Zgemma H9S Lost all my satellites and channels except for Hotbird 13.0 East ??

There are 93 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,265 times. The last Post () by xtaaa.

• Official Post

trying to do a back up just in case before i do anything else but went into tutorial and menu is not the same all i can find is auto back up

The problem is you do not really know how to use any of the firmware, Pure2 has a lot of setup guides and info on the forum, and for that reason i would suggest you flash the box with pure2 and use the guides already on here, with thanks to gorski

It is also dead easy to use and setup.

PurE2 general flashing/setup tutorial...

Flashing, backup and restore settings on Zgemma H9 series

• I have Just reflashed My Zgemma HS9 with new Openpli Image 7.3

Set tuner to Usuals for Positioner entered correct Long and Lat and still only finds channels on where motor is stuck on which is 16 East

Tried Hotbired finds Nothing

• **Urgent Update**

Just been up the step ladder and double checked now motor is showing no lights at all no green or red lights WTH

I know for a Fact that New satellite cable is all okay and f connectors all tight etc

What Now ?

• Call a professional. If you are in London I can help with a proper pro. ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Call a professional. If you are in London I can help with a proper pro. ;)

Thanks for the offer but will give it another go tomorrow.

I have been trying to sort this out for 3 hours now just given up.

this is what i did -

Bought the new motor arrive this lunchtime, put it all together.

Took my complete dish and old motor down.

Checked that existing pole was spot on and totally level.

I mounted H Bracket to Motor and set it to my Latitude.

mounted Dish to the Arm

Mounted Dish and motor to the Pole Loosley.

Tried to Tune in a 0.8 west Channel It moves the motor that is but get signal for about a second then it disappears

• Dud LNB?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Dud LNB?

No, Lnb No more than a year old, at begining of this thread i said i was still getting just the one satellite position with good signal on all channels left on 16 east.

New motor moves just cant get o.8 west so i can set up arc for rest of satellites as before use to be able to get 42 east to 30 west

• I have new motor assembled with original dish etc.

Pole its all on is level and spot on Latitude is correct for where i am

I used signal Finder in Openpli Image on Zgemma H9S when opened up signal finder menu its already on 16 east

so i then move to 0.8 west which it does Lock comes up in green i get signal strength and other pop up for about a second or two and then disappears

WTH lol

• Official Post

motor needs moving east or west.

Normally the motor is zero'd when new, so it points to due south (not magnetic south)

Start over - work methodically.

The motor should be set to your latitude location as per its user manual

If it is the dark motor, use the manual button's on it to zero it again.

Ensure satellite dish mount to the motor, and the motor itself are all pointing directly due south.

The dish to motor mount, should not need to be moved left/right (east or west) again.

The only adjustments now required should be the motor to pole mount ( for left /right) and sat dish elevation ( for up/down)

Use the zgemma to drive to a channel on 0.8w (the motor should only move very little if it is pointing due south and previously zero'd)

Then remove the cable to the motor to ensure it dose not move any more.

Use only the LNB and cable straight to receiver to setup for now.

Get the best possible signal on 0.8w checking various channels (both vertical and horizontal TP's) by adjusting as described above.

Once happy with 0.8w signal, power off zgemma and then reattach motor / lnb in the normal way.

Select a channel on 30w

Motor should move right if you are standing behind it.

If you do not have signal there, try tweaking the MOTORS elevation up/down...(you should not need to adjust east or west now)

Then try 0.8w again - you may have to tweak DISH elevation now......

Back to 30 west to recheck there.....

You get the idea, it should be small tweaks to get a happy balance.

if good then move on to trying 42east sat

Tweak motor / sat dish on all 3 sats for the best possible signal.

I do it that order because for me 0.8w and 30w are better signal than on 42e, my usals dish is only 80cm.

I also use a signal finder app on my phone that beeps and displays signal quality directly from the e2 box - there is a slight time delay so tweak slowly....

I forget its name, but is in the play store if on android....sorry no idea for apple phones

Good luck

• I positioned dish motor to 0

then moved to 0.8 west got strong signal tuned in all channels on 0.8 west so tightened everthing up on dish mount motor etc went to tune in other satellite starting with 4.8 east motor doesnt turn nothing back to 0.8 west works then went into signal finder and before thatPositioner set up sent back to 0 signal comes in again for a second then disappears what the hell is going on lol ??

• Professional needed!

• Official Post

I positioned dish motor to 0

then moved to 0.8 west got strong signal tuned in all channels on 0.8 west so tightened everthing up on dish mount motor etc went to tune in other satellite starting with 4.8 east motor doesnt turn nothing back to 0.8 west works then went into signal finder and before thatPositioner set up sent back to 0 signal comes in again for a second then disappears what the hell is going on lol ??

Forget about signal finder and scanning channels.

Install a channel list and use that until you have finished setting up the motor.

Just zap to the channels and use that to setup, again on 0.8w - 30w and 42east. Do not bother with anything else until it works on those 3 sats.

• I positioned dish motor to 0

Forget about signal finder and scanning channels.

Install a channel list and use that until you have finished setting up the motor.

Just zap to the channels and use that to setup, again on 0.8w - 30w and 42east. Do not bother with anything else until it works on those 3 sats.

I have just double checked and triple checked motor to dish and in is slightly out going to start again

are there any turorials on this great forum i can go by step by step ??

• Just wanted to say I spent 30 mins today after yesterday re assembling dish motor and mount to pole on side of wall after using compass roughly get due south.

Making sure that motor was set to zero then, downloaded Satellite Channel List from within my Openpli Image version 7.3, restarted Zgemma box and then moved to 0.8 west as I live in the South East.

Then all i did was loosen 4 bolts holding all of dish set up on pole so i could move either east or west very slightly and nothing else and also used Signal meter app on mobile so i could see and her with slightest movement until got signal for BBC World News Channel making sure i got strongest signal that I could get.

I have just tried all 4 satellite positions and channels that i use to watch I can now see. Hooray :party-time::party-time::party-time:

Thank you to you all for all your help advice and patience :thumbup:

• God is merciful after all.... :)

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!