Help setting up standard Ku lnb in OpenATV 6.3

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 626 times. The last Post () by lonigan257.

• So I've just gotten a Geosat pro S1PLL LNBF.
    In OpenATV 6.3 there are no specific choices for a standard linear Ku LNBF. It's a linear unit not circular. That's what we use here in the US.
    Trying to sort out which setting to use. I'm thinking I need to choose User Defined and insert LOF/L and LOF/H.
    Not too sure on the other settings.
    Not sure of the voltage mode. Polarization?
    Threshold. Not so sure.
    Tone mode. They don't use 22KHz right?

If someone could pipe in also.
    It will be put beside a C Band scalar on a 12 foot dish. I see people doing it and they say it works well.
    What I'm not sure of (haven't got LNB settings figured out to do a signal search and alignment) is if C-Band polarization and Ku polarization work the same.
    Ex: Is vertical and horizontal the same on a Ku linear as is on a C band LNBF. Or are they possibly inverted?
    Reason being the photos I've seen make it appear that the Ku LNBF is 90 degrees shifted from the C Band LNBF. Possible or not?
    Also the receiver won't know if an LNB is circular or linear right? Thinking that people insert a dielectric into the throat of LNBs and don't really have to change receiver settings. Yes or no?

RF Input: 11.7-12.2
    L.O. Freq.: 10750
    IF Out: 950-1450MHz

Pretty confident that if the setting are put into the receiver I can start seeking a signal.
    People say that even though the unit is for an offset dish it should work just fine on a prime focus dish like mine.

Anybody?

• I have been using an old Chapparal C/KU combo feedhorn with different receivers over the years and it has worked well. I have used it on an 8 ft dish and now a 10 ft dish. The LNBs are mounted 180 degrees from each other and offset about 45 degrees from the mount's polar axis. I use frequencies of 5150 for C Band and 10750 for Ku standard LNB. Polarity is controlled by a little servo box mounted at the box of the feedhorn. It is the same for both bands. I believe here in North America the only circular signals are the pay tv providers, all FTA works fine with linear. The dielectric is used for some dishes that don't have the correct ratio for the feedhorn. Voltage mode I set to auto or to 13/18, either seems to work the same. No need for tone mode, I think it is for switches.

I did try mounting a Ku LNBF alongside the C Band but couldn't get it to work. It must because a few years about, some vendors were selling a scalar ring the would mount them together. Hope this helps!

Octagon SF8008 :dish:

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!