OpenWebIf for DreamOS

There are 173 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,882 times. The last Post () by Timeshock.

• No because there was a non supported version posted into this thread that you try an install.

Not your fault my friend. I just wanted to inform you why I deleted your post.

I just completely understand you, but how can i install your version? I tried, but no luck. Thanks!

• Official Post

You mist first get ride of the borken version by uninstall it.

Code
    apt-get remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif

Then also with ftp open /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and delete any left overs to be sure all is removed.

Restart Enigm2 (GUI) to complite all.

Now from post nr1 download latest version and install.

Follow the guide in post nr1 to be sure you have an sucessfull installation

• Hi. The plugin is great but it still works.

I suggest adding a dark theme and a black neon theme

Also in the screenshot section, the osd option does not work alone and takes all the screenshots, and this is a problem.

• Official Post

You can choose from lots of Themes in the settings. And I suggest your try the Modern look :smiling face:

Yes the problem with DreamOS is that the old grab file doesn not work with OE 2.6

So there is a simple screengrab binare with no settings.

If you need to make special screenshots like LCD use the standard web interface.

• I just tried your method, but no luck:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif : Depends: python-six (>= 1.14) but 1.12.0-r0.1 is to be installed

E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

• Official Post

Well have your try and run to install the missing dependency files?

Code
    apt-get get install -f
  • Well have your try and run to install the missing dependency files?

Code
    apt-get get install -f

I get that words only:

root@dreambox:~$ apt-get -f install

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Correcting dependencies... Done

The following packages will be REMOVED:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

1 not fully installed or removed.

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

(Reading database ... 17900 files and directories currently installed.)

Removing enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif (1.5.0-git20220302-r3) ...

root@dreambox:~$

• Official Post

You are installing another version then the one I have posted here in this thread.

That is why you have issues.

• Official Post

My version is not build from git so this I must have a look at

Update:

Try now. Version is 1.4.9a

• @ seagan: how can I be sure that the former version I've installed is really removed before I will install your version 1.4.9.a?

I tried to install "enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif_1.5.2-git20220819-r10_all.deb" but I got the same message mentioned in post #72

I used telnet to find out where it is but there were not find any OpenWebif (see attachment)

Thank you

Wolf

• Official Post

Just do an proper uninstall either from the software manager or by Telnet command:

Code
    apt-get remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif

The do a full reboot and all should work fine

• If you're still around...

I tried installing this on Dream-Elite 6.0 (I know I know but it really is most stable...) and I get an error about missing package python-unixadmin.

I can't find that package or any info about it anywhere is there anything I can do or have I done something wrong that can be corrected ?

• Official Post

When installing with dpkg you should always use this command so all dependency packages are installed automatic

In your case just run the last apt-get command to fix it

Code
    dpkg -i /tmp/*.deb && apt-get install -f
  • When installing with dpkg you should always use this command so all dependency packages are installed automatic

In your case just run the last apt-get command to fix it

Code
    dpkg -i /tmp/*.deb && apt-get install -f

Exact same thing

• Thanks for that after installing python-unixadmin Openwebif appeared to install normally however when accessing the webif at port 90 I am getting a traceback page:

exceptions.UnboundLocalError: local variable 'terminal_key' referenced before assignment

Any idea what that might be about ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!