Bootloader Needed For Vu+DUO

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,122 times. The last Post () by regenold.

• James20,

Shouldnt really post here mate as this is just for plugin updates e.t.c!

But in answer to your question have a look here

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=7769

Steps are the same as flashing an image but it should be all in there for you to follow!

Ps Just drop a quick introduction before anyone pulls you up on it!

If you want to start a thread/ask a question go to the relevent topic area e.g Vu Addons, Bootloaders .e.t.c and post a thread there!

hope this helps anyway!

Beat me Master G :)

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• When you flashed the bootloader did the Duo panel say updating from Usb although it is quick and then remove and reboot?

Is it a clone or Orginal?

lssdalogo.png

• im assuming its original, how can you tell? when i turn it on the usb lights on for 2secs and the display just stuck on starting. can not see anything on the tv either.

• No it shouldnt be for that price? :)

Just try the following steps,

Format USB Fat32
    Add the bootloader to that in the file/folder format
    Plug in and switch on VU (Ensure Duo screen says 'reading usb' and then flicks to 'remove and reboot'

Did you have an image on prior? if not load an image onto it
    Download image from forum and add that to usb (remove bootloader) in file/folder format
    Plug into duo and switch on ' you should get again reading from usb and then remove and reboot!
    remove and reboot and image should load up!

Stupid but have to ask! Your connection to you TV is ok? HDMI plugged in e.t.c may be worth a double check!

lssdalogo.png

• Not a very talkative person on the phone my friend sorry :(

Post your info here, we are all friends and it will make it clearer to decipher!

Will also help anyone else who has the same kind of problem,

We will get you there mate don't worry

lssdalogo.png

• right first my power supply went dead, got that repaired, got back today. it did have an image on it previously and was being installed before it blew up. so now when i turn it on it stuck on starting.... and when the usb is plugged in it dose not read it, not doing anything... cant get my head round it. tried re-setting numerous of times and left it on, still nothing.

i purchased a new usb stick should i be deleting whatever is already on there or should i just leave it?? its already formatted to fat32

• if the receiver is 18 months old it's a original as the clones were not released that long ago. as for your problem it's likely as a result of the box failing mid way through the image flash, you could try loading a 2.6.18 kernel image via a null modem cable ( the image will have to be dated before November 2011 and in a .nfi format ). Although i suspect you may have a lost cause on your hands if it did indeed fail during the flashing proccess.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• James my friend my feeling is it could be something else wrong when it blew up!

Try formating usb as fat32 in windows just in case but the problem could lie else where

Fingers crossed

lssdalogo.png

• the few cases we had on here relating to stuck on starting have been to do with usb pen drives - try a different pen drive format fat32 and load bootloader cfe file.

Switch box off, plug in usb pen, switch on wait till it says remove and reboot - switch box off and remove usb.

Then

Find yourself an image u want to use and put it on usb pen drive (make sure you remove the bootloader folder from pen drive), plug it into box and switch it on again wait till it says remove and reboot - switch box off remove pen drive wait a few seconds then switch box back on.

• I agree with S1m0nw, Out of god knows how many usb sticks I have, only one will work for flashing from front usb port, most of the others work fine when plugged into back ports for epg/picons etc.
    A top brand stick may not work and the cheapest knock off work...
    Also make sure not to flick the power on and off fast, allow plenty of seconds.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!