How to sort UK freeview channels on a Zgemma h7c

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,909 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi, Not sure whether this is the correct place to post this.

I have just bought a Zgemma H7c, when it boots up it displays openatv 6.1

I have done a channel scan it it shows all the UK freeview channels, but they are not in order for example:

1) BBC1

2) BBC2

3) ITV etc

how do I rectify this?

Many Thanks

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Zgemma h7c” to “How to sort UK freeview channels on a Zgemma h7c”.
  • Hi

I have done that, it is now on 6.4.

In the reception menu I see the plugin for AutoBouquetsMaker, but when I click on it and try a scan it gives me an error about Tuner C, but my Ariel is connected to Tuner B.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Hi Abu

Thank you for your reply, I am awaiting delivery of a Signal Splitter / Booster box so I can then use both tuners.

I take it once I disabled Tuner C, I just run the AutoBouquetsMaker scan? And that will give me the correct channel numbers?

• Thanks for all your help, its working now :)

Just one quick question when I eventually get both tuners connected do I need a multi epg or single as normal?

• Abu, can you comment, please, on this remark/question I have: in PurE2 (so probably in all OE-A images) when you go to MENU > Setup > System > Customise > one can select:

-Preferred tuner

-Preferred tuner for recordings.

That should be sorted out, I think, when one plans to watch something and record something else, or stream (locally or over web), non? Just so one doesn't mess up a started recording, while zapping etc.

Also, what might be helpful is to set Alternative service tuner priority order, depending on one's HW, right?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

I don't think that there is a need to use preferred tuners unless you have different types. Vast majority of receivers with multiple terrestrial tuners that have internal splitters, so they have the same terrestrial signal supply.

Only reason to use the preferred tuner options is if using tuners with differing capabilities. For example, on satellite, I have an FBC tuner. I use the leaf tuner as the preferred one so that the root tuner remains free. (ABM and CrossEPG need a root tuner).

I don't think we have alternative service tuner priority on ViX, so can't comment on that.

• Well, if memory serves, I once messed up my recording, since I didn't pay attention, thinking that whatever I started recording will keep on recording while I was happily zapping... It was a while ago, so can' be sure of it but just thought I'd mention it...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!