Bad sector problem

There are 39 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,251 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• i notice that the capacitors at the power supply of the board are a little bit swollen.

Could that be the problem the box is not booting?

• @teak-won-do as you said i usr original pli image to remove bad sector error via default bootloader webif upgrade and now my box goes to "NO CA FOUND" error and when i connect box with any serial application to fix NO CA FOUND error like optiflasher, NCF or dream-up the box just connect and shown DM800 connected and now all over after a while a additional error " Wrong Boot Response!" and thats it. stuck.. please help what can i do now. guide me step by step which dreamup version or any other app version now get me out from this situation?

• You flashed the wrong image for your Sim card,

First of all check your Sim in the box, then use JapharFlasher with correct cable (RS232 if DM800HDpvr, or USB if newer box) to fash again the correct bootloader for your Sim card. And your box will then reboot nicely.

But remember to flash ONLY images for your box sim card... if you want to flash Sim2 2.01, Sim2 2.10, Sim 1.0, Sim Ferrari and Sim Japhar images, think about buying a Japhar Sim, that is the only one capable of running all these hundreds of images for all these sims (as the Japhar is a Multi-sim capable... instead of others that will accept only "their" compatible images).

Emo

• Edited 2 times, last by sagher ().

• after using NCF i got this ..

Power ON DB Device [ESC to Abort]

Operation Started at: 7:16:43 pm

-NO CONFIGURATION DATA PRESENT

-Error01: NO CA FOUND Detected!

Wrong Boot Response!

what can i do now

• Use Japharflasher and activate the "bad sector recovery"

read post #25 and post #27

and use right image and right bootloader

• OK I see it's activated (BSR) on the DreamUp/JapharFlasher. But I don't think in this mode that you will see the fix messages.

But in facts it's better to use the BIOS option (select it there) and save settings once. Then upload thru the web interface the FULL image of 55 Mb (not only a small file). This will really show you the real status of the Flash memory.

Once the BSR will be done, reflash again the image to see if it fits the Flash available.

Emo

• Ok today evening i use telnet Bios option to enable recovery option and use webif to upgrade firmware and share the results.

if you have any picture tutorial for this operation kindly share .

• i have ferrari with error and ca not found because flashed with DM800-SSL88F+cavallino and now stack in error no luck with all software repair some one can help thanks

This image works with the box upgraded to Japhar Sim, as Ferrari Sim is not capable of using Kernel 3.2

You will need to replace your Ferrari sim with Japhar Sim

TS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!