My VU+ UNO 4K SE doesn't recognize a ci+ common interface module or Nds Videoguard card

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,559 times. The last Post () by drguiom.

• Firstly I am totaly a newbie about open source stbs,cams,cards etc, I have always used either the provider's closed stb or stbs for just FTA channels in the past.

I purchased a Vu+ Uno 4k SE stb a few weeks ago, it came with Openatv 6.4 image. A few days ago I purchased a ci+ cam, Smit Nds Videoguard.It was activated by the seller.When I insert the cam into Vu+'s CI slot and then turn the stb on, it seems it doesn't recognize the ci+ module in any way, when I enter "Common Interface" menu, neither any info is shown about the module nor any option.When I try to watch the channels which it should decrypt, there is just black screen, no matter how much time I wait.

I took the module to an authorized service for the provider and they tried it on a tv, at first the module didn't seem to work there too, then they installed something to it and it worked there.They said that now I should just insert the module into CI slot of my device at home.

I tried it with my vu+ at home but unfortunately nothing changed, it didn't work, still there is no sign of recognition.I tried using force to insert the module too but it doesn't matter how much force I use it still doesn't work(I checked the pins inside the CI slot, none of them is bent).

IWhat may be the problem?I tried installing ciplushelper too(version 4.8) but nothing changed although it said it installed succesfully.(I installed the plugin using DreamOSat panel). Also I think an oscam is installed and active but I am not sure if it may be in relation with the problem in any way.I tried disabling/stopping it too but nothing changes about ci+ module's non-recognition.

• VU+ does not support ci+ cams. However they will work with some images. Have a look in your plugin feeds and see if there is one called something like "ciplus helper", if so download it and reboot the box with the ci+ inside

• Thanks for your answer.I have already tried installing ciplus helper(version 4.8-r0), but nothing changed although installation was succesfull.Also I have tried so many reboots,hard-resets,plugging off every cable/component then reattaching them, but these efforts resulted in no change.

When I insert the cam, nothing happens, the stb behaves like I didn't insert anything.

• Thanks for your answer.

I remembered that I installed a plugin to be able to change root password of the device a few weeks ago, I forgot the plugin's name but it's only aim was to change the root password.I had installed that plugin before buying the ci+ module and had changed the password.I wonder if there is a possibility that that plugin somehow broke something and is now preventing the CI port to recognize the module.

• master G

Added the Label CI+ Module
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “My stb doesn't recognize a ci+ cam/card” to “My VU+ UNO 4K SE doesn't recognize a ci+ common interface module or Nds Videoguard card”.
  • CI+ helper can be temperamental as you will see from Plugin CI+ Helper for OpenATV

I have a Fransat CI+ cam which I got running with a Vti image. With Openvix it does not want to know.

You will also find if you search around that there are horses for courses with some images working better on some boxes than others

Hi, I also want to use the Fransat CI+ CAM. May I ask which hardware you are using and which VTI image? Any other tips to get it going?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!