Info for Beginner

• Hi Guys,

i'm very new here and a beginner , even if i'm owning STBs since long time, but now i want to start the Linux STB "adventure".

I have linux-server knowledge as a user with some programming/config capabilities but this linux-sat represent a very new experience.

I would like to buy a "box" to receive both S2 & T2 4K transmissions (including Tivusat bouquet due to some receiving-wave limitations on T2) and i'm also interested to a multiroom feature and the hbbtv and SAT>IP are also interesting.

My house is fully covered by a strong mesh wifi and i'm lucky to have a FTTC @200mbps connection.

Actually i'm looking to the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K with the double dvb-c /t2 (H.265) option.

So, my questions are (and i hope you team can help me) :

1) Is this, one of the possible good choice ?

2) what should be better , as image, Team blue or OpenATV ?

3) if i want to continue to use the current Tivusat CAM & Card (not 4K, so no gold card) that i'm currently using on my SAT-HD, it will be possible?

4) If i want to upgrade to Tivusat gold (for 4K transmissions) can i buy only the card and use some available softcam?

Any, helps, comments, suggestions, critics are more than welcome and thanks in advance for that!

• seagen

Approved the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!