Best HD Reciever

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,180 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• Hi..... Just wondering whats the best HD reciever for my mate, need it to have a usb port for recording and 7 day EPG, also he's on a bit of a budget so the cheaper the better... :-)

• You have already asked basically the same question HERE and got many a reply.
    The short answer is there is no one particular "cheap + cheerful " box that will fulfill your needs;
    You get what you pay for,no more no less.
    Sometimes the "bargain" can turn out costly.

• The old saying "you buy cheap you buy twice" springs to mind especially when you look at the ever increasing numbers of people reporting blown PSU's on the Vu clones. Personally i say the best receivers on the market are the Vu receivers ( the real ones not the clones ), and with the £ so strong at the moment you can get a really good deal from say Germany for a Duo around £260 ish.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• You get what you pay for,no more no less.

The old saying "you buy cheap you buy twice" springs to mind

If we dont support the originals how can they Develop the next Big thing for the copycots to clone ?
    @ the end of the day you'll buy a clone and be left wondering "

What IF" ...................

your not exactly gonna save hundreds so why bother ¬
    Be safe in the knowledge your supporting the Real Developers and not copycot china/iranian money grabbers who offer no real support either ! :moneygrubber:

Dreambox or Vu range mate and your sorted - Or go as cheap as possible and reside with the thoughts of

ahhh well i didn't lose it was only xxx £ £ £ cheapy box anyway

and you probably get a better one next time ? Back to pheonix buy twice quote !

Nothing is perfect though......Nothing ....Even i think the duo could have had a loop through --------- Even humax freesat boxs' has that :too_sad: LOL :matrix:

Stay cool ........ Destiny already decided some believe :burn_joss_stick:

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• It's well known that i am a supporter of original receivers and the development they bring to the hobby, Unlike the clone manufacturers who take all the profits without putting a penny back into the development side of things. now as far as loop through goes well i can take it or leave it be honest as it's not a feature i use. The internal loopthrough feature of the Duo is more than enough for my needs, for other receivers i have 3 dishes with a total of 14 feeds.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• for other receivers i have 3 dishes with a total of 14 feeds.

LOL
    Great Skillz Mr Pheonix :80:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• You have already asked basically the same question HERE and got many a reply.
    The short answer is there is no one particular "cheap + cheerful " box that will fulfill your needs;
    You get what you pay for,no more no less.

That was when i was looking for one with a dual tuner....... i then got a vu duo..... Now i am looking for one without a dual tuner......... which is why i am asking again.........

• Campbell,

Probably should of stated that just to save on confusion lol :)

I wont go over the ins and outs of clones e.t.c as i am yet to find a company in the UK (even Europe) that actually makes and builds these components/boxes themselves from scratch (all in house)

i actually brought a apparent 'Orginal' only to find a Quality Control slip in Chinese so you make your assumptions on that?

In answer to the actual question i supposed you could look at the following

Sub £100

***/Open boxes s11,s12 F3 (F3 looks best as has more components/faster processor on back but is new, S11 is more stable)
    You will be limited to GUI on these, EPG and Recording available but dont expect anything fancy although F3 UI looks ok.

Eaglebox - Through our site sponsor SAT-SHOP.CO.UK (Basic box but you are also buying piece of mind as support e.t.c will be there)

Just Over £100 - £150
    Then your into

Dreamboxes - Very popular, (i dont have one) but i think in general more can be done/added to these then the cheaper boxes, loads of support

Gigablue - Well supported more funcionality, nice box e.t.c

VU Duo - Not much more you can add on the VU range, (However this is in the list as the Clone Price not the as an Original Supplied by UK e.t.c prob £50-£100 more)

So the question now probably is, what sort of functionality does he want, is he bothered e.t.c?

Have fun choosing

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!