can a gt media v8 sat finder move motorised dish ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 456 times. The last Post () by the goat.

• hi folks

think old age has hit me hard lately, just can't get my head around re setting my motorised dish

had to put connect up my old VU+ solo2 as vu+ uno 4k se been sent back to WoS as its got HW fault

not used the motorised dish since end of last football season so think the dish has moved slightly

can i use gt media V8 sat finder to move the dish ? if so how do i do it (I'm sure i did move dish with it in the spring but brain just can't think about it)

or do i have to drive dish with the vu+ solo2

33dd324fb1ef07a.jpg

Edited once, last by the goat ().

• Official Post

i dont know about your specific sat finder but it should have a go to X function ?

TBH i rarely use a meter now, the sat box and a phone app to show signal is all i use now days.

This app

https://play.google.com/store/…sat.finder&hl=en_GB&gl=US

there is a video that explains it.

• yesi used to do it with phone and buzzing meter, but got one of these meter boxes as thought it would be easier to have meter with me by the dish as i'm fine tuning (instant of getting up/down ladder and going inside to check tv, have had tv & stb on table in garden so i could see from dish)

5 months ago had to fine tune (as i'd done so roof work and knocked dish) worked out how to do it with meter did it in mins, but this time i can't get my head in gear over last few months brains got all fuzzy

• think this is how its done

To move dish

MENU

ANTENNA CONNECT motor

SATELLITE LIST 0.8w 13e 19e (ones I mostly use)

SETUP (yellow button)

MOTOR TYPE usals

MOTOR SETTINGS

SELECT SATELLITE (top box) dish should move to satellite

• not sure but they do have a support forum not sure if I can post link but just in case you do not have manual for device I have uploaded it.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!