New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 136,665 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• Speed and stability.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• But you need the same on the other end: your server should have those capabilities, too!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• OK, dm9x0 drama solved (I really hope), at least if 6.5 image is in the main flash. Sorry, no time to test what happens with BA or other multiboot stuff. CI+ seems ok as well. Soon in the DL area.

• Which image? Log? Is PurE2 in the flash or are you using some multiboot plugin?

• Log?

• I got my Alien2 back, after a few years, heh... Here are the results...

http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/imag…ex.php?dir=6.5test/fulan/

amikoalien-PurE2-6.5-20200219_usb.zip

Patience is the word one can not overstate with these old beauties... They have their own... rhythm... ;)

Procedure:

Get the image for Alien2 and unpack it onto a USB stick formatted in FAT32.

Switch OFF Alien2 at the back switch.

Then, USB stick is pushed at the back port of Alien2.

We PRESS AND HOLD the OK button on the A2 front panel, when we switch ON the receiver at the back switch.

When you see FORC on LED let go of the OK button and press the > (right) button next to OK button.

The installation starts and last some 5 minutes...

Booting might last a bit, too, kinda stuck on 34 or 39 (starting home network?), then 49 (it's starting PurE2 at that point)... PATIENCE!

Go make yourself a drink or summat... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

When I finally figured out that it is not going past the 49% I figured out that the HDMI cable was not agreeable with my Alien2, so I changed it and then I could start playing...

One starts configuring PurE2 at that point... language, HDMI, network etc. Past the wizard and then the real fun starts after a reboot...

I have not killed off the Spark OS/partition. But I only use Enigma2 with PurE2 v. 6.5.

=====================================================================

First, I have added a 32GB USB stick partitioned in 2: HDD partition of 30GB and 2GB for USB partition, for Flash Expander.

Then, I installed Flash Expander and Swap Manager 2 (this one creates a permanent Swap, as opposed to the built-in Swap Manager) from PurE2 feeds (MENU > Plugins > Extensions and System Apps, respectively). Then, I put them to good use...

Done like this: How to expand ROM and RAM in PurE2

And this: Mounting devices/partitions in PurE2's Device Manager and which files to send where!

I created 512 MB SWAP file on partition 1, because Flash Expander went to USB partition 2.

My results in words...

Code
    root@amikoalien:~# free
    total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:         141500      116016       12200         764       13284        8220
    Swap:        559648       58616      501032

...and in (poor quality) images (had to do it with my phone as WebIF is a bit much for an old Alien2...) ;)

56a177666e.jpg

a9193d2ccf7d1aa6500.jpg

884b105f.jpg

ahmed gazye FFmpeg and Python 2.7 are present and with it Exteplayer3 - they work well when playback is needed!

e3ba06.jpg

2eb678.jpg

65493d775a35a81afe44de4c.jpg

43b88d6c1e1e9d3d9f2b87756.jpg

Yify and Streamlord could not be installed, for various reasons... Maybe it will be fixed, we'll see...

Sooo....

Sat TV is fine!

ahmed gazye Manual scan works fine!

344db7d.jpg

IPTV via Ciefp's channel list works fine when Exteplayer3 is chosen in ServiceApp.

OLM-FNC (and similar plugins) is working fine...

Playback from NAS on home network is great!

Image quality is fabulous!

Oldie but goldie... :)

• Tromo says:

"OK, now that most of the drama with 4k Vus and 9x0 Dmms is over (thx again to you all), a small note about new yify-fnc in 6.5.

Of course, this is relevant only for those with VPN or users with lenient and more tolerant internet providers.

Yify-fnc is quite complex plugin that can put some strain on the box. In the v6.5 images from 24.2.2020, there is a new version of engine that lies under the hood (well, bonnet:) ). It is still not properly tested, but we do hope it would demand less memory and flash real estate.

If one does experience a slow down of E2 after playing a movie, restart of GUI/E2 should fix it. Internally no drama with that issue, but then again, tested so far on pretty new and powerful boxes.

Hopefully soon available for most boxes."

Also:

"A small tech note about 6.5test images; sometimes (especially after 24.2.2020 dated images) it may **not** be enough to do a simple SW update.

The reason for this inconvenience/annoyance is that actually almost every single byte has changed under the hood and a simple SW update just won't cut it.

Luckily, backup of System Settings is not hard to do.

Thx again to all."

• "Btw, just a note, it seems that dmm 9x0 cannot play certain FHD (1080p) or 4K streams like some other boxes (filmler etc). Nothing to do with us, but inadequate drivers. Sorry. It seems that 720p is max for these boxes."

F*&%ing DMM, if that's the case...

• Official Post

Guys there is an issue that goes back to the 6.3 builds and is still present on latest 6.5 on the duo4k,

it has the wrong keymap.xml in the image as when you press the "timer" button on the remote control you also get pause (timeshift)

I have been overwriting the the pure2 file with the one attached for a long time. (usr-share-enigma2)

On the plus side.... the channel gap issue with autobouquetsmaker has now been resolved..... further testing when time allows over the next few days

TIA

• And this DE should be in our feed, since the one attached actually works, if a little slowly, in deleting files etc.... ;)

Files

• New version for Alien2/STi 7162 - results of my test...

...fixes from the results of the first test included, thanx to Delfi (I think :cool1: )... :thumbup:

amikoalien-PurE2-6.5-20200225_usb.zip

PurE2 image v. 6.5 for testing, flashing procedure and structuring of PurE2 is already detailed above, in the first test, not to have to C&P all that...

Flashing was uneventful, less flickering of the screen, straight forward...

Structuring, mounting devices/partitions, RAM and ROM expansion with Flash Expander and Swap Manager 2 as above, all fine. Results:

7f2e5ac340f9dbad24920a7df.jpg

e571e0.jpg

7f831e9d288c738.jpg

db7185c2b61ad89ab.jpg

84246c12f0e86c4.jpg

So far, so good!!! All flying, no loss of image on TV screen when in WebIF etc. Mounts in Device Manager are OK after reboot etc. etc.

Clean bill of health! It's a miracle, such an old machine and yet...

But now the next phase of testing - with FNC plugins, streaming, Sat TV, playback...

74a0f010.jpg

a104f90360348a.jpg

a715b281b8fd8d11e457bad9e.jpg

4f2cf6022a9b54f1a886.jpg

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Guess what!!!! VPN works!!! And everything through it works!!!!

All are equally slow, it seems, due to an old and weak processor but even with a Croat VPN server - Filmler worked with Full HD 1080!

Iwaatch works! xHamster works... A MIRACLE!!!

I kid you not! Look:

df4ddcd2866f540dab4f3aeb.jpg

047d5e3e.jpg

2037b019404749.jpg

1b15ca5.jpg

The only problem I found so far is with YIFY and Streamlord!

c4a0df182ed532c.jpg

Maybe it's fixable, maybe it isn't - it matters not! This oldie but goldie is still a great box, period!

Hat down to Delfi, Terra and Franc!!!! WOW!!! WHAT A JOB!!!

• I'm using Vu Duo2 box, most of the plugins I need works great on 6.5 test apart from Yify-fnc, I am also getting the following error, I noticed during installation, I got an error message that says 'bitbake' could not be installed, nothing to satisfy............ not a major issue for me as most of the other fnc plugins are working.ebd644c4f14d7619cd.jpg

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!