Trying to flash Zgemma H7s problem

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,834 times. The last Post () by Neofita sat.

• I have downloaded the latest OPENATV 6,4 image, unzipped it and put the zgemma folder onto a freshly formatted 8Gb USB stick. I switched off the box via white button on rear. I inserted the USB stick into usb socket (tried all 3), dropped the front panel and kept the little silver button at top left pressed and pushed the white button on rear. It starts with BOOT, then FLASH appears and very rapidly disappears before I can release the silver button and BOOT shows again. The word FLASH shows for such a short time (fraction of a second). I tried several times to flash the box without success. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

• Hi cageyone you are putting a recovery then you can follow here openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-backup-data_ora_recovery_emmc.

The friend bm182 also uses the dec zgemma h7s, and saraceno also answer you with pleasure, Hello

Ciao cageyone stai mettendo un recovery allora puoi seguire qui openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-backup-data_ora_recovery_emmc.

L'amico bm182utilizza anche lui il dec zgemma h7s,

ed anche Saraceno ti rispondono con piacere :Ciao

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • I'm having the same problem on my H7c, open pli is on it at the moment, i can't get any image on it with any usb i try, the same as cageyone, the word flash only appears in a flash and then gone, any ideas what to do as i'm not keen on open pli.

• Flashing the Receiver.
    1) Power off the receiver
    2) Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver while flashing.
    3) Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver, rear USB port is advised if possible.
    4) Power the receiver on.
    5) Immediately after powering on PRESS AND HOLD the front power button BEHIND FRONT FLAP until ‘flashing..’ appears on front display.
    6) If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
    7) Remove USB stick that contains the images files.

Firstly make sure you are using the correct image for your box.

In your case.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/nightly/

http://images.mynonpublic.com/…y/index.php?open=zgemmah7

Enigma2 boxes can be funny with USB sticks.

Do a full fat32 format on it. Not a quick format. Takes some time, but can be better

Use a high quality branded USB stick where possible.

Clean your usb port. Cotton bud/ q tip with a tiny tiny bit of moisture.

Give the usb port a good blow.

Older zgemmas used to have a 120mb flash limit. I do not know if h7s has similiar issues.

Sometimes latest openatv 6.4 images are larger than 120mb.

Therefore one trick you can try is to download openatv 6.3 img, then do an over the air flash to openatv 6.4

If openatv 6.4 is still failing here is a link to openatv 6.3

http://images.mynonpublic.com/…3/index.php?open=zgemmah7

You can also try adding a "force" file to the H7 folder

in the H7 folder create a blank file called force (no extension)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• You have 2 different formats and different procedures, accordingly:

1) Recovery

2) USB

1) If you want to delete everything on your receiver's flash and repartition it - use RECOVERY files.

2) If you just want to flash an image into one of 4 existing partitions and retain the previously installed images - use USB file.

Read my STICKY in this section, to understand the difference better. :)

All the details are there...

P.S. Plus in PurE2 section, if you wanna try PurE2, also... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I have downloaded the latest OPENATV 6,4 image, unzipped it and put the zgemma folder onto a freshly formatted 8Gb USB stick. I switched off the box via white button on rear. I inserted the USB stick into usb socket (tried all 3), dropped the front panel and kept the little silver button at top left pressed and pushed the white button on rear. It starts with BOOT, then FLASH appears and very rapidly disappears before I can release the silver button and BOOT shows again. The word FLASH shows for such a short time (fraction of a second). I tried several times to flash the box without success. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

put openATV 6.4 "ZIPPED" in pendrive, insert pendrive in usb of zgemma and go in flash online - > downloaded images... then choise partition to flash it

Edited 2 times, last by serialbug ().

• Is there is a big problem somehow with this (I mean, the procedure is PRECISE/COMPREHENSIVE!!!):
    Flash your Zgemma H7x using RECOVERY and/or USB files ?!?

Brand new Recovery file will repartition your Flash AND install an image on the first partition:

zgemmah7-PurE2-6.5-20201013_recovery_emmc.zip

And then, later on, you can put in more "normal" images in the 3 empty partitions...

Alternatively, we have a 2 partitions only image:

A unique PurE2 image for Zgemma H7 with only 2 partitions!

Enjoy!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• The problem is I can't get the box to enter Flash mode. The usual of pressing the standby button while power up just doesn't work.

For a very brief moment the display changes from boot and then back to boot.

Looking around some of the forums it appears to be a known problem with the H7s. It would appear there is a problem with the underlying firmware not correctly interpreting the button sequence.

So far as I know that isn't another way of forcing the boot process to go to flash, unless anyone knows any different

• In the folder you put on your box is there a file named noforce if there is, name it force and try again

the box then starts from deep standby

box then flashes by itself without pressing a button, please try it

• The problem is I can't get the box to enter Flash mode. The usual of pressing the standby button while power up just doesn't work.

For a very brief moment the display changes from boot and then back to boot.

Looking around some of the forums it appears to be a known problem with the H7s. It would appear there is a problem with the underlying firmware not correctly interpreting the button sequence.

So far as I know that isn't another way of forcing the boot process to go to flash, unless anyone knows any different

You did not read my tutorial! Willo3092 made it obvious...

Read CAREFULLY and do CAREFULLY as you read!

There is nothing wrong with H7...

• Having the same issue with zgemma H7S . There is only one button in front side opening the front flap and is the standby button. If i'm wrong please correct me. Thanks

Open the flap..there is a very small button top left corner next to the slot...this is what you hold in order to do a flash...

• Dear maxjam . I Know that button ( the only one in the front panel at the top left corner next to the slot). Tried with 3 different USB drives low level formatted with two programms ( HP USB disk storage format tool V2.1.8 and Hdd low level format tool 4.40) with no luck. Unfortunately I could not understand "force" "noforce" and where to look for that state. I finally managed to flash the receiver by putting with FTP three files in /var/volatile/tmp folder of Zgemma.

• Dear maxjam . I Know that button ( the only one in the front panel at the top left corner next to the slot). Tried with 3 different USB drives low level formatted with two programms ( HP USB disk storage format tool V2.1.8 and Hdd low level format tool 4.40) with no luck. Unfortunately I could not understand "force" "noforce" and where to look for that state. I finally managed to flash the receiver by putting with FTP three files in /var/volatile/tmp folder of Zgemma.

Can you explain how you solved the problem?

• Hello @ibbnog...after doing another recent upgrade a further image update had been widely reported as causing problems for other users so I decided to use a recovery emmc image for a clean flash then image version 6.3 followed by image version 6.5 from 23/03/21...I haven't done any further upgrades as everything is running smoothly at the moment...@jenseneverest has stated he hasn't done an upgrade since I believe ?. last year...regards

• Hello @ibbnog...after doing another recent upgrade a further image update had been widely reported as causing problems for other users so I decided to use a recovery emmc image for a clean flash then image version 6.3 followed by image version 6.5 from 23/03/21...I haven't done any further upgrades as everything is running smoothly at the moment...@jenseneverest has stated he hasn't done an upgrade since I believe ?. last year...regards

it doesnt seem to resolve my h7c, it hasnt booted once since i bought it and i tried any method of flashing but still goes on BOOT indefinitely

Edited once, last by ibbnog: pronounciation ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!