Question about IPTV on the H7S - stbemu

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,113 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi all,

Hope someone here can point me in the right direction. I currently have a very reliable iptv provider who provides the service through stbemu. i.e He clears the mac of the stbemu app and away I go. My question is if I was to buy a H7S is there any app I could use instead of stbemu that the provider wouldn't mind me using? I know I could ask him but I thought you guys here would be more knowledgable on my options and these things.

• Fresh Pots

Changed the title of the thread from “Question about IPTV - STBEMU” to “Question about IPTV on the H7S - stbemu”.
  • Iv'e never actually tried it just installed the plugin to show you :) if your provider has catchup then I don't see how it wont work.

I have just ran it after changing MAC Address seems to be working ok took me a wee while to find out how to exit out of it you need to press the power button on remote and it goes back to normal what ever you were watching before you ran it. My iptv catchup did not work .

• H7 has Ministra support, too!

2496ef139.png

All of those are emulations, though... ;)

So, you can change your MAC in more ways than one...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Could you let me know what exactly it's used for? Roughly how it's set up? I've looked at Google but still not quite sure.

Sorry to go off topic but one other stalker plugin related question. Is the stalker plugin available for the edision os3+ ?

Thanks for the advice so far. I'd be lost without forums like this.

• Would this plugin theoretically allow you use one IPTV sub on two boxes just as long as they aren't used at the same time? Only worry I'd have is that the IPTV provider would spot something unusual and block it?

• You can copy/clone/change the MAC address in your network settings, either way...

But 2 different physical IP addresses.... dunno...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Would this plugin theoretically allow you use one IPTV sub on two boxes just as long as they aren't used at the same time? Only worry I'd have is that the IPTV provider would spot something unusual and block it?

To use this plugin you need to have a registered MAC: address with your IPTV provider and some providers only allow a mac: based sub seperatley Mac:based sub were originally use for MAG Boxes and then Stb Emu was made for android you could put your mac into that to use on android boxes.

So even to use this plugin you would need to contact your iptv provider and register a mac address some won't allow they will say you ned seperate account for mac based.

You can run same iptv provider apps on more than one machine as long as they are not on at the same time. What you cannot do with some providers is run from different ip addresses some are locked to your internet service provider.

• In E2 these are emulations.

They are for Arm devices but they are not the same...

The best written one is the H7 (Broadcom), as it also has Ministra. HiSilicon ones do not have it.

• I have it registered on an android box already but would be handy to be able to put it on he satellite box. That way I could put the android box in the bedroom. They should never be in use at the same time and as in the same house would be under the same IP.

• That's why we have these emulators on our STBs.

Remember to use VPN on them...

(Ministra gives you a specific MAC format, btw.)

• Kick 'im where it hurts... ;)

• 'Till you start getting love letters from various orgs.... ;)

Then, I deployed a VPN and peace... :)

If he is forcing you not to use a VPN he is harming both of you. The opposite should be done, for both your sakes, I think... From experience...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!