OpenPLi - ​Cool TV Guide appearing for only Milliseconds

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,156 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

Cool TV Guide appearing for only Milliseconds

Years ago on an old Enigma2 OpenPli 6.0 software, I used Cool TV Guide .. but after a software update it stopped working.
    Later I tried it on another receiver with OpenPli 7 ... it also didn't work.

I've now bought a new receiver with OpenPli 8 and want to use Cool TV Guide but it ALSO doesn't work.

I have now downloaded and installed version 7.6 but when I try to use Cool TV Guide, it only flashes for a few milli-seconds and disappears.

Has anyone any idea for a solution?

Current receiver Otagon SF8008 4K

Previous receiver VU+ Duo2 2K (also didn't work on OpenPli 6 or 7)

Enigma 8.1 (21-08-2021)

OpenPli 8 (30-08-2021)

Python 2.7.18

• Official Post

You would probably be better off using the grid EPG built into the image. Single EPG as well as other EPG screens are also available. Set your preferences with hotkey.

If you long press the EPG button, you will the various options. Hotkey will allow you to set the one to use on short press. I have set red button to single epg like on Vix

• abu baniaz

Changed the title of the thread from “​Cool TV Guide appearing for only Milliseconds” to “OpenPLi - ​Cool TV Guide appearing for only Milliseconds”.
  • You would probably be better off using the grid EPG built into the image. Single EPG is also there. Set your preferences with hotkey.

OpenPli 8 has a VERY annoying problem with the built in EPG, it refreshes the whole screen EVERY TIME you move the cursor.

It makes it totally unuseable.

• Official Post

OpenPli 8 has a VERY annoying problem with the built in EPG, it refreshes the whole screen EVERY TIME you move the cursor.

I don't see this, there is no refreshing when I scroll. Please explain more how this is happening.

Also, any particular reason why you are using 8.0 instead of 8.1

• OpenPli 8 has a VERY annoying problem with the built in EPG, it refreshes the whole screen EVERY TIME you move the cursor.

I don't see this, there is no refreshing when I scroll. Please explain more how this is happening.

Also, any particular reason why you are using 8.0 instead of 8.1

The new receiver came with 8.0 installed...
    I've just gone and checked it on a 2nd receiver (same) I have and the refreshing DOESN'T happen on that one ..🤒
    So there's either a setting I need to find .. or there's a SW issue between the two.

However I'd still like to get Cool TV Guide working ..

I used it till about 3 years ago and I far preferred it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!