ZGEMMA H7S DVB-S2 Tuners not working

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,082 times. The last Post () by urie.

• My ZGEMMA H7S STB running OpenATV stopped receiving via its DVB-S2 tuners about a month ago. The DVB-T2 tuner continues to work.

Does anyone know whether I can confirm that the DVB-S2 tuners have broken, rather than being misconfigured? I have spent a lot of time with various configuration options but cannot complete a frequency scan.

Is it possible to replace the tuners?

• I've had this happen umpteen times and it was always down to me having moved my dish and not checking the configuration correctly....but I would try what urie has suggested first of all...I dont believe it's possible to change the tuners on these boxes....

Does anyone know whether I can confirm that the DVB-S2 tuners have broken, rather than being misconfigured?

• I've had this happen umpteen times and it was always down to me having moved my dish and not checking the configuration correctly....but I would try what urie has suggested first of all...I dont believe it's possible to change the tuners on these boxes....

Does anyone know whether I can confirm that the DVB-S2 tuners have broken, rather than being misconfigured?

I've just taken the STB apart and it looks like the Tuners are soldered to the mainboard :( so a DIY repair is out of the question.

I've just taken the STB apart and it looks like the Tuners are soldered to the mainboard :( so a DIY repair is out of the question.

Have you double checked you tuner selection in case they are set to wrong one. Also machine may still be under warranty.

Have you double checked you tuner selection in case they are set to wrong one. Also machine may still be under warranty.

I've tried everything under tuner selection, many, many times. The box was under warranty when this first started happening but I didn't report it in time.

• A frequency scan does not find any channels.

Are you therefore implying selecting a satellite channel still works?

Identifying the problem correctly will get the correct resolution.

I was never able to identify the problem. My system simply would not receive any signals, so I thought the tuners had stopped working somehow. I guess I must have messed up an upgrade to OpenATV, but now after a install of recovery_emmc image the system is working again.

• A frequency scan does not find any channels.

Are you therefore implying selecting a satellite channel still works?

Identifying the problem correctly will get the correct resolution.

I was never able to identify the problem. My system simply would not receive any signals, so I thought the tuners had stopped working somehow. I guess I must have messed up an upgrade to OpenATV, but now after a install of recovery_emmc image the system is working again.

make sure you make settings and full backup one fully setup.

• master G

Added the Label Tuner Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!