Budweiser plugin

There are 91 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,580 times. The last Post () by oottppxx.

• I've created https://github.com/oottppxx/en…/master/plugins/budweiser to basically audio dub a service audio w/some other stream, using gstreamer and other binaries already present in the box.

Although not just a radio plugin, it works nicely overlapping internet radio streams over the current service audio.

Let me know about any questions that aren't answered in the README, or any suggestions.

• Hi.

I have stream from other sat E2 receiver and i can use BBC5 or TalkSport ... thats it ... I just need to delay this stream ...

Ok, you have a service stream (video+audio) from another (remote) E2 receiver, and want to use the audio of said stream over the current service audio on the (local) E2 decoder?

• master G

Added the Label Budweiser
  • BBC5 is radio (E2 receiver) ... so i want to add radio stream to a tv channel (other E2 receiver) and i need delay radio stream by +/- 6 seconds

Stream link looks like this:

Code
    IP:port/1:0:2:1901:7FF:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

(with IPAudio i can receive stream from other E2 receiver, problem is only the delay by some time ...) Good is also launch of plugin ... he uses long hold Audio buttom ... so try to use long hold other buttom. Good is bigger size on screen ... he is using bigger font

Thanks

Edited once, last by ivo2001 ().

• You can check out the new sources.json examples, I added an E2URL opType that MIGHT work for you (it really depends on the stream you're getting): https://github.com/oottppxx/en…ns/budweiser/sources.json.

You need to edit it for the right IP:PORT, and replace the one in the plugin directory (check the README if you don't know the path).

For delay, you can play around w/buffers (again, check the README).

Streaming Radio5 from the internet seems a lot easier, though, in fact the file also has such stream in it, coincidentally, why not use it?

I've also noticed memory seems a bit leaky, with this gstreamer pipeline, so... YMMV, it's possible you'll end up with a bluescreen after some time, due to hitting some out of memory error.

P.S. - Moved the E2RADIOURL opType to E2URL, to make it more generic, you can use either a radio or a tv channel. If there are multiple audio sources, it's not really that easy (or I don't know how yet) to pick one without adding an explicit demux audio pad name, that might vary per channel, so not really adding any specific fields for that, although it would be possible to do so eventually, assuming one would know the pad names.

• 6.2.3e has the builtin e2url examples.

6.2.3f fixed the TG4 Saorview example (still had an old opType and non-localhost address).

6.2.3g added MP3URLhttp-only opType and examples (no need for wget when mp3 stream is http instead of https).

6.2.3h again has no code change but just minor verbiage and sources.json updates.

• hi does this work on GigaBlue UHD QUAD 4K?

I can not hear anything. The channel audio is muted but the radio does not play.

Edited once, last by master G: Translate. Please post in English Only! ().

• Hi.

I installed latest version add E2 link (or links --- i tested two) but not working ... my links working i tested with VLC or Ziko plugin. Did you tested ?

I added here:

["Radio5 (E2)", "E2URL", "http://10.0.1.30:8001/1:0:2:1600:1000:1:CFDACE7:0:0:0:", "E2 Radio Streaming", 1, true],

Best could be set behind link delay ...

Did you set the delay as whole for E2 streams ? Best could b each radio

stream could b delayed by different number of second ...

"E2URL": [

"/bin/sh", "-c",

"/usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=%(URL)s ! tsdemux ! audio/mpeg ! fdsink fd=1 |/usr/bin/mpg123 -o wav -|/usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc fd=0 ! decodebin ! queue2 use-buffering=true max-size-buffers=%(BUFFERS)s max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 ! %(DEVICE)s"

Here is part of your config ... (if all ok) ... time=0 ... instead of 0 can i add my number of second ? Can i add for example 6.5 seconds ?

Users outside of UK can not use the your link to BBC5 ... there is

VPN needed. Your stream BBC5 is about 30s delayed behind tv channels ... streams from 28e or 27w is up-front when compare of most of TV channels ...

ivo

• Yes, I did test with the streams provided by my box/distro (zgemma h7c/openatv6.2). No idea what your box is providing, which is why I said it _might_ work for you. I even made it work for both radio and tv (extracting audio only) channels in a more generic way. Some boxes don't stream the same way, using the same codecs or whatever.

You can set the delay via the remote, each time you invoke the plugin. Each time a stream starts, it probably won't have the same delay, namely internet streams, so it's a bit useless to set it in the file, you'd always have to tweak it, I thought. Also, not really sure this would be used that often, or that you can't spend a few seconds setting the delay (e.g., if you're watching footie, you might set it once every 90m or so...). Also, see next paragraph.

As you noticed, yes, you can tweak the config and create new optypes, for instance, you can create a E2URL6.5secs optype (or whatever you want to call it) and modify the parameters for queue2, then use that for all the streams that you think are going to take a delay of 6.5 seconds. I didn't use max-size-time=%(NSECONDS)s, for example, because I didn't find it very exact or even working, but you can try setting max-size-time to 6500000000 (time is expressed in ns there); just make sure to set max-size-buffers as 0, then - let us know how it works for you.

Well, I'm not in the UK, but can get to that radio stream fine, so had no idea. When I use the internet radio stream for BBC5, I don't find it delayed, quite the contrary if anything. Again, everyone's experience is different, which is why the configuration is quite flexible to allow one to tweak it.

• For folks that complain "it doesn't work for me" - that's useless if you haven't activated the debug file and collected and added the output. Even with debug output is sometimes hard to tell what the issue might be, much harder to impossible without it.

• oottppxx:

On Sunday when ai tested i had same problem as kmy78 wrote ... no sound. Audio from TV channel muted and no radio stream ...

Why delay? When you set BBC5/TalkSport against European TV sports channels ... radios are few seconds upfront

On Sunday i also tested the link of BBC5 that is in plugin ... it worked without VPN ... we will see how long. Stream was almost OK to TV pic

Untill now sports commentaries are UK only ...

If you can add ... add link to TalkSport

ivo

On Sunday when ai tested i had same problem as kmy78 wrote ... no sound. Audio from TV channel muted and no radio stream ...

On Sunday i also tested the link of BBC5 that is in plugin ... it worked without VPN ... we will see how long. Stream was almost OK to TV pic

If it works sometimes, but not others, there's no fundamental issue with the pluggin+box+distro combination, which is at least some good news: as I said before, unless you activate debug and provide its output for checking, preferably an example of when it's working and another for when it's not, there's nothing I can do to help.

Why delay? When you set BBC5/TalkSport against European TV sports channels ... radios are few seconds upfront

I'm well aware why folks want delay, that's why the buffering setting is in the plugin - not quite sure the point you're trying to make here.

Untill now sports commentaries are UK only ...

What do you mean? The commentary will be in whatever language the alternative audio stream you pick is broadcast in...

If you can add ... add link to TalkSport

The streams in sources.json are just examples to be built on - last I looked, the URL for the talksports stream is available, namely from the site I've put in the readme notes, go check it out and add it to the file yourself? Keep your own sources.json file backed up somewhere, so you could quickly reuse it whenever the plugin gets updated.

• For anyone having issue's with getting this to work.

Make sure you have downmix selected, make sure 3D Surround is set to off and make sure Auto volume level is also set to off.

Then it should work for you.

Make sure you have downmix selected, make sure 3D Surround is set to off and make sure Auto volume level is also set to off.

Thanks for that: did you test in a specific system? There were some conflicting reports about it, but good to know what folks can try.

Thanks for that: did you test in a specific system? There were some conflicting reports about it, but good to know what folks can try.

I have tested them all, the only ones that don't work for me are:

Cope
    Once
    TG4
    Radio5 E2

All the others work fine for me, once the above settings are used.

• Thanks (again)! Can you share your system details? Decoder/software distribution?

Not sure why Cope and Once wouldn't work, but TG4 and Radio5 E2 are dependent on how you have your tuners configured and which streams you haev on your box, of course - mostly, sources.json has examples on _how_ to be used, for the various opTypes and providing several examples (that can be even improved on); the idea is that folks will edit that file to only have sources/commands they find relevant :-)

• Ultimo4K with OpenBh 5.1 (beta image) but it will be the same with all images, those options also need to be disabled to get system sounds in Kodi.

Maybe it's possible for you to disable those settings, when the plugin is used, and then re-enable when the plugin is exited (no idea if it's possible or not, just maybe something you could look into) ?

TG4 is listed as soarview so I would assume a ka band lnb is required, so makes sense that it doesn't work for me.

Not sure on Radio 5 E2 yet (not looked at it), however it works fine with my own settings too, so it's not a plugin issue.

Could I suggest you rename the CTRL^Z to Exit or Quit or something like that, as more users will understand that option imo.

Also make the list box a little bigger as some user specified channels have longer names and don't fit the box dimensions set in the plugin (obviously skinners can update skins to resize this, but for the time being it would be nice to have the default listbox large enough for most filenames).

Also could you include a png file that will work with 1080 skins aswell as sd (sd uses 100x40 and hd use 150x60), again just a request not a demand or anything.

• Also whilst I am requesting for things to be added / changed.

Do you know if it would be possible to add a video delay option (or even have it as another plugin that could be used in conjunction with Budweiser) ?

Sometimes you could use a feed for the video feed that is ahead of the audio stream you use, in this instance you can't ever get them to sync up and using timeshift is not possible when using this plugin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!