Gigablue UE 4K changing startup image using FTP

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 667 times. The last Post () by tommiedepommie.

• Hello,

I was updating my Gigablue UE 4K receiver (Pure6.5) and after a reboot, it displayed only the startup logo. I tried disconnecting it from power but no result.

I tried accessing it using webif but that doesn't work either. Then I tried Filezilla and I can connect to the box.

There are multiple images on the receiver, is it possible to activate/copy one of them so I can boot normally and after that, re-install Pure2 again?

Thank you very much

Tom

• Not tried on that receiver but I've had success doing this:

There should be a 'boot' folder in the root of your flash.

Rename one of the other numbered STARTUP(_1, _2 etc) files to STARTUP and reboot.

It might be worth copying STARTUP_2 for example to your desktop and then rename it and copy it back so that the original remains.

• I have had problems after bad flash before on Gigablue UHD QUAD 4k , and have used putty to connect to the box examples below just change startup number to partition you want I could not boot to startup_1 primarypartitoin so I entered:

cd /boot

cp STARTUP_2 STARTUP

reboot

to boot from partition 2 then once booted I could recover image backup to partition 1 i,e,

STARTUP_1

so just change startup numbers to suite

cd /boot

cp STARTUP_1 STARTUP

reboot

or

cd /boot

cp STARTUP_2 STARTUP

reboot

or

cd /boot

cp STARTUP_3 STARTUP

reboot

Just examples but hopfully give you some info on how it works.

• Hello,

thank you for your quick reply. After copying the startup file, the receiver didn't boot either and FTP access was impossible.

I flashed the receiver using USB and I have to install from scratch. A good way to update all settings and applications. :-)

Because I installed a SSD, I have several backup's so my initial settings are not lost.

Thank you for your support. I'm back in the air

greetings Tom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!