Crossepg crashes when I try to run it

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,583 times. The last Post () by FlexMcMurphy.

• Hello,

My setup:

Zgemma H7S

OpenATV 6.4 Build: 20200607

Metrix HD default skin

Crossepg 0.8.7+gitr497

My Problem:

I go to the plugin feeds in OpenATV 6.4 and install the systemplugin: cross epg 0.8.7+gitr497. Crossepg seems to install but crashes when I go to run the plugin. Here is the error log: enigma2_crash_1592008860.log

I have since got it working on OpenATV 6.4 on my ZGemma H7s by copying these folders from a friends OpenATV 6.4 backup image:

/usr/crossepg

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/crossepg

But why does crossepg 0.8.7 crash on me when I try to run it after downloading it from the OpenATV plugin feeds?

Cheers,

Flex

• Official Post

It is crashing here

Code
    [ActionMap] Keymap 'WizardActions' -> Unknown action 'ok'! (Typo in keymap?)
    [ActionMap] Keymap 'OkCancelActions' -> Action = 'ok'.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 77, in action
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 57, in action
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 148, in okbuttonClick
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/BoundFunction.py", line 9, in __call__
    File "/home/oe1/atv64arm/build-enviroment/builds/openatv/release/h7/tmp/work/h7-oe-linux-gnueabi/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg/0.8.7+gitrAUTOINC+14d2184d93-r0/git/src/enigma2/python/crossepg_main.py", line 86, in setup
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lock'
    [ E ] python/python.cpp:210 call [ePyObject] (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0xac8e8c38>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)

That line has not changed for a while

• Well I have been at this for a few days now and have ried lots of things...

Crossepg downloads and installs fine in openvix-5.3.034.release-zgemmah7_usb

I tried installing OpenATV 6.3 and also 6.4 from scratch then installing crossepg 0.8.7 from the plugin feeds. Each time crossepg crashes when I go into Setup > EPG > CrossEPG.

I also tried installing these versions on OpenATV but they also didn't work:

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.8.6-20180927_all.ipk

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2_OE2-r2_all.ipk

When I was originally setting up my ZGemma H7S it crashed on me when I was installing an image into the slot2 partition. I ended up flashing openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-20200607_recovery_emmc.zip using a USB key in the back of the box. Then everything was working fine again. Would this have corrupted something in the Linux filesystem of my ZGemma? Should I do a fresh hardware/software reset of the whole box and start again with a fresh OpenATV image? Do you now how to do that?

A friend of mine has the same set up as me and crossepg 0.8.7 does install from the feeds and run fine for him under OpenATV 6.4 so there must be something wrong with my box I think.

And help much appreciated.

Flex

• Some else had a similar problem reported here but they never actually found a fix. I read another post in which someone had a similar problem which turned out to be with skin.xml on theirs but I haven't changed anything on my OpenATV skin. I just use the default Metrix HD skin.

Flex

• Official Post

Your box is not getting a signal lock. Notwithaatnding this, box should not crash in such a case. That thread is 3 years old, and the file has not changed in 6 years.

It is very hard to decipher what state you are in at the moment. I suggest you flash the OpenATV image in the same slot. Do not restore anything after it restarts.Do not "bling your image" until you get the basics working. Stick to the plugin on the server. Do not add other variables into the mix for now.

As an aside, can you check all tuners that you can receive 11778 vertical on 28.2. Use signal finder in Reception menu.

• That was it Abu.

I wasn't restarting the Zgemma after installing the CrossEPG plugin. I tried installing crossepg again from the plugin feeds. After it installed I immediately restarted the Zgemma and now CrossEPG works when I try to run it.

Thanks so much for your help!

Flex

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!