Tuning OSCAM for intermittent hangs

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,122 times. The last Post () by teak-won-do.

• Hi,

I am running vix image on many zgemma's with all Polish channels with no problems at all. You first need to confirm that all FTA channels are 100% perfect. If not then you need to take a look at your receive signal strength and quality. Get the basics right first. Then move on to the encrypted channels. I use Mgcamd and I find it better than oscam as I view channels from 19, 28 and 30w also.

• balanga:

I recommend removing / reinstalling the feed-source for Softcams if you use it. Instead, it is better to install Oscam via an IPK / DEB package (in the OpenATV case it is an IPK package), because softcam feed-sources sometimes cause problems in OpenATV when updating Enigma. So, install Oscam either an IPK package designed for OpenATV or use the manual installation method I described in my short article (link mentioned below).

Check this my short article: Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

1. Back up the current functional configuration of Oscam (if you don't have it yet)
    2. Remove all softcams from your set-top box:

top | grep cam # then press the CTRL+C keyboard shortcut to STOP the displaying info
      killall -9 <process-name>

opkg update
      opkg list-installed | grep cam
      opkg list-installed | grep softcam-feed

# if there was found some softcams, remove it (you need use their package names):
      opkg remove <pckg-name> <pckg-name> <pckg-name> ...
    3. Install Oscam either an IPK package designed for OpenATV or use the manual installation method I described in my short article (link mentioned above)
  • Having just done a Service Scan, no channels were found, so, either my dish has become disconnected, or something has broken within my STB...

Since I don't have an alternative STB I don't know of any way of checking reception.

Is there a diagnostics program I can try to see if either of the tuners have broken?

• Did you set up the tuner again after upgrading the Enigma / OpenATV version ? This will probably be necessary due to different software drivers and therefore different satellite / terrestrial tuner settings. Try entering the tuner settings in your Enigma / OpenATV and set this tuner again. Then reboot and try scanning the satellite channels again.

• Be sure you have sat signal.

Simple things first.

One of my customers told me on Friday last that their satellite was working until I repaired the terrestrial amplifier. They were 100% adamant so when I checked I found the lnb was not in the mounting bracket at all. It was hanging at the side of the dish.

Explain that one.

• Be sure you have sat signal.

Simple things first.

One of my customers told me on Friday last that their satellite was working until I repaired the terrestrial amplifier. They were 100% adamant so when I checked I found the lnb was not in the mounting bracket at all. It was hanging at the side of the dish.

Explain that one.

The dish itself is on the roof of a block of flats ...

• ask a known neighbor in the house whether you could briefly connect your receiver if you don't have another receiver at hand and make your tuner settings correct

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!