Tuner's FBC Legacy and Unicable.

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,287 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hi.

I will be make same new satellite project.

And I have question about configuration FBC tuner.

It will be 3 LNB (3 different satellite).

2xLNB Legacy witch DiSEqC connected to tuner A.

and Unicable to tuner B.

I would like to assign tuners:

A - 2x lnb 1 and 2x lnb 2

B - 4x unicable lnb 3

will it work?

Thanks.

• I don't think you would have any problem. You can connect up to 4 lnb to each tuner by switches or up to 4 lnb to one tuner and a motorized antenna to other tuner

• Official Post

If it is the same person as on another forum, getting info from him was like getting blood out of stone. I stopped wasting my time when he refused to answer questions properly.

His description/question does not make proper sense. Depending on how you interpret his question the most straight forward answer is "no". He is looking at about £700 for multi-position Unicable switches. That price may have come down.

You configure a tuner based on what is connected to it. He could use universal LNBs on a diseqc switch to one socket/root tuner. Enigma2 allows up to 64 LNBs even on non-FBC tuners. However, you can only use one at a time because of the limitations of a diseqc switch.

If he then attaches a Unicable LNB to the other socket/root tuner, he can configure 7 tuners to that LNB. Unicable 1 LNBs usually have 4 SCR, so if using one of those, he woudl be limited to 4. The 3 other tuners will be in FBC automatic, i.e internal loop-through.

VU+ UNO 4K SE PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!