X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player (new thread)

There are 447 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 607,038 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• I am running OpenVix on a Gigablue UE 4K.

I am trying to setup a "hotkey" to open XStreamity from within the EPG screen. I know you can use the Video button to go to the catchup menu, if available, but I want to go to the main XStreamity screen for searching and downloading a VOD file etc, and the EPG screen seems a sensible place to have that option.

I know which section of the keymap.xml file I need to add it to and have done it before for other keys - I've added Rew to be previous Bouquet and FF to be next Bouquet in the EPG screen as my universal remote doesn't have the extra prev/next buttons.

But what I can't find is the "mapto" string needed to open XStreamity?

Also I planned to use the Play button as the Hotkey but that seems to be blocked in the EPG screen as it comes up with a X on the screen when pressed. Where are the settings that determine if a key is acceptable in a particular screen? Or is it just that play is undefined in the EPG screen?

(EDIT sorted this myself - it's that is just wasn't defined, I tested it with PLAYPAUSE mapped to "info" and that works fine)

Final question (for today anyway!), I only have one playlist entry, so I have set the option in settings to bypass the playlist selection screen, but is there a way to directly go into the screen that shows "Live, VOD, Catchup" etc rather than starting at the "Playlists, Add Playlists" etc screen. I know it is only a single press of OK to get to but firstly, I'm a lazy sod, and secondly I am not sure it is a good idea to have any screen with settings on it available to my primary user!

Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by GeoffT ().

• Hi KiddaC,

good evening from Germany.

I use your Top-Plugin with my DM 920 UHD. Newnegma2-Image and Nuke Skin.

There are two Problems, may be, you have the answers. Using the Version 4.01 everything is working fine, until after a few Minutes the Streams stops, and the preview windows gets black screen, and the box freezes. With the Version 4.00 also everything works fin, but the search-Button (Blue-Taste) is not possible, the Search-Keypanel did not appear and the Box freezes. Without using the blue-button everything works fine.

Please excuse my english :weary face:

• aro1 try this version. But in playlist settings try switching between Stream Source URL: Standard or Direct Source

XStreamity V4.02
    New files on post 1.

Only a tiny update.

Amended location box callback, to prevent an openatv double open issue if changing playlist.txt location option. (hopefully not broke other images)

Tried to eliminate black screen freezes when zapping, by removing the stream log, and loading the picon after the stream. It seems to play alot better now.
    Added in seagens UHD skin files.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hello, i`m sorry, while too late late, but want to say Thanks again to KiddaC (hope the beer is arrived) and to @seagan for his great work, and tipps to make the plugin usebable.

For @seagan i have two logfiles. One ist a crashlog after a green Screen because using the Key 9 while the plugin was running. The second logfile was starting and using xstreamity. I have a DM 920UHD with a nuke skin.

Before i installed the Version 4,0 i often had a Black Hole, the Box must be restartet manually by switching off an on. Now (Version 4.02) it is working good for me. Thanks to all, for the great work. :smiling face with halo:

• Official Post

aro1 Looks like your provider use a lot of unicode based smiley like stars and other stuff

This seem to colide with Autopin and or Parental Control.

Have you activated Parental Control ?? if not check the settings for your Common Interface

• Official Post

KiddaC AutoPin is a plugin by @gutemine but that plugin is EOL

Plugin takes care of your Common Interface,

I have never used it so my guess is that it use the Parental Control settings

And automatic enter the Pin Code for Adult stuff

Gutemine has kindly provided the pineas plugin for DreamOS 2.5/2.6

It can be downloaded from BoxPirates and it has no dependency to gutemines feeds plugin.

So aro1 remove AutoPin and change to pineas. Not sure if that still will help you

[Plugin] Pineas - Boxpirates
    Ein Plugin das das Autopin Plugin von gutemine ersetzt. Wer jetzt fragen sollte wo das her kommt ? Hier die Antwort vom Author selbst Zitat: „Hi, as you…
    www.boxpirates.to

And TekCan

You also use an unsupported none DreamOS image on your Dreambox.

So this can be the problem. Xstreamity works just fine with ATV Image.

But that image is not supported by DreamProperty

• Just reading something on another forum about a new iptv app, and it made me think :light bulb:

We can have rewind on live channels if that channel has catchup, which doesn't have to use enigma2 timeshift (which is classed as a 2nd connection)

Because you for example can just call the timeshift api from a set time from now and play the catchup stream instead of the live stream.

Which can be triggered by pressing fast forward or rewind.

One for a rainy day :robot:

• Let me tell you why favourites series is difficult.

For each series we call these APIs

We get categories
    &action=get_series_categories
    pasted-from-clipboard.png

We get series names for that category
    &action=get_series&category_id=X

Once we got the data, we then need to get seasons by parsing the series info
    &action=get_series_info&series_id=X

Once we got the season, we then got to get the episodes for that season by re-parsing the series info
    Only then have I got the stream url to play.

Once we have got all that we are usually left with a programme called "Episode 1", Episode 2" or some short version like above etc
    Don't assume the provider has even named these anything other than Episode 1 or S01E01 in a lot of cases.
    I click favourite. It saves it as Episode 1. What does episode 1 mean????? What happens if I save another series called "episode 1"

If I add in the season before it... What does season 1, episode 1 mean????

If I add in any more values nothing is going to fit in my left column

The Terminal List - Season 1 - SO1E01 - The Engram.

• anyone reporting errors with serviceapp or gstreamer are not my plugins problem.

try the usual clean up first

opkg update

opkg remove enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp
    opkg remove exteplayer3
    opkg remove ffmpeg
    opkg install ffmpeg
    opkg install exteplayer3
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp
    opkg remove gstplayer
    opkg install gstplayer

And serviceapp should be set to enigma2 playback as original.
    only 5001 or 5002 to be set to others.

• XStreamity V4.06

New files on post 1

Put an error catch around the minidom pretty print code I put in.

It might have been causing a few issues.

And for those having infobar issues. Can you try latest release and see if it fixes your infobar not closing. 64pippo

• Why are people suddenly having issues with the infobar??

I don't know if it is suddenly and I saw from the moment I started to use Xstreamity. :smiling face with halo:

Then if there is no EPG available then it is still being shown. After the timeout it goes away. Pressing the OK button shows both again.

I activate during watching the infobar (lower) to but then in Xstreamity then the top bar is also show.

Maybe the when activating with OK the bar then show only the lowerbar and when you press OK again show also the topbar. And when you press OK again the both are hidden.

Lower bar shown, on OK -> show then show topbar also

Lower bar shown and also the topbar, on OK -> hide both

After zap both bars are shown, on OK -> hide both or wait for timeout

Edited once, last by msatter ().

• Request for change: when using download in chatch-up and when in Playlist Settings m3u8 as output is set then the item can't be downloaded. This because wget does not know how to handle a m3u8 item and that is two separate downloads.

Request is then to replace the extension m3u8 by ts, so that wget can download the item.

In other places in Xsteamity it not a problem because for Live it is then sent to steam device. In Vod and TV series other formats are being used like mpg, mkv etc.

Update: test now and the change has to be done in channels.py then def downloadVideo(self):

Code
                if exists is False:
                    if self.categoryname == "vod":
                        downloads_all.append([_("Movie"), title, stream_url, "Not Started", 0, 0])
                    elif self.categoryname == "series":
                        downloads_all.append([_("Series"), title, stream_url, "Not Started", 0, 0])
                    elif self.categoryname == "catchup":    
                        playurl = playurl.replace(".m3u8", ".ts")
                        downloads_all.append([_("Catch-up"), title, playurl, "Not Started", 0, 0])

The new line in the code displayed above is:

Code
    playurl = playurl.replace(".m3u8", ".ts")

Python wants TAB's and not spaces in front of the line.

It took me rather long to find the correct location. I expected it to tackle it in downloader.py but that is called much later. So it was a search for the source and that was in channels.py

Edited 4 times, last by msatter: Found finally the correct place to adapt this. ().

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!