Remote Control not responding on Octagon SF8008

There are 29 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,973 times. The last Post () by JDavid22.

• Guys, this is a problem in low-quality components of the LED display and the control chip on the front panel of the receiver - I solved this problem with the replacement of the ET6226M chip, but the bleating resumed for a long time. The receiver, after switching on, lived its own life, channels spontaneously turned on, I can go to the recovery menu myself - although even the batteries were removed from the remote control. .IT IS NECESSARY TO CHANGE BOTH THE CHIP AND THE LED DISPLAY IN PAIRS TO OBVIOUSLY NEW OR SERVICEABLE ONES .

If you do not have these spare parts, a quick quick exit to restore the receiver's operation - in general, what I have done so far is to raise the 10pin U1 Vcc power supply-the display, LED and power button on the front panel of the receiver do not work... BUT the receiver ITSELF is controlled from the remote control and is fully functional.

there is no exact circuit for this receiver, I did not find a typical circuit, that's what I did.

https://archive.espec.ws/files/ET6226.pdf

• It is an old bug of these boxes that the front display can get damaged after some time. It's been common knowledge for years.

The new part/complet display set costs around €30 and you can find it, for example, at Satking DE, Digital Sat Online whether Idealo AT and other websites.

The replacement is simple and you can calmly use your device again.

At the beginning of next year, the release of a new version of this box with the name - SUPREME is announced. where should be the new Dual WIFI, extended options for installing the internal disk, changed Tuner and other "minor" changes. And of course we mustn't forget about the PRICE change, without it it wouldn't be possible. :winking face:

• I had a problem with remote control not working yesterday. I changed the Enigma 2 on the image I was using because I thought it was corrupted, tried to get another image selected. Nothing worked. Turned box on and off at the mains switch a few times which fully rebooted each time, then noticed on front display it said upd or something like that. I am guessing it is for the operating system before the image loaded. Everything was fine afterwards. I hope this is your problem like it was for me.

• Yes, I agree with you that not everyone will be able to solder these two "one-dollar" spare parts on their own without skills, each user has the right to decide for himself what to do in this situation to give a third of the cost of the receiver for the front panel either independently or with the help of a friend replace these two parts. Let the 8008 users choose who needs what according to their wallet and skills

• A few days ago, I bought an Octagon SF8008, I had problems using the remote control, I was about to return it under warranty, but I took the risk, I opened it (I lost the warranty) I broke the seal and re-adjusted the flat cable of the front panel and that was it! This was the problem, that flat cable was a little loose, today I have my equipment working great, it is an excellent equipment.octagon.jpg

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!