OSCam and router with VPN

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,248 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hello,

I have OSCam installed on VU+Solo2 which is connected to a DD-WRT router. When VPN connection on router (OpenVPN protocol) is activated, OSCam partners/users can not connect to my local card. It seems that usual port forwarding is not working through VPN connection.

Any idea what settings are necessary for a router with VPN connection so that I could still use Oscam? I need VPN for other devices so I can't use OpenVPN directly on VU+Solo2. Thank you!

• Unfortunately most of VPN services (like Express, Nord) do not offer port forwarding.

Are there any other settings for the router I can use for Oscam to work through VPN?

I saw there are some plugins like OpenVPN or NordVPN-Connector for Emigma2 receivers. None of this plugins could be used simultaneous with Oscam?

• I used airvpn for a few years and found them very good. They also provided for port forwarding.

You could route your devices you need a vpn for, through your current vpn and leave your solo2 / oscam connected as normal to the internet (if you trust your current peers that is)

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!