Upgrade to Dreambox two / Vu+ Duo 4k? 🤔

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,946 times. The last Post () by car123.

• Dreambox two vs Duo 4k? 29

1. Upgrade to Vu+ duo 4k Se (11) 38%
    2. Upgrade to Dreambox two (10) 34%
    3. Stay with edision Mio+ (8) 28%

Hi everyone, I own Edision mio+ 4k,and everything is okay with it regarding picture quality, various supporting images and feed hunting..

My ego and selfish need to try Dreambox two and the new 2.6 with its powerful 53k DMIPS cpu keeping me restless! 😊🙄

Please advice, with my questions :

1-Should I upgrade ?! Or should I stay with edision?

2- is Dream Os is of any good?

3-does DM two support other images? Even if not official. What are the best ones?

4-as been told before, does picture quality is away better in DM compared to Edision?

5-does it play Feed 4:2:2 Directly??!

Finally I am leaning to Dreambox cause it is future proof, New 2.6, New image, snappy performance, new turbo cpu.. These all benefits are not in vu+ duo and I feel that vu+ is just new premium of which I have already own (open source), but DM is in another league..

Thanks all

Edited 2 times, last by Dory52 ().

• Official Post

I cant comment on the Dreambox as never used one, but i think your find many disappointed customers if you google it.

I had the duo 4k.....sold it and bought a used ultimo 4k - simply so i could blind scan with there old tuner modules. VU+ FBC tuners do not blind scan.

The edison os mio 4k is renowned as having one of the best blind scan tuners in the e2 range.

No e2 device plays 4.2.2 feeds directly, and i doubt it will happen anytime soon either.

• I cant comment on the Dreambox as never used one, but i think your find many disappointed customers if you google it.

I had the duo 4k.....sold it and bought a used ultimo 4k - simply so i could blind scan with there old tuner modules. VU+ FBC tuners do not blind scan.

The edison os mio 4k is renowned as having one of the best blind scan tuners in the e2 range.

No e2 device plays 4.2.2 feeds directly, and i doubt it will happen anytime soon either.

First thanks for the reply, Second, Blind scan as you said is perfect but it is not a daily practice function as I did not use it couple of times only, regarding DM I googled already and I think all comments turns around about new 2.6 compatibility with plugins and dab vs ipk issues, and not as easy as open source e2, but I assume picture quality is top!.do you concur?! Or heard of that?.

Also duo is so big for my taste.

• Official Post

Then let me fill in about the Dreambox Two UHD.

The box is rocket fast and have a picture quality that matches any other device. Blindscan works okey but is not the best on the market.

But then again the BlindScans function is for most users not neeeded,

There are plenty of images to select from. But if you are not a very skilled person stay clear of all the unofficial OpenAlliance images.

It's here you find the unhappy customers who have flashed and image not supported by DreamProperty. And when they later flash a DreamOS based image and restore the settings they end up with a broken bootloader/rescue loader. Never restore any settings when switching from diffrent images.

And all this arguments that the enigma2 source is closed as an option for not choosing a Dreambox.

Well let me say it like this. How many users have the need to to do changes to the enigma2 source code or skills?

Images comes with all the python file uncompiled.

Also Python 3 is comming soon with the latest OE for Dreambox Seven. This OE will apply to Dreambox One/TWO/Seven

Yes there is a diffrence when it comes to the package system (ipk and deb)

If you are a Linux user then the deb package system should not be a problem, If not then you learn fast

Most plugins works just fine but there are plugins for Open Alliance that does not work and vice versa.

If you are using E2iPlayer then Dreambox is not for you. But instead you can use MediaPortal.

In the end if you want something new then go for the Dreambox Two UHD. If you like what you have and only want and HW upgrade go for the Vu+Duo4Kse

If you really want something new stick with your Edison and wait for the Dreambox Seven

• Really Woow 👌, you have already answered every aspect of my inquiry in just a few words, thanks alot bro,, I will stick with edision for now, as I can see that, and for you knowledge, it serves me well and I am not ready YET for this hard time I will face for sure with dreambox two, regarding bootloader and these kind of hard stuffs that will eventually will end up tossing it in the garbage, or break the TV..

One last question please🙏🏻, what is so attractive and noval in dreambox seven rendering you to recommend and worth the wait over DM two?!, aren't they the same? I know it is the successor of 920 with upgraded cpu and CI and Ssd, I mean what is the reason to pick this particular upgrade for me..

Thanks in advance

• Official Post

Well if you really need a new toy now then of cause the Dreambox Two is a good choice :)

Price is good HW is amazing and images are realy good as long as you stick to images built on DreamOS.

You don't spend a lot of money to buy a Mac and then install Windows on it ;)

I just think that the Seven will be something to wait for. You have a pretty good box at the moment so changing is probably more a need for something new ;)

But if you where to buy an Dreambox Two you want be disappointed :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• You are right, Dreambox seven then ✌️

Thanks alot dear friend, much appreciated 💯

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!