Does CrossEPG work on Pure E2 running on ZGemma H7S?

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,525 times. The last Post () by FlexMcMurphy.

• OK, one more time... just for you...

This time I did my H7 from scratch with latest PurE2 6.5... H9 was fine but H7....

I confirm your findings, that in H7 CrossEPG for some reason does not appear in either plugins or EPG/System Apps...

I also found it in usr/crossepg folder...

'Will inform the coders...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thanx to abu baniaz and co. - sources for EPG Import are here (thanx FrancHR for pointing it out):

https://github.com/oe-alliance…t-rytec/rytec.sources.xml

I created the xml file and put it in: /etc/epgimport

I am attaching it to this message, just in case...

P.S. EPG Import seems better, it pulls more channels, more methodical - but it's as imprecise as ever, from a quick inspection...

Not Abu's mistake by any means but sources from which the EPG is pulled always were and I can see they still are quite a bit... "off"...

Here is an example, RTS3 giving a concert by Electric Orgasm and the EPG is "Home schooling for 8th graders - chemistry"...

b8f311f2f477fffb.png

Well, Electric Orgasm do have really good chemistry but still...:laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::mosking:

Files

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• I confirm your findings, that in H7 CrossEPG for some reason does not appear in either plugins or EPG/System Apps...

I also found it in usr/crossepg folder...

'Will inform the coders...

Thanks for confirming that Gorski. I tried the zgemmah7-PurE2-6.2-20191029_usb image on my ZGemma H7s. Crossepg 0.8.6+gitr487 was in the plugin feeds (not the 0.8.7 version) and it did install and run fine. So something has changed in the newest Pur E2 image built for the H7s that is breaking crossepg it seems.

Flex

• Yes, instead of System Plugins, in PurE2 6.5 it's installed to usr/crossepg... and not seen in the PurE2 MENUs, hence unusable...

And if one attempts to move it from there to somewhere else - nope... it disappears...

BUT!! I have a solution!!!! :) Or I wouldn't be me...:laugh1:

Install it, then FTP to your STB and take it out from /usr folder, i.e. move it to your PC.

Then, return it to your STB via FTP to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG folder and RESTART PurE2.

Go to System > EPG > CrossEPG Settings (as I demonstrated above) and set it up according to your needs...

Download EPG and there you are... it works! :)

• That was a good idea Gorski and I can confirm it does work.

I had crossepg 0.8.6 working on Pur E2 6.2.

I made a backup of these folders from the Pur E2 6.2 image:

/usr/crossepg

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/crossepg

Then I copied them into those same locations on the Pur E2 6.5 image and rebooted the box.

Now crossepg 0.8.6 is working for me on Pur E2 6.5 image.

Cheers,

Flex

• ...but I lost sources/providers in mine... :(

Post it here, please... We'll compare notes... ;)

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!