Zgemma H7S - For motorised Dish - is it reliable?

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,622 times. The last Post () by zgemma730.

• Hi all

So im looking to replace my Vu+ Duo (Genuine, purchased around 2011/12) which is currently being used with a motorised dish, its just getting too slow and clunky now. Ive already done the capacitor fix on it once :)

Ive done some searching and the Zgemma H7S gets recommended a lot, the prices of these receivers have come down a lot from back in the day!

I wanted to ask how reliable the Zgemma H7S with USALs? ive seen some receivers that have trouble moving a dish due to weaker internals and ive been some work arounds where you need to be on a V channel on one satellite then move to another V channel on another satellite for the dish to move as V polarisation uses more power hence helps move the motor.

Anyway the internal positioner on the Vu+ Duo is great i just want the new receiver to be just as good.

i only use the the dish for the football and it needs to support the usual cams, i do not need an android box as i have Shield TV for that

Is the Zgemma H7S the one to go for?

My dish is only single feed so you may say a triple tuner maybe a bit overkill but i guess its future proof in case of expansion.

Thanks

• It's simple to upgrade: put a Dual feed or Quad LNB and add a cable to the other Sat TV tuner... Cheap and great!

I don't use the motor but from what I heard - no problem....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• It's simple to upgrade: put a Dual feed or Quad LNB and add a cable to the other Sat TV tuner... Cheap and great!

I don't use the motor but from what I heard - no problem....

Thanks

i think i can sort out a static 28.8E feed for Tuner 1 and il use Tuner 2 for the motorised Dish. i dont record so hopefully will be fine

i think from memory it was a Dark Motor that was installed so it will be 13 / 18V . Ive ordered one anyway! arriving tomorrow with PureE2 pre installed.

just going to read up on how to best set it up now.

• so you have made your mind on what your going to have ?

so what was the question

Zgemma H7S - For motorised Dish - is it reliable?

and upon Googling for a few hours, ive not read anything bad about this box so ordered one.

it was between this or the AX HD61 which seems like another popular receiver. but its £50 more than the H7S.

• Zgemma H7S - For motorised Dish - is it reliable?

answer is NO

you will need a very good LNB for it to work

but you have made your mind up

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• ok thanks. il give it a go and report back.

Do you know if the AV HD61 is better for motorised set up?

• Is there a difference in Power Supply Unit (PSU) in terms of A? Can't remember now....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Like this?

69b5ed396.jpg

• Did you see this thread: http://www.hd-digital-satcrew.…been-fixed-by-pure2-code/

I have no clue if this is related but just mentioning....

• thanks for that

i have read that i guess around march when it was put there

i bought the 7s mainly for IPTV which is it main good point

during full lockdown (this one is not)

i bought a c120 lnb from sweden

put it on and worked like a charm

with the settings you mention on that post

but if i replace with any other LNB ie them 3 new one's i have

it goes back to a dead-duck

but thanks for putting that info here

i accepted my box for what it is great iptv but as a sat box at least in my case hope not others

it's a 3 out 10 if you dont mind sticking to 1 sat

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

Edited once, last by Antepenultim8 ().

• Sat/terrestrial TV is so much more than that..... And all the rest of it is indeed great.

C-band blindscan (American experience with that) is allegedly not OK (although it can be remedied) - but all the rest of it is great.

IPTV, playback, streaming - all seem very, very fine.

Plus the HW advantages, 4 partitions etc. etc.

The best I had...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!