xtream

Previous release fixes.

Fixed incorrect variable name preventing the plugin loading.

Fixed bouquet list - now only shows live and not vod and series (if created via Jedi Maker Xtream)

Added in more remote control key mapping for navigating around my plugin.
    Fixed some images not liking a jedimakerxtream reference I am looking up in the settings file.
    Fixed - bouquets that did exist, but were then deleted afterwards was causing a crash.

Added in an option to unassign all from that bouquet.

Fixed last channel in bouquet getting ignored.

Added in dreamOS skin, so that should no longer crash

Hopefully fixed non english characters in bouquet file names. Especially Greek letters.

• Another few tests I did today.

If for example you have ... rytec Uk freesat ticked already in your epg imported sources.

You still need to tick it again in the Jedi EPG section to correctly reference the channels.

You cannot just check one. One is for your Sat channels, the other is for your iptv channels.

Unfortunatley this means a double download, but doesn't take too long.

I am yet to test if selecting provider epg causes trouble with this Jedi EPG.
    So that needs thoroughly testing. For now I have not clicked the provider one and just been using the Jedi EPG one.

I do not know if they clash or one takes precidence over the other.

• And for all the people waiting for a stable release. I think we are there now. So feel free to download and experiment.

Jedi Maker Xtream doesn't (or shouldn't) change the unique IDs so Jedi Maker Xtream updates shouldn't break the assigned EPG links.

Other plugins might change the unique ID when updating. I cannot vouch for them.

And no need to do every channel in one go.

Do a bouquet, check epg importer sources, run epg importer scan, check them

Do a few more, check epg importer sources, run epg importer scan, check them.

Once you have assigned most channels, you can just leave it be then. Just checking the source sporadically to see if new channels have been added.

• DO NOTE: some http address although they do not redirect to https, might have secure certificates, which makes them not load in epg importer due to the crappy twisted web module they use in it.

You can press menu in EPG importer to view download log. Any errors for epg importer failed downloads will be shown in there

• All new sources seem to work.

Russian ones are slow due to their size.

And the south africa one has stupid ID names that mean nothing unless you look at the raw xml file to see what the display name is.

But the south africa super sport channels are as below. You probably wont use many others

SSZ - SuperSport Blitz

SSH - SuperSport 1

SH2 - SuperSport 2
    TS2 - SuperSport 3

SH4 - SuperSport 4
    HD5 - SuperSport 5

HD6 - SuperSport 6

HD7 - SuperSport 7

MSH - SuperSport 8

9HD - Supersport 9

SSV - Supersport 10

A11 - Supersport 11

12H - Supersport 12

EDH - Supersport 13

XHD - SuperSport MáXimo 1

SPY - SuperSport Play

ST1 - SuperSport 15

• Anyone want to do some language translations for their native language.
    Only a few to translate.

Just add a post below with the translatations and I will create the necessary files.

Bouquet
    Channel
    EPG Source
    EPG Selection

Select Bouquet.

Select Channel.

Select EPG Source. Press Yellow to refresh and update EPG Source. Optional

Select the closest EPG ID reference.

Exit

Unassign EPG

Unassign All

Update Source

Hide Source

Assign EPG

Assign 3rd Party EPG to IPTV Channels

or for those people who prefer to use poedit.

english file attached below.

See this post on how to convert

Jedi Maker Xtream (IPTV Bouquet Creator) - Main thread

• Nobody playing. So I will do an update and see how we get on tomorrow.

Jedi EPG Xtream v1.10

New file on post 1.

Fixed an error in the 720 skin that was crashing dreambox images. (I think)

Made column heading translatable.

Added in a few more epg sources that people have suggested.

• Jedi EPG Xtream v1.11

New file on post 1.

Fixed the multi colour backgrounds :) on dreambox

Bouquets column is no longer sorted a-z

Assigned sources and selections now get highlighted in the appropriate column (will need reassigning to highlight if used an older version)

Removed epg.json from the ipk, so your own will not get overwritten on plugin updates

Added a few more loop breaks to try to stop some duplicate assigments

• Whether the plugin supports satellite channels or IPTV only.....

The plugin actually supports any bouquet. But in my code I don't list any bouquet that is created by Auto Bouquet Maker. (Sat/Cab).

This is because for most of Europe, EPG Importer and rytec channels are usually enough to populate EPG for these.

Can be hacked out of the code if you specifically want these to show in this plugin

• Turkisg l

Turkish language translation.

• Official Post

nice find, but i though the idea was for the user to add there sources......

Column3 - EPG sources

This loads a list of EPG sources that are defined in an editable file - epglist.txt

/etc/enigma2/jediepgxtream/epglist.txt

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!