Smargo Reader

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,225 times. The last Post () by sodex.

• Zgemma H7

OpenViX 5.3.015

I have found that all Oscams that you download with Openvix have:

cardreader_smargo: no

How do I find an Oscam that will run on Openvix and supports Oscam or is it best to change image.

• I have tried both smartreader and mouse. My original oscam.server based on my configuration for my internal reader was

[reader]

label = tntsat

protocol = smartreader

device = /dev/ttyUSB0

caid = 0500

boxkey = 014D902F

deskey = 22D60F37567BAB12F505D8C8C71A22E3

detect = cd

mhz = 450

cardmhz = 2700

ident = 0500:030B00

aeskeys = 0500@030B00:439726EBB6A939A456C05FF6AA606..etc

group = 1

emmcache = 2,1,2,1

disablecrccws = 1

audisabled = 1

I also tried the following modifications

mhz = 357
    cardmhz = 357
    emmcache = 1,3,2

I have also downloaded the usbserial drivers s2-dvb-usb drivers but all I get is "READER DEVICE ERROR" in Oscam Webif.

Based on the link I have now also tried

[reader]

label = mysmargoreader

protocol = smartreader

device = 001:002

aeskey = 0500@030B00:439726EBB6A939A456C05FF6AA606C4 etc [aeskey replaced for that of TNT]

group = 5

caid = 0700

disablecrccws = 1

and

reader]

label = mysmargoreader

protocol = smartreader

device = Serial:Reader 1

detect = cd

mhz = 600

cardmhz = 600

emmcache = 1,3,2

group = 5

services = my_services

aeskeys = 0500@030B00:439726EBB6A939A456C05FF68082F84854242AE etc

disablecrccws = 1

All I get is reader device error

• You can't invent or copy your own devices. You must use one that is identified or assigned on your system under your firmware. It should be detectable by: "Oscam Webif" -> "Readers" -> "Scan USB". It's actually the same as the Shell command lsusb.

There you will find a suitable name to write to oscam.server under "device =".

You can also try disconnecting and reconnecting your external USB card reader and then use this command in Shell:

dmesg | grep -E "serial|Serial|USB"

...to identify the correct name for your device.

Which card reader is yours? Model, brand, type, photo ... ?

• It is an Argolis SmartReader V2 SKU: SMARGOPLUS - see photo. I do not understand what I see with Scan USB" (image 1). It does not even show my hard drive. Telnetting is more interesting (telnet.text)

FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected

[ 9.124445] usb 1-1.1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

[ 107.806846] usb 1-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 3

[ 107.812912] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0

Yesterday when I first installed it I am certain it was working. Today it was not. Am I right in thinking that it disconnected and having disconnected will not reconnect?d3e5d.jpglinuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/136357/

Telnet.txt

• Try the following config:

Code
    [reader]
    label               = my_smargo_1
    protocol            = mouse
    device              = /dev/ttyUSB0
    mhz                 = 600
    cardmhz             = 600

Your USB card reader is identified as the USB device 0403:6001 ( https://usb-ids.gowdy.us/read/UD/0403/6001 ), i.e. bus 001 and device 009, so, you can to try also the following config:

Code
    [reader]
    label               = my_smargo_2
    protocol            = smartreader
    device              = 001:009
    aeskey              = 0102030405060708090a0b0c0d0e0f10
    mhz                 = 600
    cardmhz             = 600
  • Sorry. I cannot advise you on the entitlements (prepaid packages from the provider). This is directly dependent on the encoding type or encoding system used by your provider on the decoding card. Each provider needs different Oscam configuration settings - sending EMM packets to the decoder card must be properly configured and also enabled. Some coding systems cannot decode the ECM unless the algorithm is awakened by an EMM packet.

Unfortunately I am not an expert on DVB technology or an expert in card coding, so I cannot advise you on this. For example, my provider uses the IRDETO card coding system, and every time a decryption card is reset (restarted), the entititlements are lost. Control EMM packets for card refreshment are therefore required. About 10-20 seconds after the softcam restarts (the decryption card restarts), EMMs are received from a satellite stream and sent to the card. Only then the ECM packet decoding (channel decoding) will start to work once the card has already actively paid packages (entititlements).

• Thanks for trying anyway it is much appreciated.

All I know is on my internal reader this works:

[reader]

label = tntsat

protocol = internal

device = /dev/sci0

caid = 0500

boxkey = 014D902F

detect = cd

mhz = 450

cardmhz = 2700

aeskeys = 0500@030B00:439726EBB6A939A456C05FF6AA606C43,F1 ........ad infinitum

group = 1

emmcache = 2,1,2,1

disablecrccws = 1

audisabled = 1

Unfortunately my VU+ Uno died and I had to replace it. STBs with 2 card readers no seem to be exceptionally expensive which is why I am trying card readers.

• Sorry, but this is stupid if it doesn't work. It must work if you replace the set top box and use the same Oscam configuration.

Do you have backed up the original Oscam configuration from the old and dead Vu + set top box? If so, use it and it must work! It doesn't matter which device.

Usually, the built-in internal readers in the set top box are more reliable than external USB readers. These external USB readers are quite difficult to configure (as you can see yourself). An internal reader to set up is easier and faster. Even so-called entities are less problematic in the case of a built-in internal reader - the AU (AutoUpdate) settings or the throughput of the EMMs to the decoder card with the help of a "dvbapi" user is easier to set up. Of course, only if the type of card encoding is supported by UNI-readers, since there are also paired decoder cards that require a CAM CAM paired with the card, and then do not work software (in a UNI-reader, via Softcam).

• As I wrote, it is easier to run the card in an internal UNI reader built into the set top box. Fewer problems arise in configuring EMM packets / AU refreshments than with external USB readers.

First start one and then the other. Do not try both cards at the same time.

Oscam configuration, have you lost from the previous set top box ?

• I can get everything to work in the reader of the STB. However, unless you have enough money to splash out on something like a VU+ Ultimo you will find that receivers nowadays have only one card reader which means you will need an alternative to read a second card.

• Why exactly do you want to buy Vu+ device ? There are many good and cheap Linux set top boxes that include 2x DVB-S2 tuner + 2x UNI reader + 1x CIplus interface for sure too (for CAM modul).

But it doesn't matter. Try it also on a USB card reader. If you do not have functional so-called "entitlements", then AU (Auto Update) is set incorrectly and therefore no EMMs for your decode card are passing.

• 80e83b0d69.jpgI have now got a smargo compliant Oscam and managed to create an oscam.server which shows CARDOK (1 entitlement) - as above

So why if it is apparently working should my screen be black?

Oscam.server:

[reader]

label = tnt

description = my_smargo_1

protocol = smargo

enable = 1

device = /dev/ttyUSB0

caid = 0500

detect = cd

mhz = 534

cardmhz = 357

aeskeys = 0500@030B00:439726EBB6A9 etc etc

group = 1

emmcache = 1,3,2

audisabled = 1

• This is from memory. About 3 years back when I was hunting around for Aeskeys etc I read that once initialised you should disable AU or your card would get fried. I do not how true this is. I do know that TNTsat V6 cards are destroyed within 5 minutes no matter what you do. However I have been running this card for the last 3 years in another receiver with audisabled = 1 withot any problems.

• Unfortunately, I do not know the TNT provider, so I can not even in this case quite accurately advise.

However, AU stands for Auto Update. This is to allow EMM packets to pass through to your decode card. EMMs are management packets. For example, the EMM sets up prepaid packages that your decode card has subscribed to (according to its serial number) and also refreshes the subscription timeout period (entities). So if you turn off the EMM / AU, then your card will be dead. Rather, AU disabled is not to send the EMM unnecessarily to a softcam server remote somewhere on the Internet when the EMM has already been taken care of by the owner of the softcam server.

Here you can read more about it (I mentioned it above):

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en/AU

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!