New to oscam

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 782 times. The last Post () by lme.

• Hi Guys I've recommissioned my motorized dish and now need to install oscam ready to start testing lines,I used to use cccam and can remember when I first was figuring out what I was doing it drove me crazy until I cracked it, unfortunately, I find myself in the same situation,I seem to add this add that and not really know what I'm doing there's so many different how to's that are so different.

Can anyone suggest any good guides? when I receive a test I don't know 100% if I've set it upright or the server is crap lol

I'm running the latest vix image.

really appreciate your help guys

• its a vuduo+2 and vix image

I use VIX image on my Vu+ zero from the moment i got the box.

I suggest the simple way to install oscam is to flash the box with the latest image bin from openvix site (hXXp://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/), and during the initial set up process (do you want to install plugins: press yes), install the latest oscam version listed in plugins/softcam menu. it will install the oscam (in my box is in usr/softcam folder), & the config files (in my box located in etc/tuxbox/config folder. I'm using the good old Dreambox Control Center for Enigma2 (DCC-E2) program to acces the folders on my box. (download DCC-E2 from here: hXXp://www.bernyr.de/dcce2/index.html)

Remember to change the pass for your box before using DCC; it's a new feature of openvix image now.

As soon as you open the config folder you can modify all files according to your info., and you can add the SofCam.key file in this folder. All the files will have the right attribute assigned when you download the latest oscam.

NIHIL SINE DEO !

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!