Help all the partitions have gone and cannot install any new ones!

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,646 times. The last Post () by Saraceno84.

• Hello I hope you can help me. I have installed a backup image OpenPli and after it crashed I cannot longer see the other images that I installed nor I cannot install new ones (it does flash the imaged in the empty slots but then when I check nothing has been actually installed). What shall I do? Shall I do a factory restore?? Please help!!!

• Thanks for the reply. The Openpli image was the latest one. I've downloaded the recovery file from PurE2 website but it won't recognise it (even though it recognised the other ones). Looks like i'm stuck!! What would happen if I do a factory reset?

• I would reflash the recovery via usb . Instructions can be found by Gorski here in the forum for each box at Pur-E2 Area.

Then reload a current image of your choice and restore the settings that I hope you had saved them.

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• Put the Pure2 Recovery file on a newly formatted usb Stick still zipped up. I use an old 1 GB formatted on fat 32. Put in one of the rear usb slots. I use the top usb of the 2 ver USB slots. No reason why. Disconnected all other USB`s. Press button on front behind the card slot flap and turn power on at the back. Hold front button until it says flash then you can let go . It should put the Pure 2 image Multiboot on your box. Thanks Gorsky for your info.

• Thanks Bodger2 but it did not work, I've put the usb at the back both on the top and bottom slots, tried different usb sticks all formatted, switched off the receiver, pressed the button on the top left above the card slot, switched one the receive still pressing the front button but nothing, it does not start to flash and goes straight into boot and then start with the OpenPli image.

I'll try later if by doing a factory reset something happens.

Thanks anyway!!

• I've tried zipped and unzipped on different USB sticks from 2gb to 8gb with no luck both trying to flash it on the fly or by pressing the buttons but nothing it's like the box does not recognise the file (if I put in the USB stick other images it does see them but even if it flash them when I press multiboot there is nothing).

• I had problems the same as you Dex71. The only way I won was to download Gorski`s multiboot recovery file from his how to do. Nothing else worked for me. Mine was a brand new box with openvix installed but I wanted Pure2 in the first partition, then to always install the other images that I wanted to try, to other partitions through Pure2.

This worked for me.

The file downloaded from his thread was Zgemmah7-PurE2-6.5-20201220-recovery-emmc .

Nothing else worked and some files that say they are multiboot when put onto stick are not seen by the box when you want to install them in the Pure2 multiboot.

I am sure that is me doing something wrong.

• Unfortunately that file is no longer available....lucky me! LOL!

• Message Gorski, I'm sure he will upload it.

• Dex71, Have you tried the updated version of the recovery file from Gorski thread ?

PurE2 "typical" 4 partitions image for Zgemma H7

6.5 version recovery dated from today when I clicked on the download page , even though the thread is dated from Feb 2019. Its worth trying as Pure2 seem on top of things.

Gorski solved my vpn manager problem as I was well stuck. Will keep my fingers crossed.

• Dex71, Have you tried the updated version of the recovery file from Gorski thread ?

PurE2 "typical" 4 partitions image for Zgemma H7

6.5 version recovery dated from today when I clicked on the download page , even though the thread is dated from Feb 2019. Its worth trying as Pure2 seem on top of things.

Gorski solved my vpn manager problem as I was well stuck. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Just tried and again it did not work I guess I'm gonna be stuck with just one partition and one image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!