ZGemma H7C, how to copy files to internal HDD and from it to USB drive.

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,490 times. The last Post () by curioustv.

• Hi,

I`m buying soon a ZGemma H7C box for my sister so she records DTT channels, and as a media center too.

I want this box to be able to copy files from its internal HDD to a pen drive, and viceversa when needed.

With its default OpenATV image, what is the the easiest way to do this task? If possible without having to

mount the USB pen drive. It would be great if this could be done by simply plugging the pen drive and

then just selecting the drives and the function Copy To from a menu. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Happy holydays, and please stay safe.

• There are file managers on openatv , one is called Dreamexplorer the other is called File Commander which I prefer because it has two windows so you can copy files between folders or drives. You will need to install them so you would select Green button this takes you to Plugins section then you press Green button again to download plugins this will take you to download plugin section you then go into the various sections you should go to extensions you will fine the file managers in there select the one or both if you prefer and install them. once installed you need to reboot GUI.

If you have computer or laptop you can access the zgemma and copy files using FTP program like filezilla or if on windows 10 you can use file explorer just enter the zgemma IP address into file explorer search bar. You cna get the IP Address on zgemma by pressing menu \ information\ network

example picture using windows 10 file explorer.

if using openatv you need to set password first before you can ftp to the box so you need to go menu\ setup\ system \ network \ password setup and set password normally just root

then if you go to connect via windows file explorer it will ask for user name and password which would be root then root again.

41e4d05b37e0b9c818c.jpg

You type IP address in file explorer like example below but with your zgemma IP Address.

\\192.168.1.4

• Thanks for the help, but she doesn't have a PC nor laptop. She could only copy files from and to the box via a USB pen drive.

So, if the file manager is installed, could she access it with the ZGemma H7C's remote in order to copy the files?

• I hope it works. I did a search on this subject and most users were talking about mounting the USB pen or drives...

Won't NTFS be recognized or will it cause any problem? Imagine I want to give her a more than 4 Gigabyte video file. It wouldn't fit

in a FAT 32 formatted partition, would it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!