Which TV is best for your buck?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 529 times. The last Post () by bodger2.

• I've never had an android TV before only really used Samsung, but now with apps like Smart IPTV no longer available unless side loaded, the thought of an Android tv using Tivimate seems like a good ideal. I played around with an LG android tv once though and I have to say I didn't find the UI that friendly as with Samsung. Are Android tv's decent ?

• hey Dude its a very subjective Question as everyone has a different view, So in my opinion a mid range LG smart tv seem pretty good value ! I bought a 42/43 inch Q series for Around £260 last year and it has a sat tuner,does freesat and motorised - has 4k HDR alongside T2 tuner and supports all the smart apps that are currently popular.

I have seen a few Android tv's i think the latest top end LGs might use Android im certain all the sonys' now use Android.

I noticed that LG have also teamed up with Apple to deliver apple tv direct to the set and incorporate other products in the apple range for those of that persuasion.

I also noticed the Bang and Olufsen tvs use LG screens from the top end LG range.

Another thing i noticed about LG is they have teamed up with Technics to deliver a sound package option on the high end Range so they're definitely trying and developing the Tv side of there business.

I see alot of samsung tvs with power faults but that could just be an anomaly due to how many there are as they have been the no1 selling tv in the uk for a while.

On a technical issue i think samsung are pursuing QLED where as others are Using OLED.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks for that rikjaard-real. I think it will be an LG that I go for. Just out of interest if you know that is. Is there an LG phone app that will allow you to use the phone keyboard to type directly to the TV, instead of using the remote?

• When buying a new tv one of the things that concerns me if you use some apps built into the tv , like going back 1 week in the Freeview programme guide to view, you have to give the tv manufacturer permission to access all the programmes you view which I don`t like and others. If I watch You Tube I don`t mind them knowing what You Tube video`s I watch or am interested in but not others as privacy is important.

I cannot update the software on the tv (firmware) via the internet because I didn`t agree to there free access. I have to download on my pc and put a file on a usb drive like most of us do with our sat boxes to update. I can watch through my Sky box catch up tv progs but as I have had that subscription many years I cannot remember what privacy I signed up to. I don`t mind Sky knowing what I watch through its box but not others.

A friend looking for a new tv thought that some manufacturers would`nt let you opt out so its important to find out before you buy your new tv. If you value your privacy.:shocked3:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!