EPG Crashes

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,004 times. The last Post () by abdoforever147.

• I have a Zgemma H9S with Pure2 6.5 installed. I am using the default Estuary skin. When accessing channels in the bouquet, I get the EPG data. I.e., how far along that program is, a description of what is showing etc. All good. However, if I press the EPG button on the remote, Pure2 crashes and reboots. I have looked at the EPG Importer settings and can't see anything that may cause this.

Des anyone have any suggestions on how I can get EPG to work when I press the EPG button? Thanks.

• Have you installed an epg mod. One that changes what the coloured buttons display and the remote control keys.
    EPG importer is not related to your problem.
    Your problem will be either a skin issue or an epgselection.py file issue (usually caused by a mod)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I am not too familar with pure2, so you probably need someone to give you the original epgselection.py file from pure2 image to see if that fixes your problem.

• Use estuary skin and install epg importer from PurE2 feed. My stb have no problem.

We can not confirm the problem when you use another skin or mod plugin.

better now please fresh clean install.

carrspaints next time pleas open thread in PurE2 image section with crash.log and we will help you

• Thanks atari. I will open any future threads under Pure2. I have two Zgemma H9S boxes, both with the Pure2 images. I installed the Sky skin on one box.

I reinstalled the Estuary skin where the Sky skin was installed, but that made no difference, so I copied the epgselection.py from the working Pure2 box with Estuary skin and installed that on the box I had reverted back to Estuary skin and it now works. EPG opens without crashing.

The problem I have now might be server side. I was getting the EPG through till late last night but now when EPG tries to update, it does so for Freesat channels but NOT IPTV. I get "download failed: Errono 2 No such file or directory." followed by the https:// address of the provider.

I have messaged the provider, I suspect that is where the issue is.

• Thanks. I did exactly what you said, but no EPG feed from the provider by the look of things. I scroll to my provider in EPG Import - Sources, then press yellow (Import Current). A box comes up "EPGImport Import of EPG data will start. This may take a few minutes. Is this OK? Hit yes and it takes me back to previous screen. No EPG update takes place. I can only assume this is a provider issue?

• It's a known issue with epg importer not working with https URLs https://github.com/oe-alliance/XMLTV-Import/issues/37

It's been reported since February 2019 with no feedback of getting fixed but there's a few modified files that work but unsure if it will work with pure2

Edit just seen KiddaC post

Take a backup of the EPGImport.pyo file before sending the .py file incase of issues

• Thanks Kiddac. I followed your instructions. Feesat & IPTV EPG worked but only for 24 hours.

Today, I cannot get the IPTV EPG to load. EPG Import shows the IPTV channels being imported (several thousand) but when returning to a channel or using the EPG button on RC, only Feesat channels have EPG data. IPTV shows no EPG data, even after several reboots.

I had the same issue with the original EPGImport.py file. On first run, IPTV EPG downloads and shows in EPG. But 24 hours later, it is gone. I have checked the EPG-Import settings and it is set to automatically import at 8:01 every day. Even manual import fails to resolve.

• in your main epg settings, you need to save your epg.dat file to external media and not internal media.

Otherwise 1) your gonna run out of space, 2) you are probably going to lose it on a reboot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!