Budweiser plugin

There are 91 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,671 times. The last Post () by oottppxx.

• At first look, all is well, your output seems to indicated mpg123 recognizes the stream correctly as an mp3, so read fully below.

Here's an example from my box/tuner for BBC5 Radio - other than annoying breaks/pauses in the audio, seen as the pipeline cycling between PAUSED/PLAYING during rebuffers:

# /usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=http://127.0.0.1:8001/1:0:2:1901:7FF:2:11A0000:0:0:0: ! tsdemux ! audio/mpeg ! fdsink fd=1 |/usr/bin/mpg123 -o wav -|/usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc fd=0 ! decodebin ! queue2 use-buffering=true max-size-buffers=100 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 ! alsasink device=hw:0

High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layers 1, 2 and 3

version 1.25.7; written and copyright by Michael Hipp and others

free software (LGPL) without any warranty but with best wishes

Playing MPEG stream 1 of 1: - ...

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

MPEG 1.0 L II cbr96 48000 mono

Note: Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x4e657720 at offset 4840.

Note: Trying to resync...

Note: Skipped 26 bytes in input.

Redistribute latency...

Prerolled, waiting for buffering to finish...

Pipeline is PREROLLED ...

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

New clock: GstAudioSinkClock

Buffering, setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

Done buffering, setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

^Chandling interrupt. <<< interrupted here

Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...

Execution ended after 0:00:23.734917245

[0:29] Decoding of - finished.

Setting pipeline to READY ...

Setting pipeline to NULL ...

Freeing pipeline ...

[../mpg123-1.25.7/src/libout123/wav.c:755] error: flushing failed: Broken pipe

[../mpg123-1.25.7/src/libout123/wav.c:663] warning: Cannot rewind WAV file. File-format isn't fully conform now.

Now look at what happens once I increase the buffers, it played flawlessly for a full minute and 4 seconds:

# /usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=http://127.0.0.1:8001/1:0:2:1901:7FF:2:11A0000:0:0:0: ! tsdemux ! audio/mpeg ! fdsink fd=1 |/usr/bin/mpg123 -o wav -|/usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc fd=0 ! decodebin ! queue2 use-buffering=true max-size-buffers=300 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 ! alsasink device=hw:0

Redistribute latency...

^C[../mpg123-1.25.7/src/libmpg123/readers.c:844] error: buffer reading <<<<<< interrupted here

[1:08] Decoding of - finished.

[../mpg123-1.25.7/src/libout123/wav.c:663] warning: Cannot rewind WAV file. File-format isn't fully conform now.

handling interrupt.

Execution ended after 0:01:04.209690925

Freeing pipeline ...

And this is from my own box/tuner, I can imagine that transmission delay from a box across the internet is playing a part - try and increase the buffers, maybe by a lot, it will take a while to start playing but it might actually do so? Of course it can be useless in terms of the settings you want for the delay, but so it's life, nothing much I can do.

• Hi.

Yesturday night i set BBC Radio London to your plugin set 260 buffer ... and ALL was exellent ... for game Crystal Palace v Arsenal

BBC London is 128 kbit/s and working even with buffer 0, same as all other BBC/Absolute radios except BBC5/Extra + TalkSport

This is not internet problem ... the radios that not working use even lower bitrate - 64 kbit/s

What is your source image for BBC 5 ?

Because i tried earlier OpenATV and OpenPli and both img made very long time (14s) before

sound starts ... i don't why ... i'd rather use OpenXXX img but i must use NewNigma2 or Merlin - sound start in 6s

Same is in my receiver when i use radio from my friend ... Strange is that this is not happend at TV channels ... BBC1 HD i pick up in 3s

I tried to set buffer to 950 with BBC5 but no success ...

Please look to log file ...

Ivo

• BTW: this morning i installed clean OpenATV 6.4 on my Octagon 8008 mini ... no other setting except one transponder scanned

And plugin can not b installed ... 0 packs installed (this shows). After ServiceApp is installed ... plugin is succesfully installed.

Same as Octagon 8008 (twin sat tuner version)

Ivo

• I'll take a look at this in the weekend if I remember. AFAIK, as discussed previously, the plugin has no dependencies on ServiceApp.

• My tests are generally done on OpenATV 6.2.

Makes sense that the buffer didn't work, as it's applied on the 2nd gst-launch pipeline: it seems the error is before that, where decodebin doesn't have enough info about the stream for which sink to choose; I'll do a couple more tests this evening and let you know more, as I've noticed something else that I might want to play with.

• One think i got ... test on same receiver ... plugin is installed on same receiver as is server (source) ... on Octagon 8008 mini with OpenATV 6.4

I tested ... BBC World Service at

7E - working - 192 kbit/s (quick sound in 5s)

13E - working - 192 kbit/s (quick sound in 5s)

19E NOT working - 96 kbit/s

TalkSport - 28E - NOT working 80 kbit/s

BBC5 - NOT tested ... UK beam

Ivo

Edited once, last by ivo2001 ().

• Replying to myself: I had installed OpenATV 6.4 on a separate decoder to test the plugin, and I didn't install serviceapp there (just confirmed it wasn't installed). Still had no issue installing the plugin, but I generally do it from the command line, so no idea what issues could be happening if installing from the GUI, and why/how installing serviceapp would fix those issues.

• I was looking to make sure if the default install of gstreamer had an mp2 audio parser, as it seems that's what a lot of those streams are (instead of mp3), but no, we still need to use mpg123 (or install additional addons/plugins for gstreamer). So no luck there.

• If i do over telnet so there is a error ... below

opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser-6.2.3m.ipk Collected errors: * calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser: * mpg123 * * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser

Ivo

• If i do over telnet so there is a error ... below

opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser-6.2.3m.ipk Collected errors: * calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser: * mpg123 * * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser

Ivo

Right, that's a listed dependency (mpg123 and (wget or curl) - although for using curl you'd need to change the sources.json file).

Here's what happens on mine (after removing both the plugin and mpg123), notice how mpg123 is automatically installed as well, as a missing dependency:

# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser-6.2.3n.ipk

Installing mpg123 (1.25.11) on root.

Downloading http://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/…3_1.25.11-r0_mips32el.ipk.

Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser (6.2.3n) on root.

Installing Enigma2 Budweiser plugin

Configuring mpg123.

Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-budweiser.

Enigma2 Budweiser plugin installed

Enigma2 Budweiser.

Dub weiser.

oottppxx

Restart box to complete install

I've also confirmed that serviceapp doesn't install mpg123, at least not in OpenATV6.4 in this particular decoder (old VU+ Zero), so... YMMV.

• Tested TalkSports on 28.2E, UK Beam, works for me (need to tweak the buffers otherwise I'd get breaks/pauses):

# /usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=http://127.0.0.1:8001/1:0:2:CBDC:831:2:11A0000:0:0:0: ! tsdemux ! audio/mpeg ! fdsink fd=1 |/usr/bin/mpg123 -o wav -|/usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc fd=0 ! decodebin ! queue2 use-buffering=true max-size-buffers=150 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 ! alsasink device=hw:0

MPEG 1.0 L II cbr80 32000 mono

Redistribute latency...

Note: Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x75ad1b6b at offset 1191858.

Note: Trying to resync...

Note: Skipped 306 bytes in input.

MPEG 1.0 L II cbr80 32000 mono

^C

[6:56] Decoding of - finished.

handling interrupt.

Execution ended after 0:06:50.922566453

Freeing pipeline ...

[../mpg123-1.25.7/src/libout123/wav.c:755] error: flushing failed: Broken pipe

• Can you send me link to mpg123 (1.25.11 for ARM procesors ?

Thank you

I have also home one old Vu Zero (not 4k) ... so im able to install OpenATV 6.2

and try plugin here ... but my target ... is Octagon and AX4K box 61 ...

I will try it tomorrow ...

Thanks

• This would have very little to do with the version of OpenATV, I believe.

For mpg123, it should be in the list of packages, either from Menu | Setup | Software Management | Advanced Options | Packet [Package] Management (in OpenATV 6), or from command line: opkg update && opkg upgrade && opkg install mpg123

• TalkSport no success, test also on BBC R2 at 27w ... working

Can you install clean OpenATV 6.4 and than try it ?

Try what exactly? I can test from a pretty clean openatv6.4 getting the TalkSport stream from my openatv6.2 box, where the tuner is. Would that do? What would it tell you if it works fine? :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!