Budweiser plugin

There are 91 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,723 times. The last Post () by oottppxx.

• Thanks, I'll update the README for that box/distro.

Also thanks for the suggestions, but I'll just keep it as is - the code is public, I'm fine if folks want to improve on it (hopefully w/some attribution :-)

• Also whilst I am requesting for things to be added / changed.

Do you know if it would be possible to add a video delay option (or even have it as another plugin that could be used in conjunction with Budweiser) ?

Sometimes you could use a feed for the video feed that is ahead of the audio stream you use, in this instance you can't ever get them to sync up and using timeshift is not possible when using this plugin.

You can try using timeshift fo the video.

• Also whilst I am requesting for things to be added / changed.

Do you know if it would be possible to add a video delay option (or even have it as another plugin that could be used in conjunction with Budweiser) ?

Sometimes you could use a feed for the video feed that is ahead of the audio stream you use, in this instance you can't ever get them to sync up and using timeshift is not possible when using this plugin.

You can try using timeshift fo the video.

Oh, timeshift isn't possible? Hard luck then, no idea what would delay the video - in theory it would be possible with a gstreamer pipeline, but good luck grabbing the videosink from enigma2.

• Also make the list box a little bigger as some user specified channels have longer names and don't fit the box dimensions set in the plugin (obviously skinners can update skins to resize this, but for the time being it would be nice to have the default listbox large enough for most filenames).

Put some skin geometry settings on the sources.json file, but I've only tested on OpenATV 6.2, not sure if other distros would go crazy with it.

• Also make the list box a little bigger as some user specified channels have longer names and don't fit the box dimensions set in the plugin (obviously skinners can update skins to resize this, but for the time being it would be nice to have the default listbox large enough for most filenames).

Put some skin geometry settings on the sources.json file, but I've only tested on OpenATV 6.2, not sure if other distros would go crazy with it.

That works, except font size only changes the Buf,: line not the size of the items in the list ?

That works, except font size only changes the Buf,: line not the size of the items in the list ?

Try the new version then... that should be it for options from my side :-)

Try the new version then... that should be it for options from my side :-)

Yep that sorted it.

All good now, thanks :)

• Ahh I found an issue.

If you increase the "skin_list_font_size" more than 24, the selection bar is too small and covers the text.

Is it possible you can increase this value so that it is automatically +2 larger than the "skin_list_font_size" ?

i.e. if "skin_list_font_size": 28 is set then the selection bar would automatically be set to size 30.

8a211f6f58c8b75cea52d4195.jpg

• Hi.

First - thank you for exelent work ... plugin working

on my Octagon 8008 and OpenATV 6.4 !

I must notice ... i installed clean OpenATV 6.4 with no other

set up except scan of one transponder for testing. I wanted

install plugin but not possible.

First must b installed - ServiceApp from plugin feed

(i use player exteplayer3 - is this correct ???)

OK ... i installed plugin succesfully ... and i tried to test it

I succesfully tried Absolute Radio 80s+90s (28e) ... link from

my local network AZ Box 61 (img OpenATV 6.4) ... strange is that TalkSport radio that is on same transponder NOT working :( ... just silence - This i would need: (if possible)

This i would need: (if possible)

I also tried BBC5 (BISS - 27w) from my local network - DM520 (img Merlin OE 2.5) - not working

This i would need: (if possible)

I set to E2 link place ... link to BBC5 (28E) but NOT working (link working in VLC) (this is probably that server (DM8000) has NewNigma2 img ... this is not local at me ... from friend in France, port is not 8001 ... UK beam

I also tested Absolute radio from remote server (VU - OpenPli, from France) - not working

I tested setting delay ... yes working ... radio starts in 8s ... if set buffer 500 sound starts in 17s ...

I tested receiver (server) with OpenXXX img ... radios stream starts in 12 or more seconds in VLC or other players. Best way to get quick sound in to have DM (may b any, tested DM8000) and install NewNigma2 ...

Ivo

• Thanks! The plugin shouldn't depend on ServiceApp, what error message did you get?

There's a lot of things I won't be able to test - either because I don't have the right decoder, or the right image, or the right satellite, or all at once :-)

Since you did mention VLC, test with it and make sure the URLs are working there, and check/compare the codecs used by the various streams from the various boxes. Once that's working, try it out in the plugin. If it doesn't play, you might need to go to the decoder terminal/command line and play a bit with the gstreamer pipeline - at least, run the command listed on the opType, with the right URL (you can use always 100 or 200 for buffers, to test here), and check the output/error messages to see what needs fixing, if anything. Once that's established, it's just a matter of modifying the sources.json file to fix or add opTypes.

If you find something super different, let me know, and I'll add it to the example sources.json file.

Good luck!

• Hi.

ServiceApp - i installed your plugin over menu in OpenATV ... no error message ... just announce 0 pack was installed

After ServiceApp installed ... it shows 7 packs installed ... after box restart ... plugin working

VLC - all my streams i tested in VLC - all working

So far as i know plugin working with E2 streams only if server (resource) is OpenATV (i tested 6.4)

and audio stream is mpeg ... but this same i tested with TalkSport radio (28e) and not worked.

Your stream BBC5 Live ... looks good working quick and i will try to test on Premier League over the weekend.

Can you also add link to BBC 5 Live SportExtra and TalkSport ?

Ivo

• ServiceApp - i installed your plugin over menu in OpenATV ... no error message ... just announce 0 pack was installed

After ServiceApp installed ... it shows 7 packs installed ... after box restart ... plugin working

Ok, strange, I'd need to see error messages for that.

VLC - all my streams i tested in VLC - all working

Sure, but did you check the different type of stream types from different boxes?

So far as i know plugin working with E2 streams only if server (resource) is OpenATV (i tested 6.4)

and audio stream is mpeg ... but this same i tested with TalkSport radio (28e) and not worked.

Again, you need to test streams from separate boxes, there's a reason why opTypes are configured in the sources.json file and not hardcoded - it would be important to do the VLC test, plus the terminal test, until a proper gstreamer pipeline works - that could then go into a new/different opType.

I might actually be able to test TalkSport radion on 28e, assuming I find it.

Your stream BBC5 Live ... looks good working quick and i will try to test on Premier League over the weekend.

Can you also add link to BBC 5 Live SportExtra and TalkSport ?

I don't think I'd be inserting any more examples if they're of the same opType as the current ones - I _could_ test those, assuming I'd know the stream URLs, do you have those? Can you find them from fmstream.org? Some other place?

• At least in my box, the Enigma2 radio streams I tested all work (Radio5, TalkSports), but some are pretty crappy and have mini-breaks, so... Would not recommend. Maybe the experience would be better in more powerful boxes, but I wouldn't know.

• I must say something ... i tried Ziko's plugin and your plugin ... both are great but at both i miss something

IP Audio - i miss delay possibility

Budweiser - i miss some links are not working

In IP Audio all i tested work all E2 links ... it does not matter if source is on OpenATV or NewNigma2 (DM8000) or even OE 2.5's Merlin img

for DM 520 ... all working

BTW ... for streaming audio 64/128 kbit you dont need to have any high equipment ...

Ivo

• Hi.

Here are two logs ...

Talksport (resource - server) is my AX Box 61 4K with OpenATV 6.4

BBC5 - (ip and port i had to delete) is from my friend in France (DM8000 - NewNigma2). BTW from same server Absolute Radio working.

So i'd say ... it will b by format of stream ... because from my AX Box 61 4K - Absolute radio also working ...

Are you plan (possible) to add HE-AAC stream of radio to plugin ?

Not sure stream format of bbc radios at 27w

From friend from France (DM 8000) - BBC radio London and BBC Radio2 - both working ...

Thank you for your time

Ivo

• I'm sorry, but these logs are useless to debug stream format issues.

Like I mentioned previously: go to a terminal, and run the same commands the plugin is running for the streams, without redirecting the output to /dev/null, and check any issues or errors that come up - it's very likely that the command pipeline needs adjusting. You can get the commands from the logs as well, look for the "Child audioProcess() execv():" lines.

Example, you'd get into the terminal and run:

/usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=http://ipadress:port/1:0:2:1901:7FF:2:11A0000:0:0:0: ! tsdemux ! audio/mpeg ! fdsink fd=1 |/usr/bin/mpg123 -o wav -|/usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc fd=0 ! decodebin ! queue2 use-buffering=true max-size-buffers=100 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 ! alsasink device=hw:0

Then note the errors and try to adjust the gstreamer pipeline.

About HE-AAC, no idea... I did put in a pipeline for AAC stream in the examples, but don't really use it. Do you have any public example I can try to look at?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!