X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player (new thread)

There are 447 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 607,151 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Python wants TAB's and not spaces in front of the line.

Spaces are the preferred indentation method. Tabs should be used solely to remain consistent with code that is already indented with tabs. Python disallows mixing tabs and spaces for indentation.” Furthermore, the section on Indentation states that 4 spaces per indentation level should be used

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Python wants TAB's and not spaces in front of the line.

Spaces are the preferred indentation method. Tabs should be used solely to remain consistent with code that is already indented with tabs. Python disallows mixing tabs and spaces for indentation.” Furthermore, the section on Indentation states that 4 spaces per indentation level should be used

I made a strike through of that text in my earlier posting.

I went back to downloader.py instead of channels. The channels change corrects wget not being able handle m3u8. In meantime I don't use wget anymore for only m3u8 files.

It has an reason but not a one you want to hear. :shushing face:

ps. just now, I noticed that the empty space in your posting contains a explanation why and how. Thanks for that, I assume I mixed tabs and spaces at that moment.

• Right.... Its very complicated. And it became complicated due to all my experiences with dealing with users on this site who have a whole plethora of shitty providers that don't always do things correctly.

Jedi's source file contains a link to the full epg. It gets fully downloaded when epg importer is run

Jedi channels are from the providers xtream api. If it has an "epg id" in its data it builds the channels. This list is what is cross referenced in epg importer and there should be corresponding epg data in the xmltv file.

Xstreamity downloads the full xmltv epg every time you visit live categories page after a certain length of time.
    From this epg data it parses the xmltv xml and creates a json file with only the information I need.
    Then I delete the xmltv file. If you open your ftp software. You will notice this happen in one of your epg folders.
    This json file is smaller and quicker to reference. This json file is used to show the epg data in xstreamity primarily.

But.... xstreamity also creates an epg source and epg channel file for use with epg importer. This is used as a secondary epg. (if no epg from json try from epg importer). This is only used when a provider has put custom sids in from satelittles for channels. Their will be no epg id, so no programme data in their xmltv. The custom sid will reference the relevant rytec source if also checked.

There is also the daily epg in xtreamity (long press epg). Which is a very quick api url call. But again some providers show lots of data here, others only show 4 entries.

Question 1:

Can you program Xstreamity so that you only get EPG for channels you want.

The channel list isn't a big file. whether its 100 or 1000, it really isn't going to make much difference.
    When epg importer goes through these files its failry quick.

But my new jedi I have actually only created channel data for channels that are not hidden.

The json file is probably all channels at the moment. (I think). If it is, I should change that to only be channels that are not hidden.
    It will keep the file size down, but the speed will probably not be much different. Parsing json dictionaries is very fast.

Question 2:

Is it possible to get the same service references on Xstreamity and JediMaker or on future ones (JediBouquetMaker ).

It would be beneficial if same in both programs

Service references could be used.

:shushing face:ho ho ho.

I have completely changed the unique reference in new jedi. This is actually based on the full url of your line. It converts it to a number.
    This number will always be the same. I don't know if this will always output a unique number if you have multiple providers in your plugin.
    The chance of it computing the same number is very slim. But it could happen and then thats gonna mess epg ids up. :)
    And then the other numbers are worked out by the stream id number. So that never changes.

If this works, then I will be implementing the same in xstreamity. Which in theory will give the exact same references.

That was a long answer, I could have just said, I probably need to change the json. And watch this space about epg references. :nerd face:

It is all a bit scrappy and messy, but this solution for epgs is the one that works best for me. Over the years we have tried many things to populate epgs fully and quickly using various api calls (mangled data, time offset issues). Trying to use just epg importer which cannot parse bad xml data and will therefore be blank if an error. So the json solution is the better solution for me as I basically rewrite any bad data. Although lately I think their have been amends in modern images that epg importer now tries to fix bad data.

• I got an specific question about downloading EPG the EPG. When I select in the main "Manual EPG Update" is then the /etc/epgimport/xstreamity.sources.xml used? Or is playlists.txt uses?

Why, I have two accounts with the same provider and that leads to twice downloading the XMLTV file. So I removed the second account line in the xstreamity.sources.xml file and made symbolic link in /etc/enigma2/xstreamity/epg/ to the directory name of the first account line.

Update: could now test it and both directories are created. So an double import in this special situation.

Xstreamity downloads the full xmltv epg every time you visit live categories page after a certain length of time.
    From this epg data it parses the xmltv xml and creates a json file with only the information I need.

I am not sure that I ever noticed this and can you give an indication what the time is before a XMLTV automatic download is initiated? Is this also done when I am watching a live channel on that moment?

Edited 2 times, last by msatter ().

• I have been asked on github if I can put in an auto restart stream option.
    I have tried this before and it doesn't work well.
    But... I have just put in a quick stream restart button using 0 on your remote.
    I actually have a test line at the moment which has freezing streams, so I was able to test and it works fine.

Will do an update shortly.

• XStreamity v4.07

New files on post 1

what we have got today...

button 0 in streamplayer now refreshes the stream i.e. if its frozen on live - quite useful actually
    (i have tried multiple ways of trying to automate this, even trying some of oottppxx quarterpound code. It still isn't working to my satisfaction. 0 is easier and simple)

and as epg importer gets confused if sources are named exactly name from different plugins. I have added in the option to turn off epg importer in playlist settings.

EPG importer is only actually required if your provider uses all or some custom sid satellite refs. urie

I would recommend deleting all xstreamity epg importer files first. Start a fresh.

Compressed some images saving a 1mb. I have not compressed the backgrounds because I like the clarity of them.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• It`s first time to try X-Streamity , and it`s work perfectly .

but. I have gigablue trio 4k pro reciver , and reciver have display showing the channel number or clock .

when i watching iptv on X-Streamity , it show clock and time how long I watched iptv . between it switches every second and it slightly irritates .

can it be somehow made to just display the clock ?

• It`s first time to try X-Streamity , and it`s work perfectly .

but. I have gigablue trio 4k pro reciver , and reciver have display showing the channel number or clock .

when i watching iptv on X-Streamity , it show clock and time how long I watched iptv . between it switches every second and it slightly irritates .

can it be somehow made to just display the clock ?

Set the display to off

OpenATV

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• XStreamity v4.09

New files on post 1

Automated the process now, of whether epg importer is required or not.
    Now epgimporter only populates if your provider uses custom sid epg satellite references. Most don't.

Which means I have now also removed the new option in playlist settings. As its no longer required to be a manual selection.

You can delete all xstreamity epgimporter files if you wish. The will be re-made if now required.

/etc/epgimport/

pontiak

• And a few people recently have asked how they can buy me a coffee/beer if they haven't got a paypal account.

I have just set up a new ko-fi site.

Support kiddac on Ko-fi! ❤️. ko-fi.com/kiddac
    Support kiddac On Ko-fi. Ko-fi lets you support the people and causes you love with small donations
    ko-fi.com

qrcode.png?v=10b8516e-71fa-49c8-bd24-d75bdcca051a?v=2

:hugging face: :hugging face:  :beer1: :beer1: :hugging face: :hugging face:  :winking face:

• I was browsing through plugin.py and noticed that streamtype 8193 was defined.

In the past I thought that that streamtype was specific for DreamOS but I was pointed out that that 8193 is a dummy.

Code
    Sep 11 20:28:44 dreambox enigma2[493]: [eServiceUri] 8193:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a....:NL| NPO 1 HD resolved to 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a.....:NL| NPO 1 HD - with suburi

You see that 8193 is being converted/resolved to 4097 and so it is easier in the end to just use streamtype 4097.

• XStreamity v4.12

New files on post 1

to be honest I have got a little confused here as I forgot to push my latest changes to github.

So I actually don't know if anything is different in these files or not, or whether this is just a re-release of 4.11 amends.

Best to update anyway so we are all in sync everywhere

• XStreamity v4.16

New files on post 1

More aspect ratio button tweaks. I gone back to the orginal method before v4.04
    Still doesn't work on my vu zero 4k on vix6.4.007 - maybe its just a box thing. (but I can see the aspect ratio change in video settings page - weird)

New code added in an attempt to pick up jbleyels filename amends :pouting face:

trying this method now.

Python
    try:
        from enigma import eAVSwitch
    except Exception:
        from enigma import eAVControl as eAVSwitch

if it doesn't work for newest openatv. Tough. They should stop unnecessary changing things thinking it has no consequences. Broke my plugins, e2iplayer, iptv_player, probably XC-plugin, and basically every other plugin that allows the user to change the aspect ratio.

• the problem is I have a custom class.

IPTVInfoBarShowHide():

and don't use the built in class
    InfoBarShowHide

they have changed this class, adding in a new variable that I don't have in my code.

Fixing it for openvix will probably break it for every other imagepasted-from-clipboard.png

I don't even know why I needed a custom class. It was quite a while ago I put that code in.

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!