PurE2 on Zgemma H9S

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,660 times. The last Post () by carrspaints.

• Hi all. I've just upgraded from a very old Zgemma Star H2 to a Zgemma H9S. My old box ran on Wooshbuild Infinity, I want to run the new H9S on PurE2 so I can access the FNC Plugins. I understand FNC won't work with Wooshbuild and only works on PurE2?

I installed PurE2 6.2, but it seems quite different to Wooshbuld. No autobouquet maker in the plugins, the only FNC plugin I can see is IMDB.

Is there a ready to go PurE2 image that is already configured with FNC plugins etc? Also, should I be looking at PurE2 6.2 or 6.5. Apologies for the rookie questions here but PurE2 is completely new to me. I have spend a good few hours going round in circles wit the PurE2 setup. Thanks

• 0) Forget about wooshbuild! PurE2 has MUCH more to offer! Just open up your mind, learn a bit and then reap the rewards...

Preparation: you need either a USB stick or an mSD card. Anything up to 64GB or even more.... Once you flash the image into the H9S you will need to move the root ( = / ) to an external device, so you get all the space you need.

Since Zgemma h9S flash is very small - 256MB only - there is not enough space for everything, including FNC plugins.

It is easy to enlarge it, though, as it is in the scripts that come with the image. Do it using the remote in a jiffy....

1) How to install it? Flashing, backup and restore settings on Zgemma H9 series

Use this one: zgemmah9s-PurE2-6.5-20201027_usb.zip

Once you install it you will need to configure it. How? See this section - STICKIES. All the help for PurE2 is here!

2) Now, moving of whatever is on Zgemma H9x: Expanding Zgemmas H9x and H9.2x flash to a Micro SD card or USB stick 2.0/3.0...

3) Once you are done with that and reboot you can go for FNC plugins like this: Fabulous FNC plugins by Franc (for PurE2 users)!!!

Make sure to send various files to proper folders, that would make everything run smoothly...

Fear not!!! I made all the effort needed for end users to succeed - even with minimal knowledge!!! Mark my words!

Just be patient! Do as you read... In a day or two you will love it!!!

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Cheers Gorski. I followed your instructions. Had an issue when expanding Flash to USB, I was saving as boot_mSD.sh instead of boot_USB.sh. Took a few hours to figure what was wrong, but now it all seems to be running well. Surfshark installed with great download speed :party-time::party-time: and have installed the FNC plugins. I would not have been able to do any of this without your help above and previously, so big thanks to ya.

I have one additional query though. I have ordered a 2nd H9S box and would like to back up the image I did last night to then load to the new box.. Do I need to reverse the Flash expansion I did to USB, then back up the whole image and then expand FLASH back to USB? Or is there a way I can back up without doing that?

BTHW, the difference between the H9S and old H2 is quite amazing. Wish I has changed years ago.

• It is not possible to backup everything... The flash is too small...

I do not find it advantageous to do the backup if using this kind of trick to expand the flash...

As a principle: before you do anything, like flashing again or if you have a problem and you need to investigate, i.e. you might have to re-flash everything from scratch, then yes - better go back to booting from flash. Only that part (minimal image and some plugins) can you make a full backup of. Not everything, as it will be bigger than 256MB!

So, in the pManager > Scripts, one must reverse the expansion, as you said, then make a partial backup of whatever you did before you expanded to USB stick or mSD card. I have one such broken box to prove that this is not to be taken lightly - this logic should be respected, it seems to me...

I think you should return the second H9S, then top it up a bit and buy H9 Combo (terrestrial and satellite tuners) or Twin (2 x satellite tuner), as they have native multiboot (5 partitions in all, 4 of them for Enigma2) and 8GB flash, WiFi, slot for HDD to be plugged in etc. No need to expand anything there, like with H9S!

Alternatively, mid-December H10 is coming, plus some other models...

Here is a scoop: H9 series with enough flash space (Combo/Twin) will also get Android, as there is an Android partition already waiting for them....

It is not clear how well will Android OS work with only 1GB of RAM, though....

New H10 will have 2GB of RAM, so Kodi should be OK then, we hope....

But we must wait... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Not sure what has happened. Everything was working fine. I installed the app x-streamity plugin and rebooted. Now my H9S only shows a red light on boot up and won't progress. :whatthefuck::whatthefuck::whatthefuck:

I have powered off, removed the USB, reinserted, powered back on but nothing changes this, still stuck with red display on the front panel. Any ideas what I can do to remedy, or does this mean a brand new installation of Pure2? Thanks

• Sometimes one can FTP into the box (use FileZilla Client, as it is proven to be the best in all cases).

Put back the USB stick. Switch H9S on. FTP into it. Remove the offending plugin etc. Reboot.

If you can - fine. If not, you must do it all from scratch...

Sometimes new installations go haywire...

Not to go nuts over it... ;)

Good luck!

• Unfortunately because it won't boot and is stuck with red light, I cannot connect using Filezilla. Looks like a fresh install. Frusutrating as it took many hours to get it set up :crying1::crying1::crying1:

• On second thought: have you changed Estuary for something else? If so: see, I warn people about this but....

PurE2 is very advanced, on the bleeding edge in a lot of respects and so....

Don't mess with the skin, that's my advice! :)

Besides, Sat TV + FNC = hobby Heaven... ;)

• Unfortunately because it won't boot and is stuck with red light, I cannot connect using Filezilla. Looks like a fresh install. Frusutrating as it took many hours to get it set up :crying1::crying1::crying1:

Don't take it the wrong way: you will learn from this. And not just cerebrally - you will get a better feel for the image, too...

The more times you install it, the faster the next installation will be... :)

It's not all bad!

• And get yourself H9Combo, as the next one... Actually, I would advise H7S!!!

Or wait for H10 and hopefully... ;)

• Yeah, I changed the skin to one that allows Channel Preview (PIG) For some reason, the guys behind Estuary skin won't modify it to include PIG, and PIG is important for us (mainly for my better half).

If Wooshbuld would allow me to extend the memory to USB, I would just go that route. (I haven't read anywhere that it does) The main reason I went Pure2 was because of the FNC plugins, but having used them, most don't work. In fact, I think only 2 were working when I tried.

• Nonsense!

You need a VPN for some of them - and almost all of them do work!

Read in this section - you have a list of active ones, tested by me!

PiG would make the skin even bigger and it already is big.

It's big because it allows the users to make it the way they want it. But you need to read a little, as explained by me...

Estuary broke new grounds in the hobby, with full HD and malleability, serious functionality, like no other skin, period!

The more you know.... ;)

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “PueE2 onZgemma HS9” to “PurE2 on Zgemma H9S”.
  • Working as of this moment...

STREAMING FNC PLUGINS:

Radio

HbbTV - it doesn't work in all STBs, it is demanding...

Streamlord - you must make an account on the SL page, as well with OpenSubtitles (just in case)

StreamlordTV- as above

Lookmovies

Lookseries

Filmler (Turkish plugin, so use Balkanic IP address, i.e. use VPN if you are elsewhere in the world)

xHamster

OLM is back, too

YIFY is all sorted out now, including all the search engines! (In the UK you need a VPN, as it is banned!)

INFORMATION and other NON-STREAMING FNC PLUGINS

Live-Score

Speedtest

IMDb is fine again

Bitrate

WAZZup

Vicevi (Serbo-Croat language)

At the moment, these STREAMING FNC plugins are SOMETIMES/IN SOME CASES NOT working:

Iwaatch - it seems it is working in some machines and in some countries (but not so at my UK end, in Zgemma H9 Twin)

A NOTE:

One only needs KUD for Live Score plugin, all the rest of them are opened to highest quality without KUD, thanx to Franc.

Speaking of Franc: he has very little time these days to immediately update the FNC plugins, so we must be patient if something is no longer functional....

P.S. I don't use Filme or Serien, sorry... (They tell me they are OK, too... :) )

P.P.S. Do not forget to use VPN with streaming plugins - PROTECT YOURSELVES!!!

P.P.P.S. How many do you need?!? :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::laugh1::party-time::thank_you2:

• Read more here: Fabulous FNC plugins by Franc (for PurE2 users)!!!

Post no. 5 for OLM, for instance - it needs a setup, once...

Then, you save that file on your HDD, as backup. Next time it's easy and fast...

Post 76 - how to set them up generally...

Etc.

• Okay, so I have reloaded Pure2. I have also installed OpenVPN with Surfsharf. Furthermore, I managed after some hours to find out how to get my IPTV from my old box installed and running by installing the apps and then using Filezilla to both boxes and copying files from old to new. This may be simple for some, but it took me ages. The box is 100% where it needs to be. No FNC plugins. Frankly, I won't need them with IPTV. Happy Days!

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!