Restore enigma2 image on slot 1 when other slots lock up and won't boot

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,167 times. The last Post () by oottppxx.

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • i know it but without flashing usb is it possible ?

Front button press in start booting or diffrent mode is possible or not ?

Don't know if possible on zgemma but on gigablue if network is available you can use putty to login and:

cd /boot

cp STARTUP_1 STARTUP

reboot

or

cd /boot

cp STARTUP_2 STARTUP

reboot

examples of just two partitions you can edit to suit.

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Back to Slot1” to “Restore enigma2 image on slot 1 when other slots lock up and won't boot”.
  • I don't know zgemma h7 startup slot names but on zgemma h9 combo they are:

STARTUP

STARTUP_ANDROID

STARTUP_ANDROID_DISABLE_LINUXSE

STARTUP_LINUX_1

STARTUP_LINUX_2

STARTUP_LINUX_3

STARTUP_LINUX_4

STARTUP_RECOVERY

so perhaps :

cd /boot

cp STARTUP_LINUX_1 STARTUP

reboot

may work

• please try this with FTP over telnet:

Code
    init 4
    mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot
    cp /boot/STARTUP_1 /boot/STARTUP
    reboot
  • if network working is no problem edit /boot/STARTUP file and after all

but if only boot is displayed there is no help fot it ?

only usb recowery is the solution?

You probably want to carefully read this: https://github.com/oottppxx/en…master/bootflash/zgemmah7

Also, I haven't played with it for a long time, but as far as I remember, the issue of booting back into slot 1 via pressing the front panel button during boot _not_working_anymore_ is related to how partitions are named in the boot loader; the newest images changed the old partition layout, but most boxes never updated the bootloader, so that functionality stopped working (don't recall now if you could get an updated bootloader with the new partition names, but it's also a risky procedure to update it risks bricking your box).

• Also, I haven't played with it for a long time, but as far as I remember, the issue of booting back into slot 1 via pressing the front panel button during boot _not_working_anymore_ is related to how partitions are named in the boot loader; the newest images changed the old partition layout, but most boxes never updated the bootloader, so that functionality stopped working (don't recall now if you could get an updated bootloader with the new partition names, but it's also a risky procedure to update it risks bricking your box).

as i remember it used to work in first images versions

now it is not supported and it is wrong :(

• Also, I haven't played with it for a long time, but as far as I remember, the issue of booting back into slot 1 via pressing the front panel button during boot _not_working_anymore_ is related to how partitions are named in the boot loader; the newest images changed the old partition layout, but most boxes never updated the bootloader, so that functionality stopped working (don't recall now if you could get an updated bootloader with the new partition names, but it's also a risky procedure to update it risks bricking your box).

as i remember it used to work in first images versions

now it is not supported and it is wrong :(

It's supported if there was a bootloader update, spot the differences on these 2 Mut@ant HD51 bootloaders:

hd51bolt107r27 (new)

$ strings hd51-bolt.bin | grep emm | grep flash

emmcflash0.linuxkernel

boot emmcflash0.linuxkernel 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs1 kernel=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait'

emmcflash0.kernel

boot emmcflash0.kernel 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait'

emmcflash0.kernel1

boot emmcflash0.kernel1 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rw rootwait'

emmcflash0.boot

xflash -forceerase usbdisk0:hd51/disk.img emmcflash0

hd51bolt107r19 (old)

$ strings hd51-bolt.bin | grep emm | grep flash

emmcflash0.kernel

boot emmcflash0.kernel 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait'

emmcflash0.kernel1

boot emmcflash0.kernel1 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rw rootwait'

emmcflash0.boot

xflash -forceerase usbdisk0:hd51/disk.img emmcflash0

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!