Best Enigma2 box for IPTV & recording multiple streams 2022

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,668 times. The last Post () by asaphus1.

• Nice one beats me and what ive achieved with various suppliers.

I'll leave it with you to advice your mate i guess he'd run the same supplier and that may be the key.

• I just want to report back, after 6 months from this discussion.

I decided to buy an Nvidia shield Pro to have the absolute best hardware. My options for software were either tivimate or Implayer. I bought IMplayer and used it as well as free version of tivimate, and I can report that IMplayer is a piece of garbage and I wouldn't use even for free now. It fails at eveything! IMplayer I found after buying, doens't even have timeshift. And the recording is garbage. Tivimate isn't better either for those 2 things. Both of them are ok for just watching IPTV, and Tivimate is better. I am SO dissapointed with IMplayer and that I paid for it.

So in conclusion I want to report that my experience with the shield and various software has been a failure. if you want to record IPTV and have timeshift the BEST solution is probably Formuler and MOL2 like COMPO said. The second best experience might be E2. But since I don't yet have either one of those 2 boxes I cant say for sure.

I am now looking into buying a formuler box.

I think I might also buy an e2 box just soI can put this question to rest. But at this point my general view is that its gonna be likely exactly as COMPO said, and the formuler experience is just gonna be robust and E2 expeirence will just not satisfy.

I was thinking of getting an E2 box as an extra recorder, but then aagin if its not very reliable, and if I HAVE TO get a formuler box regardless, then an E2 box becomes kind of pointless and maybe its better to just use nextPVR for extra recordings since the recordings are gonna be separate from the main device anyway. I don't know.

When I have more feed back I will share again. Thanks guys.

• Thanks for updating on your experience Countermeasure I remember reading this thread 6 months ago and it had some useful ideas.

I don't really record my IPTV but on my Octagon box it's ok for programmes IF the stream is reliable. Another trick is to have multiple services and record the same channel on both and you have twice the chance of getting a successful recording. I don't know what channels you're trying to record but the alternative is to invest in a service with decent catch up, you can also download the catch up recording to keep it for longer. My service has a few US and canadian channels.

I'm not super clued up on the US box market but I think there's a ZGemma box with ATSC which would at least get your over the air channels natively and the recording will work ok on those, guide data may be an issue though.

• Well I'm in canada and canadian OTA channels are utter garbage, no point to spend any effort on them.

The point is that the ability to timeshift makes a massive difference in TV watching experience. Anyone who's had good timeshift knows that. You just can't go back. The reason for recording is to get more or less the same thing. Ability to watch on your time and ability to FF/RW.

We've had cable TV boxes for the last 15 years, and since the PVR and timeshift capabilities were added some 6-7 years ago, I don't think I've watched a single commercial. So watching straight IPTV is just something I can't sit through, nor do I have the time. I can't see how others can stomach watching live television nowadays! I sure can't.

The recording on Tivimate and IMplayer is simply garbage and a total fail, and neither have timeshift. I haven't tried other software on android yet, but I feel they wouldn't fare better and most of them are paid, and I don't wanna pay again for another fail. To me that makes them non options. MOL2 on the other hand seems to do both those things pretty reliably. if it can do well 95% of time I call that reliable enough, and from people's accounts, it seems to be so.

See its all about software. A good software can record even a choppy stream. It will record the choppiness too, and that's the mark of a good software. Problem is the software out there is not very good at all. Well, MOL2 seems to be the only exception. I'm getting one soon, its on the way.

Oh I also do have catchup on my service but IMplayer did such a terrible job of playback that it was a hellish experience.

If I had a software that downloaded catchup would have been great, but I don't have a way to do that. If anyone here knows one please let me know (other than E2 box).

• Its an old(ish) thread but I felt I should throw in my own recording experience with Enigma 2. The Answer is yes, you can record multiple streams if your connection has enough bandwidth for it, you can timeshift any stream if changing 4097 (stream) to 1 (DVB) isn't working for you . Just replace that streams reference with its equivalent sat channel reference and it will start auto timeshift if you have set that to do so in the settings. And use OpenATV images as its the best for this kind of usage. I am using a Gigablue UE ultra 4k with openatv 6.3. And don't forget to have it hardwired to your router and use the gigabit lan capability of your box.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!