How install and configure inadyn on VU+DUO

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,137 times. The last Post () by wafi villa.

• Official Post

Installation and configuration of inadyn on VTI and VIX images for being able to use service no-ip:
    1) Download enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus_1.2-r0_mipsel.ipk.
    2) Copy it with ftp on the receiver in the /tmp folder
    3) connect to the receiver in telnet and type the following command: ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus_1.2-r0_mipsel.ipk
    4) Modify in the receiver the file inadyn.conf in /var/etc in the following way:
    --background
    --update_period_sec 060 (indicate time interval with which it comes controlled if the ip address is changed)
    --username (yours login of the service)
    --password (yours password of the service)
    --dyndns_system default@no-ip.com
    --alias (the address that you have set up to your host, es.: mioweb.no-ip.com)
    --forced_update_period 86400
    --log_file /var/log/inadyn.log (set up this for the log file)
    5) Modify the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line:
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2
    add:
    inadyn
    6) reboot the receiver. If all it has been executed correctly, read the /var/log/inadyn.log in order to verify the correct run of the system.

• i downloaded the enigma plugin from another forum and for some reason this is not working i cant find the file inadyn.conf in /var/etc in the duo via ftp ive tryed to delete the plugin but i cant find it now.i hope this doesnt effect my box as i had it working great and since this went wrong im getting jumps on the tv screen here is the log

inadyn started inadyn version 1.96 -dynamic dns updater i-inadyn ip address for alias XXXXX.dyndns.tv needs update to XXXXXXX
    w inadyn error validating dyndns svr answer check usr pass hostname

im using black hole by the way

edit: not a good idea to post your dns & ip

• Official Post

You can check & remove using DCC by clicking tools/ipkg packages.
    This guide is a year old now and you do have another option with blackhole.

Navigate to menu/setup/software management/manage extensions/system

You will see dyndns client, Install this & reboot then setting it up is as simple as entering your details with the remote.

• Hi trying to use this guide to set up inadyn on openatv 4 image and have no similar line in : /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line:
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2
    add:
    inadyn

this is what I have got: sync

if [ '$(grep config.crash.enabledebug /etc/enigma2/settings)' == 'config.crash.enabledebug=true' ]; then
    if [ '$(grep config.crash.debug_path= /etc/enigma2/settings | sed 's/config.crash.debug_path=//g')' != '' -a -d '$(grep config.crash.debug_path= /etc/enigma2/settings | sed 's/config.crash.debug_path=//g')' ]; then
    LD_PRELOAD=$LIBS /usr/bin/enigma2 &> $(grep config.crash.debug_path= /etc/enigma2/settings | sed 's/config.crash.debug_path=//g')Enigma2-debug-$(date +%Y%m%d_%H-%M-%S).log
    else
    LD_PRELOAD=$LIBS /usr/bin/enigma2 &> /home/root/logs/Enigma2-debug-$(date +%Y%m%d_%H-%M-%S).log
    fi
    else
    LD_PRELOAD=$LIBS /usr/bin/enigma2

Any idea where I can add inadyn, heard of a few guys having to reflash if they get this wrong,lol, thanks.

• i just add with other method 2 files in var/bin and edith the nessasary things inadyn sh with flash fxp its is ok

You will see dyndns client, Install this & reboot then setting it up is as simple as entering your details with the remote. like ten below said

"Vengeance is mine;I will repay,saith the lord"

• master G

Added the Label Article

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!