Can`t load software error on zgemma H9.2S with DreamUP

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,249 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• I am old cuss and no one else to turn to for help. I am having problem with my new zgemma H9.2S installed with OpenVix 7.3. I updated the new version then problem starts. Can't load, software error ... I can't flash using USB drive anymore. I come across your site about DreamUp V1.3.3.12 latest version. I was so happy. I tried to download and installed it but it prompted me that it's not for enigma2. So would you kind to help please?

regards

joddi

Edited once, last by joddilui ().

• DreamUp?!?

H9S can't boot, can't be flashed... - try this....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I value your response. I've the problem to flash my enigma2/zgemma H92S using USB drive many times over but failed. Yes i didn't before with no problem but now i can't because i update the latest version of OpenVix 7.3 then problem start. Common interface prompted me software problem then hanged. I'm done, please help all the guru whom took pity on me .

• No "pity" is needed, just helping a fellow hobbyist - change USB sticks! Smaller, rather than larger. One will work! You have 2 USB ports, if memory serves, right? One will work. USB v. 2.0, 4 - 8 GB, even 16 will work. Traveller usually works on all machines/with their SW.

Also, change the image. Try PurE2, OpenATV, OpenSPA, OpenHDF, OpenPLi - see what will latch on easier....

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Yes i also tried a new USB drive to flash my enigma2/zgemma H92S box, follow exactly push reset button together with on/off but it won't "flashing red" like before. Please help all the mastery of the same intelligence in seeking, i am

• Master Gorski : I tried Openatv but cannot. Do i need to try those that you;ve mentioned? my zgemma H92S only has 1 USB & TF slot. Do you have any more of the enlightening literature to share. I like it very much. We're born beautiful inside but the outside seemed so unkind. I'm 66 years old with most of my good old buddies gone with either twin Dementia or Alzheimer. Me counting the stars.

Edited 3 times, last by joddilui ().

• Not "together" but press the small black one and HOLD IT!!!! Do NOT let go!

Now, press the big white one and let it go BUT still hold the small black one.

Wait, 'till it starts flashing red/white - only then let go of the small black one.

Get 5-6 different USB sticks. Older ones are OK, smaller are better. You must find a COMPATIBLE USB stick!

ZGEMMA H9 MODELS

(H9X/H9.2X ONLY!!!!!!)

This procedure is for models: H9S (first and second generation with WiFi), H9T, H9.2S, H9.2H.

They have 256MB NAND/"flash" - as just one of the differences with Combo/Twin models, which have a larger 8GB eMMC/"flash" and multiboot built-in...

=====================================================================================

1) download an image of your choice to your PC/laptop and

2) decompress it onto FAT32 formatted USB stick (this will send the "unzipped" h9 folder and 2 additional files [bootargs.bin and fastboot.bin] to the USB memory stick)

3) take the USB stick safely out of your PC (i.e. properly remove it...)

4) switch off your Zgemma H9 at the back, using the white power button

5) shove the USB stick into the back USB port of your H9

6) press and hold the small, black RESET button at the back, then

7) press the white POWER button, while holding the RESET button

8) once you see the LED flashing (changing colour between white and red), only then let go of the black RESET button

9) wait a bit...

10) The tutorials on how to set it all up are in Enigma2 Teams > PurE2 section of this grand forum here > PurE2 Team

=============IN ADDITION==============

These babies are cheap as chips, so they have some HW limitations, like smaller NAND/"flash" ("hard drive"). However, no matter, as we can easily make it bigger cheaply, using an mSD card or USB stick and the procedure to do that, explained in some detail by yours truly is here: Expanding Zgemmas H9x and H9.2x flash to a Micro SD card or USB stick 2.0/3.0...

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!