Zgemma H9S Lost all my satellites and channels except for Hotbird 13.0 East ??

There are 93 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,250 times. The last Post () by xtaaa.

• You need to replace the satellites.xml file.

Which image are you using? It might be possible for you to do it using remote.

Sorry to bother you again, but as you can see from last night now i am stuck on 16 east from when i was manually re tuning each satellites i had done 13 east 19.2 east 28.2 east then just did 16 east and now thats all i can get a signal from motor not moving at all again.

I went into Filezilla to see if anything was in /etc/enigma ie satellite.xml file and i wasnt so today i went to satellite.xml site and downloaded todays lists of sats delted yesterdays list with filezilla and put in todays and still stuck on 16 east, very confusing. Is there anyway i can tune in 13 east and just keep that until and if i have to buy new sat motor ? Thanks in advance Carmine.

• Official Post

Hello again buddy, if i buy new motor i wouldnt have to change any setting or firmware etc ??

No, but a new motor will not fix a problem with firmware.

• Official Post

IMO you have a motor problem, but that is a guess from hundreds of miles away. Like i said before it could be Motor, cable, LNB or firmware.

If it was me i would start with firmware, then check LNB, Cable and last the motor.

But we are going round in circles now !!

• IMO you have a motor problem, but that is a guess from hundreds of miles away. Like i said before it could be Motor, cable, LNB or firmware.

If it was me i would start with firmware, then check LNB, Cable and last the motor.

But we are going round in circles now !!

I replaced lnb and cable just under a year ago after 20 odd years lol

will try your link you posted about flashing zgemma back up etc , if i get stuck for some reason can i contact you here or should i start a new post ?

just waiting to hear back from abu baniaz, was after what he said then it worked just picking both your brains for your superior knowledge for its been a while but really do appreciate all your support

thank you

• Official Post

The reset positions does not seem to work with Enigma2 receivers on some motors. It works with receivers like TM 5402/1000. Nobody's looked at it as not easy to get into a failure state.

I got lost in the multi-quote posts and don't really know what problem is at the moment. Some of the general rules of fault finding are:

1. Do one thing at a time to avoid complications

2. Make backups before you try things

3. Look at last thing that changed before problem occurred.

4. Answer questions asked by knowledgable/experienced people and do not cloud issue with other details

As I understand it, the last thing that changed to cause the problem was the satellites.xml. I would flash a new image and start again without restoring previous settings. If the motor has been touched, then we are at at two variables.

One other question. Which motor controls system is in use? USALS (where you just enter co-ordinates) or Diseqc (where positions one by one)?

• Yes I do apologize,

On the day the fault occurred about an hour before I had been editing channels using what I have always used which is DreamSet version 2.4.13.0 then I remember changing channels from one sat to the other then i was trying to tune in a channel that i did`nt have and noticed that it wasnt tuning in so tried 8PK and other option for tuning and it didnt find channel i was looking for so went to move dish again and thats when i noticed dish was stuck on one position.

After that i got ladder and tried manual buttons on motor itself but nothing moved just a single click noise from when i tried pressing manual buttons.

then I downloaded Filezilla and deleted old satellites.xml file in folder i was told on this thread and then transferred new satellite.xml file that i downloaded yesterday and still nothing moved then you mentioned about about deleting satellites.xml if it was in the folder you mentioned and all of a sudden i could then manually tune channels from different satellites positions. Dish moved from 13 east t 28.2 and tuned in channels then 192. east and tuned channels then moved it 16 east tuned channels left for a while watched free channels on 16 east then thought as everything was ok would try another satellite position and realized dish would not move anymore again except this time all I had left that i could view was on 16 east nothing else .

Next thing to try you recommend Flashing a new image onto my Zgemma ?

Should i make a back up first or not ?

The Motor controls I have always used are Usals entering my Latitude and Longtitude

Sorry for waffling on lol

Thanks Again in advance

Carmine

• Official Post

Yes, make a backup first, just in case you want to use it again. Save your cam config files if you have not got them saved already.

Start with a clean image,

Configure tuners.

Don't add any "bling" like skins, "builds" etc.

Install a channel list from the plugin server of image, do not use your old channel list.

Test if motor moves.

If everything is OK, we know something was wrong with image

If you still have an issue with motor, then you will have to get it checked.

• Maybe?

Zgemma H9 Twin not moving motor

http://www.hd-digital-satcrew.…by-pure2-code/#post112844

Also, you have not responded to my Qs...

But OK....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I trying to see if its firmware problem or dish

• Thank you again will try everything you say but its been a while will read up on tutorials first

• I have used OpenPli Images for ages what image is even more user friendly than them ?

• Official Post

I am new to all these. Where to download the recovery version of the same & is there certain things that i need to take note of. Thank you Sir!

https://openpli.org/download/zgemma/

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!