Does CrossEPG work on Pure E2 running on ZGemma H7S?

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,529 times. The last Post () by FlexMcMurphy.

• Hello,

My setup:

ZGemma H7S

Pur E2 Image version: zgemmah7-PurE2-6.5-20200611_usb

Crossepg downloaded from plugin feeds: 0.8.7+gitr501

Default Estuary skin (also tried PLI FullHD skin)

When I download crossepg from the plugin feeds to my zgemma h7s running Pur E2 it doesn't appear in the Plugins or EPG menus. Even after rebooting still no sign of it. If I go to Remove Plugins it shows up there as a plugin that can be removed. /usr/crossepg is created but /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/crossepg is not.

Does CrossEPG work on Pure E2 running on a ZGemma H7s?

Cheers,

Flex

• I gave it up long ago...

See my reasons here: EPG for channels which do not have it from channels which do have it?

Good luck, either way, as both are not really properly supported, so.... hold on to your hair... if you have any left...:laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• It's not. I agree with you that it is better or at least less buggy than CrossEPG but...

It depends on the input from the guys pulling EPG from various links and populating various packages...

Alas, none of them are accurate, they are frequently misleading...

The worst part is, it's a struggle, thanx to E2 code: the last one to pull - wins...

It's a headache, either way... Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't, quite frankly... so I gave up...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• I am looking for EPG data for the Free to Air channels on Astra 28.2E. I normally use the OpenTV provider in Crossepg and find it always gives more complete EPG data than XMLTV sources such as RyTec etc.. In my situation I just use crossepg to get the epg data from the satellite transponder so no messing around with downloading scripts and other things from the internet hence in my particular case crossepg is exactly what I need and is better than any alternative I know of.

Why is CrossEPG in the Pur E2 Plugin feeds if it doesn't work on it? Did you ever manage to get it to install and run in Pur E2 Gorski?

Cheers,

Flex

• Yes. You messed it up somehow, I don't know...

But as I said above... it leaves me stone cold, since my needs are a bit more complex...:(

My family speaks some 5-6 languages, ergo... it's complicated...

EPG Import has various sources, you know... It is less buggy, unobtrusive... Try and see... ;)

• Unfortunately I am on a mission. I am only interested in crossepg. I don't care if it was not very useful for you or others when you last tried it either. I just want to know can the version currently in the Pur E2 plugin feeds (crossepg 0.8.7) install and run on Pur E2. Can you help me find out?

Cheers,

Flex

• You can do that, I believe in you... Redo it all and be careful next time.

I told you it works...

It sounds a bit "bad" you not caring about me, when I so obviously care about you....:crying:(:tongue1::sinner:)

• Eeeeehhhh... you might be onto something here, Flex, sorry...

I just lost Sources in EPG Import... so there's no starting it...

Tried CrossEPG (again, against my better judgement, as I don't want a headache, yet again....) and it won't start... So, no surprise there, in a way but at least it should download EPG and then... who knows... But OK, this is no good...

I did ask my coders about it... so we must wait and see...

Sorry, it seems a bit odd... I used to have sources in EPG Import - always... Especially nowadays, they have many... But...

Hmmm...

• Hi Abu,

I never understood how the EPG reader works in OpenATV/OpenVix and Pur E2 images. I had another look there in this Pur E2 image I'm playing with now and saw your post over on techkings.

I enabled the OpenTV EPG in the Pur E2 EPG settings then switched to the IEPG data 1 channel and after a minute or so I have a full seven day epg on all my Astra 28.2 channels. So the built in EPG reader combined with EPG Refresh will actually work in the same way I was using crossepg. Really awesome.

Thanks a lot Abu !

Flex

• I just lost Sources in EPG Import... so there's no starting it...

Tried CrossEPG (again, against my better judgement, as I don't want a headache, yet again....) and it won't start... So, no surprise there, in a way but at least it should download EPG and then... who knows... But OK, this is no good...

I did ask my coders about it... so we must wait and see...

No worries Gorski. Well maybe there is a common problem with EPG Import and CrossEPG not running on Pur E2. Will be interesting to hear what the coders have to say.

In my case I have a very simple EPG need so I never had to deal with crossepg headaches.. as long as crossepg runs it seems to get the epg data I need from that one satellite transponder. And now Abu explained another way I can get that epg from the same satellite transponder source so I'll probably just switch to the built in OpenTV reader anyway.

Still I hope the Pur E2 developers get Picture in Graphics working. Having the TV screen in the EPG gives a wow effect and when it's missing you notice it.. apart from that enigma2 images are just screens and screens of menus. I think the estuary skin is so much better looking than any other enigma2 image. So I would say it's important to get that feature working to recruit and retain a Pur E2 user base.

Cheers,

Flex

• Bah, in Setup > EPG section is the special CrossEPG settings, not in Plugins, silly Billy me... I forgot that...

After I chose each provider and configured it all carefully yet again... I am downloading EPG via Xross...

• Not interested in PiG for Estuary, I'm afraid... You have PiG in the main MENU, in one of 5-6 general options for Estuary but not in everything...

You need to change the skin to get it, sorry.

CrossEPG is overbearingly humongous...

Stops everything, while it is downloading and parsing and washing the dishes and giving me a massage... Duh! It never stops...

• OK, just for you, yet again, from scratch, my darn headache, CrossEPG tutorial... for those who do not know...

First see my Sticky as to how to mount devices/partitions and what to send where in PurE2!!!

Then, press MENU on your RCU > Plugins > green button > System Addons >install CrossEPG 0.8.7 and restart PurE2.

MENU > Setup > System > EPG > EPG Settings:

090b9593dee19e2c94560.png

72fe139aea79559efdd8d.png

EXIT > CrossEPG:

be8d0e9074c817ec4a.png

22c972d48.png

Configure as per your needs...

fe99604fdd8.png

...up and down... try not to double up, experiment which sources are better for you...

135cb98ea86b.png

faea27cb095.png

> SAVE > DOWNLOAD NOW > wait...

Result:

a5fa72eb6eedc020d164bd7.png

beac48dae.png

If you want to download EPG at another time then MENU > Plugins > EPG Downloader > OK and wait...

• Not sure if that was for my benefit gorski?

As mentioned in my first post I know how to install and use crossepg. I have done so recently on OpenATV and OpenVix. The problem is that when I install it from the Pur E2 systemplugin feed it doesn't seem to install properly and I don't get any menu entries for it anywhere in Pur E2. I see the /usr/crossepg folder but no /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/crossepg folder.

So I'm wondering is there something maybe wrong with crossepg 0.8.7+gitr501 in the systemplugin feed? I dare you to uninstall your crossepg plugin and try to re-install it from the feeds again. Can you mention that to the developers please?

Thanks,

Flex

• In that case it is for your benefit, too - since as I just did it from scratch...

• H9 Twin, PurE2 6.5 latest, didn't have Cross in but EPG Import.

Did you have the Cross settings as I set them up?

• H9 Twin, PurE2 6.5 latest, didn't have Cross in but EPG Import.

Did you have the Cross settings as I set them up?

??

No I didn't have the crossepg settings as you set them up. Wanna know why Gorski?

Because as I mentioned already in posts 1 and 16 of this thread.... whenever I try to install crossepg 0.8.7 from the Pur E2 plugins feeds it won't install properly for me and it is nowhere to be found in the Pur E2 menus on my Zgemma h7s. Do you understand me? Because I don't think you are following me at all :)

Of course you don't have to do this but I was wondering if you would try uninstalling crossepg on your Pur E2 image and then try to install it again from the plugins feed? The reason I'm asking this (for the second time) is because that might help me test if there is something wrong with the crossepg version that is in the Pur E2 feeds or is it something wrong at my end why it won't install for me.

Cheers,

Flex

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!